Condolences To Bhagatsingh Veerji

jaikaara

That day was just like every other day, healthy and bright, until his heart suddenly stopped working that evening. In his alst moment, I was sure he would be fine because he had no illness, nothing. I thought he will get up soon and we'll hug. he'll rest for a bit and we'd get on with our plans. But paramedics and doctor said he didn't make it. They couldn't get his heart back up. I was keeping an eye on him the whole time, for hours, waiting for him to get up.

but he didn't.

What can we do about it, it's done. Funeral and ardas is on saturday.

Singh that's pretty much it I think.
My father's death was sudden and painless from what I saw. He appeared peaceful though he said he was struggling to speak (yes he was speaking and moving at one point. This was after his pulse disappeared).
Later when I was meditating outside the emergency room, the images I kept getting were unusual. It was my father, me and a bright light-being together. So I think he did go home at that point or earlier.

Edited by BhagatSingh

I'm very sorry to hear that veer ji.Hope he is in his divine home and in lap of akal purkh.Sending heartly condolences and positive vibes your way.

*Bahur ham kaahae aavehgae||

Why should I come into the world again?

Aavan jaanaa hukam tisai kaa hukamai bujh samaavehigae||

Coming and going is ordained by divine decree; accordingly I am merged with the divine.

*Sookh sehaj aanand vutthae tit ghar||

Peacefully I take abode in the house of bliss.

Aavan jaan rehae janam na tehaa mar||

My comings and goings have ended and there is no more birth or death.

Waheguru!!

It sounds quite peaceful and that is how it should be. Glad you were meditating instead of the shows of women crying and wailing that we often witness. These never help the situation.

Just hold on to that divine connection within.

He's either gone home or moving along that journey Bhagat. Like we all will one day.

Edited by dalsingh101

He's either gone home or moving along that journey Bhagat. Like we all will one day.

Yea when I watched him die , 3 things became very clear to me.

1. we will all go one day

2. life is precious and we take it for granted, instead of savouring it

and

3. emptiness

It sounds quite peaceful and that is how it should be. Glad you were meditating instead of the shows of women crying and wailing that we often witness.

Lol that happened as well...

This will happen to everyone, sooner or later, a loved one will pass leaving a void and emptiness. Forcing us to question the purpose of our lives. Death is the only thing we are certain about in our lives, yet we get caught up in the daily affairs and forget about it. And then something happens, jolting us & testing our faiths.

Great are the gurmukhs who leave in Sehaj.

Bhagat ji, right now it may seem empty, but I think this emptiness will be replaced with a sweet presence inspiring you on your path.

How old was he btw ?

Yea you are right. Although i haven't had to face any such questions, my mom certainly felt what you are describing in first para. It hit her hard.
I just get the empty feeling sometimes. Most of the time, I think my dad is still around.
yesterday was the funeral and I bathed and dressed him and later I started the burning process. Even though I saw his physical shell and watched it burn, I still feel as if he is with me for some reason. Does that usually happen in these circumstances?

He was 62, healthy. He meditated a lot and neither drank nor smoke. Ate a healthy diet and stuff. So for us it was kind of sudden and unexpected when his heart stopped. He was doing stuff around the house, making plans and looked happy that day. It was just like any normal day.