kara

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kaur1699

hmm, i have always been told that u wear it dependin on whether u are right or left handed, it doesn't really matter which hand it is on, it shud be on the one u use most...

rnt all sikhs suposed 2 wear sarbloh karai?

In this time.. where can i get pure sarbloh (iron)??????????????

i dont think you can get sarbloh not even from india...

everything is mixed up with steeel.....even karaie nihangi wore em they all mixed up with the steele... :x

In this time.. where can i get pure sarbloh (iron)??????????????

i dont think you can get sarbloh not even from india...

everything is mixed up with steeel.....even karaie nihangi wore em they all mixed up with the steele... :x

whats wrong with steel??? :x lol

yeh im on the hunt for a really good one - ill check the vaisaki mela in a weeks time to see if i can get one - i know or a fact that u can get pure sarbloh ones in the uk - ive seen em - ill post u one neo :D

Wear can i get Iron one's from?

try vaisaki mela or something - they shud be sellin em on stalls...

lol@khalsa souljah - someone i knew was alergic to steel - and he wore a silva kara - dunno if its allowed or not :oops:

my parents have always said apparantly sikhs shouldnt wear gold karas ....it should always be steele..is this true? i will find out why when i ask them

yep no gold but sarbloh(iron) is always more prefered than steel :P

neo - theres nothin really wrong with wearin a gold kara

but u shudnt subsitute the steel kara - or sarbloh with a gold one

theres nothin wrong with wearing a steel/sarbloh and also havin a gold one

the gold one shudnt take the steel ones place

neo - theres nothin really wrong with wearin a gold kara

but u shudnt subsitute the steel kara - or sarbloh with a gold one

theres nothin wrong with wearing a steel/sarbloh and also havin a gold one

the gold one shudnt take the steel ones place

I dont know i just took amrit yesterday...takshalis do mind evem if you wear a sarbloh kara with gold one.. because it does make sense..when you go back to gurus time.. there was nothing except sarbloh...

sarbloh batta's, sarbloh karaiez, sarbloh swords, sarbloh khanda...its the tradition of sarbloh in sikhism...

one day singh asked guru ji ..why do u like about ur fighters??? guru ji replied i love sarbloh(iron) clanging everywhere destroying the evil :D ...

vaheguroooooooooooooooo :D ... GUBAR AKAL :D

thats what i mean - as long as u dont substitute the sarbloh with gold - like take the sarbloh one off and just have a gold one as ur kakar kara.... then thats wrong

i remember when i took amrit - there was this bibi - she was like 70 yrs old easily - she asked one of the panj pyare

"baba ji - ussi sona paa sak deh aah?"

the singh said

"ohhhh bibiyeh.... tu inni siyaani ho gayi - tu kenu sona dikaalana"

lol it was too funny :P:P

anywayz once again congrats neo :wink: :wink:

how did it all go???.....

well, I think U should wear Kara on your right hand side coz when u doo something wrong in ur life its reminds to u not to do something wrong!!!!

Nihangs wear karaiez on both hands!!!!! soo its does't matter which hand u put it on!!!!!

there are so so so sooooo many meaning to karas..i know a few (i read a fantastic book on sikhi once and i wish i could remember the name of it)

1) a kara is round as it represents God...(going round and round and round, non stop...no corners..FOREVER LIVING and WITHOUT LIMIT)

2) Iron of a kara apparantly keeps away bad spirits (apparantly this is what the last Guru had said

and also..does any one know the meaning of those karas with beads on them? like when u do simran..? some one told me that its mostly useful for people who have recently taken amrit..(for starters) to remind them to say waheguru every at every breath..(hence at the stroke of each bead)

the kara also represents handcuffs - people who wear handcuffs aint able to steal - or do bad things are they

the beaded kara's are like mini maalas (prayer beads)... keep track of how many repetitions n stuff u done :D

• 2 months later...