Nirankari "What's their history"

I have come across so many posts where Nirankaris were mentioned and I would like to get feedback on their history and how/why they went against Sikhs etc. Anybody has good proper information? Besides name calling?

Thanks!

ok I searched on google.com under nirankari and found one of their website.

Source: http://www.nirankari.com/

Here is their history as per their website.

PERSONAGE

Going by the Personage directly connected with the Mission in its present form, it dates back to 1929 when Baba Buta Singh Ji revealed God Knowledge to Baba Avtar Singh Ji. From 1929 onwards, the Mission has been headed by four spiritual personages. Their life history virtually lays open before us the step-wise complete history of the Mission as it stands today. When we refer to Baba Buta Singh Ji, we get to know the foundation of the Mission. The broad-basing and organizing the Mission reminds us of Baba Avtar Singh Ji as founder of the Sant Nirankari Mandal. Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji evinced an absorbing interest and took the Mission across the country. The setting up of the Working Committee of the Mandal, construction of a chain of Satsang Bhawans and, of course, his supreme sacrifice for the Mission makes us remember him with utmost gratitude. The present preceptor Baba Hardev Singh Ji Maharaj is working day in and day out to take the Mission to every door-step in the world by multi-reach methods.

Guest Javanmard

There are two groups called Nirankaris.

the first one was created by Dayal SIngh Khatri in th emiddle of the 19th century. Inspired by Islamic Sunni thought he wanted Sikhi to get rid of what he thought were Hindu rituals (aarti, havan, icons) though they weren't Hindu in the end. He established the modern AnandKaraj ritual. His jatha included Sahajdharis and Amritdharis at equal level. HHis jatha only believes in Adi Guru Granth sahib. Their main centre is Chandigarh.

the second group is a splinter from the former group. A certain Bhuta Singh was a ragi in that jatha but used to be drunk and changed the words of the shabad he was singing. He got kicked out of the jatha and gathered his own followers. He proclaimed himslef to be Gurun and used to sit with his feet on Guru Granth Sahib (bhen :evil: :evil: :evil: ).

One of his successors, Gurabchan Singh provoked the 1979 clash with Damdami Taksal and AKJ (another heretic jatha!) but he got assassinated by a porper Gursikh whose identity is still unknown. A lot of people say it was Ranjit Singh but Sant Jarnail SIngh had serious doubts about that.

YOu can recognise a tree by its fruits. The first Nirankaris stopped practising the rituals in honour of Guru Granth Sahib and the neo-nirankaris stopped repsecting maharaj completely. Their baba even pretends to be God. Their book "Avatar Bani" says that Guru Nanak was spiritually blind.

They're all Narakpanthis.

This serves as an example how jathas or man made sects turn again Sikhi in the end. Beware of jathas. Stick to the samprayas Maharaj gave us.

Death and humiliation to heresy!!! :evil:

GUr Bar Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll

Degh Tegh Fatehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just went through their website for five minutes... And I easily found the following contradictions in their Ideolody...

If these so called Nirankaris claim that they do not belong to any particular "Religion" then why do they associate 'Singh/Kaur' with their names? Ridiculous ? They themselves are NOT clear about their objectives and they calim to be seekers of Truth... and what can be expected from them...

They have made God-Realisation a playing thing in the hands of these so called human Satgurus, who readily show the innocent people the glimpse of the GOD!!! how very conveinant. These so called Deras and Jathas are luring the innocent people to join there so called missions by misleading the new generation.

We can also read the same at :

http://www.nirankari.com/ideology/ideo2.htm

Is there anyone from Sant Nirankari Mission who can put some light... in the darkness... :twisted:

Sat Sri Akal:

lalleshavri Sahib, you are a real cut up!

They're all a bunge of heretic <admin cut> and whoever killed their <admin cut> Baba is a proper Gursikh

The person who did away with Gurbachan, leader of the Sant Nirankaris was Former Jathedar Ranjit Singh, member of the AKJ!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Looks like the AKJ did produce someone positive eh?

Another contradiction in their ideology.

These so called Nirankaris believe in "one formless God" but they have dehdhari (human) Satguru to show them the formless God... Lolz :LOL::LOL::LOL: :? :shock:

Sat Sri Akal:

Ai, such a serious forum! Hehehe. I sense some animosity towards the AKJ group. :shock: Oh well, to each his own. :wink:

Truth Singh Ji, you are asking why did Nirankaris go against Sikhism. No references for this one, just common sense. People at the head of groups sometimes crave power and ego-inflation. To substantiate their claim to being a Guru or something equivalent in status, the leader will try to downplay or even outright slander people who threaten their status. Hence, to secure his platform, Baba Gurbachan slandered the Gurus for the purposes to make himself look superior. And Indira was looking for just that type of person to irritate the Sikh Panth. So she made him a leader of the Sikh Panth on international visits and gave him the platfor m to preach his hatred because it served her purposes.

So the answer to your question why did Baba Gurbachan go against Sikhism? Simply, selfish ego and power-trip. And he paid for it with his life as did his Master, Indira.

Thanks! for your info and I truely appreciate.

Ai, such a serious forum! Hehehe. I sense some animosity towards the AKJ group. Oh well, to each his own

If there is truth then there is no way you cannot make person love you by showing him the right path. Everyone is living his life with doubts some take them as offense and some clear them.

Guest Javanmard

For your information it is not sure whether Ranjit killed Gurbachan SIngh or not. Sant Jarnail SIngh Bhindranwale had serious doubts about him and to be honest if as a Sikh I have to chose between the word of a proper Gursikh like Sant Jarnail Singh and the words of a heretic like Ranjit SIngh, I'll definetly chose the word of a real Gursikh like Sant Jarnail SIngh. I don't believe even for a second that it was Ranjit Singh who did it. AKJ have never fought for any Sikh Panth, they only fought for their own cult. In due time they'll be kicked out of the Panth as well. What is the difference between pooting one's foot on Maharaj and declaring that Ragmala is not bani:NONE! In both cases it's blasphemy!

Honour be to our Gurus and to Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and to Guru Khalsa Panth : my only refuge, my only joy!

the curse of God be on the heretics who insult our Gurus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their website is plethora of contradictions... Lalleswari ji you would simply just enjoy their stuff on their website. Its highly un-inspirational. And after reading all their yearnings bandae dee surtee nahi juddee, sagon mann uchaat hundaa hae... :shock:

Amans said:

Another contradiction in their ideology.

These so called Nirankaris believe in "one formless God" but they have dehdhari (human) Satguru to show them the formless God... Lolz

hanji, i think i see your point.... but we also had 10 human gurus to show us the formless god, did we not? it just so happens that they're on number 16 or whatever...that's not exactly a contradiction, after all, they did get a lot of their base from Sikhi, and we too, had 10 human gurus to teach us the Trueness of the Formless God

No jsb, Our Gurus never lured anybody to join Sikhi by telling them they would show us the glimpse of God. They preached that only our good Karams would enable us to meet the True Lord and for that we have to make life long efforts. They never said Just come to me and meet the formless God... a piece of cake!!! And look at their ideology... they say that glimpse of God can be attained only if they join their so called mission and then the human satguru would show us the lord.

Why so miserly in showing the humanity the formless God...

And then they propogate that once the people see the formless God people would have to serve them (the human satgurus) all their lives "without questions and queries". Then why these so called satgurus dared to question the authority of SGGS at all, at first place itself. They had no right to question the wisdom of our Gurus at all. And this applies to every Jatha or Dera or any Mission etc etc etc etc.

How dare they openly insulted our Gurus? These materialist satgurus=> mor*ns only want publicity.

Bhul Chuk Maaf