Unity- Please Contribute

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

Pls all contibute to this thread

there' so many threads at the moment about different jathbandis and ways of following sikhi

and sorry moderators while you may think these topics are good for debate they are causing more friction and anti-gurmat stuff (slander, nindiya, ego) etc than good and they will only confuse the youth more.

while those topics were started to bring about truth, i think we all have to realise that within sikhi, there will be different ideas and agree to disagree and get on with our sikhi

so this post can we all try and give suggestions on how we can get unity in the youht, because without unity we have no future just more of the slander 'my way's better than your way' ego etc

so come on everyone -we are so eager to engage in fruitless debate

lets now engage in how we achieve unity

:bling: thats why we can never progress together each khalsa is his own army :sikhiwink2:

Individually we can strive to go far, ignore the people around you they are a hinderance,but in some ways a benefit to put you through experiance.

Unity does not exist ,tried and tested

Do your own thing :wink:

To every BEAUTIFUL Guru da Sikh out there: Just make your life so it's just you and your Satguru, namely Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Man has been arguing over religion for thousands of years.Man has wasted his life just arguing and arguing.Just remember your Satguru, don't take notice of people who shout about religion.

I have been guilty of arguing about religion :oops: I have been a stupid fool, caught in my own trap.What a fool. :cry:

I have great love and respect to all Guru de Sikh out there who remember Vahiguru all the time.I am your servant.I bow to you.

Vahiguru :)

Here are some beautiful words of wisdom from : Sant Ishar singh ji mahara rara sahib.

Self Percept (Atam Updesh)

Why are you so engrossed in worries? Why are you afraid of some one? Who may kill you? The soul is immortal; it neither dies nor takes birth.

The present is here and now, the past is irrecoverable and the future will be good. Don't fret over the past and don't be worried about the future. The present is going on.

Why do you cry? What did you lose? When you were born, what did you bring along, which has been lost? What did you produce which has been perished? It is here that you gained and it is here that you lose. The man comes to; and goes from world, empty handed.

What you own today was not yours yesterday and will not be yours tomorrow. It does not and will not belong to anyone. You consider it your own and rejoice. This happiness of possession leads you to utter grief.

Yours is this world. Start from where you feel to; stay where you desire and wind up where you want to. It has no beginning and no end. You don't fear anyone, but yourself. You are the fright and also the frightened.

Change is the truth of life. What you consider as death is life in reality. In a moment a multi-millionaire is turned pauper. Give up the feeling of possession, great & the mean; differentiation of friend & foe. Then all is yours and you for everyone. Your corporeal being is a product of air, water, fire ,sky and earth and it merges into the same leaving behind neither blood nor bones. Still yours existence remains the same. Then ponder over what you are.

Wake up! and become the eternal sons of the Almighty. You are the great and unique manifestation of Nature's power. All the divine powers are possessed by you, like a tree hidden in the seed.

In fact you don't fear anybody; you don't have any worry, suspicion, pain or grief. You are His dear ones. Surrender yourself completely to Him.

Always, remember the "Waheguru" (God) to achieve salvation. Let your life be guided by the saying "Whatever God wills, is good". Be content with the will of God. Remember Him both in pleasure & pain.

Compiled by His Holiness Sant Isher Singh Ji Maharaj

ok then , i suggest that we have a forum of infomation, where nobody posts replies or debates an stuff like that, just infomation.

in it u can inlcude the names of all the gurus an wot they did an stuff, cos im tellin ya seriously the so called "sikh youth" of today can name two guru only :roll: oh yeah an they can wave a khanda flag about on vaisakhi an the mela day (an at the same time probabley smoke a cigarette) :shock:

the real sikh youth go to the gurdwara an learn about sikhi (camps an gurmat classes etc...)

thats why we can never progress together each khalsa is his own army

Individually we can strive to go far, ignore the people around you they are a hinderance,but in some ways a benefit to put you through experiance.

Unity does not exist ,tried and tested

Do your own thing

ok thats all rosy but all the adminstrators gotta do is stick abit of info on the sit cos peple who visit aint gonna think a whole lot bout it cos the name sikhawareness.com dosent go for wot the site really is at the moment cos at the moment its a discussion board thingy an all we need is abit of info like the gurus an wot they did an bout the 5ks uno the basic stuff so then the site really will bring awareness to sikh youth worldwide :LOL:

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, the post of Baba Isher Singh Ji was good. it is so true what he said.

I am not sure about others on this forum, but I am in my late 20`s. I have witnessed the Uk youth scene now for almost 10 years. I have kept my distance for the last 5 years. Unfortunately, I have to say, I do feel there was alot more pyaar, unity and understanding back then. I am not sure why?

In these years there has been so much effort for unity by so many young sikhs. It is a shame there are still problems. However this should not mean the youth should stop trying, it just means more effort is required. Catchphrases and youth organisations will not make unity, because they do not remove the Vishas and Vikaars that create the problems in the first place.

Possibly I am wrong, but I do feel where there is Naam there is always unity. Where there is naam, there is no dubda, no jealousies, no egos, no alternate agendas. There is just the mutual appreciation of abyass. That is what creates the strongest bonds. In that atmosphere everyone shares virtues, and leave the vikaars behind.

