Sleep And Organ Failure

• 6 years later...
On 3/21/2015 at 12:25 AM, paapiman said:
Gorak Nath jee had conquered sleep but it resulted in an organ failure for his body. Sant Baba Mahaharnam Singh jee wanted Sant Baba Nand Singh jee to conquer sleep without any organ failure (which he eventually did). Does anyone know which organ of Gorakh Nath jee failed?

Thanks a lot.

@paapiman did you find out ?

14 minutes ago, Premi said:

No idea

But sleep is important for the body as a whole is my understanding. Maybe it was several organs failed

https://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2013/04/benefits-slumber

....while you’re sleeping, your brain and body don’t just shut down. Internal organs and processes are hard at work throughout the night.

“Sleep services all aspects of our body in one way or another: molecular, energy balance, as well as intellectual function, alertness and mood,” says Dr. Merrill Mitler, a sleep expert and neuroscientist at NIH.

While I think biforcated sleeling and micro slipping or cat napping are extremely effective, and while I know you can go without sleep for days naturally if you must, that is one of those areas it's just best not to mess with. You transcend, by all means skip sleep, any attempt to force it is folly, and abusing sleep on a regular basis usually with the addition of caffeine abuse is horribly unhealthy. We're occupied most of life, enjoy some good solid natural rest. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2015 at 8:25 PM, paapiman said:
Gorak Nath jee had conquered sleep but it resulted in an organ failure for his body. Sant Baba Mahaharnam Singh jee wanted Sant Baba Nand Singh jee to conquer sleep without any organ failure (which he eventually did). Does anyone know which organ of Gorakh Nath jee failed?

Thanks a lot.

Conquering sleep is not easy feat, sleep is extremely important for kalyugi jeves like us as mind needs to be rested- awareness needs to be sunk back in its source for body recovery and mind recovery, For previous bhramgyani karaks its easy, I or awareness already has gone to heart while they are awake- body and minds are always being recovered every moment as they are already in heart center (not to be confused with heart chakra in middle)

On 3/20/2015 at 5:25 PM, paapiman said:

Thanks a lot.

This sounds like some folly in many ways. And not really Gurmat. 

On 5/19/2022 at 12:30 PM, sarabatam said:

I was pretty curious regarding bhramgyani mind during deep sleep so i asked sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale this question, they said- bhramgyani  doesnt get any dreams there is no astral body or subcious mind and also bhramgyani deep sleep- is gyan jagrath

Waheguru Ji

Was this question asked recently? How is Baba Ji's health?  Do you plan on doing any questions and answers with Baba Ji and recording them for the Sangats benefit?

17 hours ago, sarabatam said:

Baba Ji health seems good, just spoke to them few days ago. I have asked them many questions in the past. Please check on the forum.

Waheguru Ji have listened to the questions and answers many times.  Thought doing more questions and answers with Baba Ji will benefit the future Sangat.

Just like in the past the Sikhs recorded entire Guru Granth Sahib Ji katha of Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bindranwale.  That katha is benefiting us today.  In the same way recording as many questions and answers with Baba Ji will benefit future Sangat?  Thats why we should do as many q and a with Baba Ji.  The Sangat can submit the questions.  Even the questions you ask Baba Ji over the phone can be recorded.  This can be a monthly thing.  What you think of this idea?

6 hours ago, sarabatam said:

It's good idea. Last time, I saw him last year couldn't think of any questions or felt any need. May be something i can do for future for sure.

Waheguru Ji Guru Kirpa it doesn't have to be face to face questions and answers.  It can be over the phone.  Waheguru Waheguru

Guest Sevak, I forgot password

Sleep is because of past bad Kara's (paaps). Excessive REM sleep is because of that. As per my study of Gurmat and association with persons of high avastha -- only 4-6 hours of sleep is needed. One can listen to Sant Baba Isher Singh ji's deewans on YouTube.com

btw, its 2AM and I haven't slept tonight. I am doing some work on my computer (work related) and tomorrow I have to goto work again and after tomorrow I have to go on a long drive again- starting early morning. No sleep for me :_(