Can someone please provide examples of single Gurbani tuks which can be used to justify any anti-Gurmat activities? I am curious to know.

Many Gurbani tuks can stand alone on their own, without context and uthanka. Like for example, the below tuk only has three words in it, but can stand alone.

Awdysu iqsY Awdysu ]

If you take the context and uthanka into picture, then too it makes sense. It might have many more arths.

Please don't give examples of tuks which have the word 'ਜੇ ' (if) in them. Like for example,

ਜੇ ਲਖ ਇਸਤਰੀਆ ਭੋਗ ਕਰਹਿ ਨਵ ਖੰਡ ਰਾਜੁ ਕਮਾਹਿ ॥

You may enjoy the pleasures of hundreds of thousands of women, and rule the nine continents of the world.

Any person who understands basic Punjabi, will know that there is more to come in the next tuk.

JYI:

Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Sundar Singh jee Khalsa Bhindrawale (11th jathedar of DDT) did more than 20 arths of a Gurbani tuk.

Dhan Dhan Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Sundar Singh jee Khalsa Bhindrawale

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev jee Maharaaj

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Following come to mind for now:

paan supari khatiyan mukh beedan laayian har har kade na chetyo jam pakad chalayian

par triya roop na pekhe netra

ninda ustat doyoo bibarjit...

jaag leho re mana kahan gafal soya...

so sikh sakha bandap hai bhai jo gur ke bhaane aave...

I am not a scholar but above are quite simple to understand in a given situation.

What kind of anti-gurmat activities are you looking for?

Following come to mind for now:

paan supari khatiyan mukh beedan laayian har har kade na chetyo jam pakad chalayian

par triya roop na pekhe netra

ninda ustat doyoo bibarjit...

jaag leho re mana kahan gafal soya...

so sikh sakha bandap hai bhai jo gur ke bhaane aave...

I am not a scholar but above are quite simple to understand in a given situation.

What kind of anti-gurmat activities are you looking for?

Singh saab, I mean 'tuks' which can be used to justify any anti-gurmat activity. All the tuks which you gave, cannot be taken in the wrong sense.

Like for example,

ਜੇ ਲਖ ਇਸਤਰੀਆ ਭੋਗ ਕਰਹਿ ਨਵ ਖੰਡ ਰਾਜੁ ਕਮਾਹਿ ॥

You may enjoy the pleasures of hundreds of thousands of women, and rule the nine continents of the world.

If there was no 'ਜੇ' word in the above tuk, then this tuk could have been used to justify polygamy.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

• 4 years later...