Authencity Of 52 Hakums Of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji- Split Topic Discussion

The language in the 52 hukams seems way too modern. This kind of Panjabi was not in use in Guru's era or soon after. This seems to be more like post Singh Sabha era.

19 hours ago, JasperS said:

How exactly would one write a code of conduct (a list of rules) in poetry form? 

Writing in poetic form, is great for using allegory and metaphor to instil hidden meaning you wish to convey, but not everyone will get that deeper meaning. Which is why it would have made no sense to write a code of conduct or commands in poetry form, as you want as many people as possible to understand, and follow it!

I wouldn't say that is a rule as much of the literature in that era was written in poetry. Some of the rehitnamas are written as such.

• 3 years later...

Interesting  conversations though a bit passionate at times. I have to agree with dalsingh for the simple reason that everything we believe should have solid evidence. Our Guru Granth Sahib can be traced to manuscripts written by the Gurus themselves.

Rather than waste energy on unqualified opinions, point us to concrete evidence on the authenticity of the 52 commandments. Otherwise we are no different from the throngs of believers of fake news on the internet and social media who swallow whole the news without questioning.

Maybe the 52 commandments are all real, maybe some are real, or maybe none. How would we know unless it is studied carefully.

And BTW, why did the scholars create a Rehat Maryada in 1942 if the 52 commandments are authentic - what was the need to create another set of rules?

• 2 years later...
On 12/8/2014 at 5:38 PM, dalsingh101 said:

You're funny mate:

You open your mouth and try and condemn me with your holier than thou attitude, when you didn't have the bollocks/sense to condemn unnecessary murder only a few weeks ago; when you ludicrously tried to censure me for vehemently condemning it as backwards and counter-productive - if you recall.

If you've got complaints about me, it goes both ways.

Plus you want to get used to straight talking here by the way: if you're going to run your mouth about my use of foul language - you'd better open it up to condemn all the other bullshit going on in the panth right now too - casteism, alcoholism, hiding from problems like grooming, corrupt politics by the SGPC, rampant materialism, the emasculation of keshdhari Sikh men, how Sikh girls are behaving, widescale lack of Panjabi literacy skills in the diaspora; the list can go on.

So instead of focusing on petty things - go focus on the real problems we have because I tell you what: From where I'm sitting, with all the problems of grooming, increasing racism, neo-imperialistic government policies not to mention impending terrorist attacks - the things you seem to focus on as problems makes it look like you stuck in some hole away from the real world.

Wrote this about 8 years ago. Was I on the ball with my observations then? How have things changed since then? 

7 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Nailed it. Thankfully we have the antidotes. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

From where I'm sitting, with all the problems of grooming, increasing racism, neo-imperialistic government policies not to mention impending terrorist attacks - the things you seem to focus on as problems makes it look like you stuck in some hole away from the real world.

This bit here is important:

Grooming has since become (reluctantly) an acknowledged issue (despite governmental denials of Sikh females being effected). Notice they have reverted back to their old strategy of blaming 'political correctness'  and 'asians' to obfuscate:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11087031/Rishi-Sunak-blasts-political-correctness-authorities-scared-calling-groomers.html

Which smoothly relates to the issue of increasingly open racism. The whole funding, training and arming of self-admitted neo-nazi groups by the anglosphere of US/UK and Canada is out there for all to see too. 

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, but trying to assess and evaluate my own analysis and judgement skills - and they seem on point here. 

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Ramneek said:

Soo is the 52 hukams authentic? Personally, when I read them, it doesn’t sound like something Guru Gobind Singh ji would say compared to the sakhis I’ve heard about him, but then again, I haven’t met and know Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Blink. Blink. Blink. 

Cough. 

Which uh one you have a hard time with?

On 11/28/2022 at 12:40 AM, Ramneek said:

Soo is the 52 hukams authentic? Personally, when I read them, it doesn’t sound like something Guru Gobind Singh ji would say compared to the sakhis I’ve heard about him, but then again, I haven’t met and know Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Which Hukam do you think is against Gurbani?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 9 months later...