In the Sikh Renaissance period of 100 years ago. This is what happened. With so much pressure of losing Raj, under the pressure of a brutal regime, the Gursikhs created unity in one maryada, the Sikh Rehat Maryada. They freed the Gurdwaras, and stood proud. If we start naming them the list is endless. But the core thing is, they knew who they were, and what responsibility is on their shoulders. The Guru was their Atma (mind), and the Panth was their Jaan (body). How could there be any alternate agenda, but that of Guru and Panth. That is the thinking that Naam creates. It is when we start having this thinking, Unity will appear itself automatically.

waheguru ji ke khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

waheguru ji ka khalsa - waheguru ji ki fateh

in the light of the recent 'debates' on this site which have caused allot of people to be either offended or angered has led us to make a change in the way we are runnin this site

the contraversial threads were made with the intention to learn more about various jathas/beliefs and clear up any misunderstanding.. but unfortunately things kinda got outa hand and ended up with nothing but 'mud slinging' and i applogise to anyone who was offended by anything said - as we always say we aim to see the truth, but we do not wish to create a greater divide amongst the sangat then there already is, instead we wish to have a forum where ALL sikhs/non sikhs can learn together and share knowledge

this has made us realise that we spend so much time arguing over petty things such as the meat issue - ragmaala - various jathas - sanatan sikhi - mainstream sikhi - and all sorts of other stuff.. this leads us away from the main thing which we should be concentrating... NAAM!!!!

in the comin weeks we should be implementing more emphasis on naam and gurbani and allowing facilities to allow the sangat to discover gurbani - what these will be is being discussed right now but we will let u know

if we can put our differences aside and accept each other as united khalsa how shri guru gobind singh maharaj wanted us to then that is a massive step in the right direction

waheguru ji ka khalsa - waheguru ji ki fateh

good to see some responses to this topic :))

i just wanted to add to Jagjit Singh's post

he made some good points

i do agree that a few years ago there was much more pyar and unity with the youth and one of the reasons that it has been lost is simple

THE INTERNET

While it has good uses, most of the disagreements between youth, groups over the last few years has bene magnified alot through the internet, think back to all those egroups with so many emails that just caused distrust and unity - so many issues etc. The internet hasn't got that personal touch, it's so easy to talk into a computer. ok i am not going to be naive and say problems never existed but before the age on the internet, problems had to be solved face to face and no matter what anyone says - u can have so much negativiey towards another Gursikh, but once seeing him/her face to face that all changes because you see the roop of Guru ji, and taht roop will melt even the harshest of ego's

One Other thing jagjit Singh ji said is that to get unity you need naam, so true and while the internet can give us discussions, debates, theoretical ideas of sikhi, sakhi etc, there's one thing it can't give us and thats sitting down in sangat doing naam simran and bhagti together,

thats what's missing and the internet doesn't cater for that.

on that note there's two major camps happening in uk this year

sikhstudent camp - www.sikhstudent.org

and Khalsacamp - www.khalsacamp.com

both these camps will have plenty of oppurtunity for Gursikhs to sit together and do sangat

so on a final note- lets use the tool of the internet to help in Sikh awareness but be careful that we don't get caught up in the trap and end up using the internet in a negative way.

All we need faith in our Guru Granth Sahib. All these orgs/ jathas are taking away youth from Sikhi because they add their flavour to sikhi as well. Youth has been taught to say yes if jatha say it and no if Jatha say it.

Gurus worked so hard to compile Guru Granth Sahib and unfortunately still we need somoene to show us the path to almighty. I just read Guru Granth Sahib and I feel so satisfied with it because I treat it as our Guru the way Guru ji asked us to but others just taking it as book same as Quran, Bible and that's the downfall because in Islam main priority is Mohammad Sahib and in Christianity Son of God "Jesus" but in Sikhism Guru Guru Granth sahib ji is our main priority. I don't want to force my views on anybody and I don't want to tell someone what is right and wrong but I want them to contemplate whatever they see and then make their best judgement.

The Truth,

Internet is definately not a medium to get naam but it was started to share information with whole world in matter of seconds. People abuse internet and as also use so we can't blame Internet for it. We all know that God has given us brain and we need to use it sometimes as well. I have learned from Sikhism that we should be able to contemplate and this is what our Gurus have taught us.

The Truth wrote:

One Other thing jagjit Singh ji said is that to get unity you need naam, so true and while the internet can give us discussions, debates, theoretical ideas of sikhi, sakhi etc, there's one thing it can't give us and thats sitting down in sangat doing naam simran and bhagti together,

thats what's missing and the internet doesn't cater for that.

Well its common sense. When we touch our keyboard then we are looking for information or simply want to browse the Internet. But then it comes to contemplating things and that's what we are not doing...

Guru ji never taught us to hate anyone but they gave us simple message that "All human races are same" but most of the offline sikh community is teaching opposite to Gurus message. Sikh youth has been brainwashed with so much anger that they hate everyone. I believe that love can change everything and that's all we need. Guru ji's message was for the world but we sikhs have restricted it to ourselves and then these different jathas are distoring it and creating conflicts.

All we need to learn to contemplate things and we can bring awareness in Sikhs and sikh youth. Just read Guru Granth Sahib and you will get anwser to anything you want in your life.

Thanks!

after reading Truthsinghs post i stand corrected

while the internet has in my opinion helped in spread disunity

the main cause as truth bhaji said is the people who use the internet.

again as Bhaji said

all the truth is in Guru Granth sahib ji

the answers are all there

we don't need to look outside of it in to any jathabani/group

Guru ji got all the answers

I believe that love can change everything and that's all we need. Guru ji's message was for the world but we sikhs have restricted it to ourselves and then these different jathas are distoring it and creating conflicts.

Absolutely Right Ji !!! :)