Should we put on CLOTHES at all ?

Should we put on CLOTHES at all ?  

7 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes ! Ofcourse !!
    • No !!!!!!!

If we are preached that we should believe in natural living then why should we put on clothes??? Clothes are not part of our body... naturally. Then why we wear clothes at all...??? :oops: 8)

Sat Sri Akal:

Why do we kill living beings? To satisfy our hunger. Why clothes? Cause it's cold. The body has its needs.

As per Sikhism...Guru Sahib stated that Sikhs should wear a kachera (which is an article made of cloth...hence clothing). Guru Sahib got his orders from the Big Guy. And you do NOT question the Big Guy!

Kapish? ( :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: ).

Sangat Ji, be happy!

If we are preached that we should believe in natural living then why should we put on clothes??? Clothes are not part of our body... naturally. Then why we wear clothes at all...??? :oops: 8)

Actually, we take naturally living the wrong way. Natural means simple as far as I understand, not the way you trying to describe it because GOD has made decision for our birth and death, but middle life depends on your "Karmas" and you earn them with your life style and with meditation.

Let’s get back to subject now, and I would like to make it clear that God gave us brain and which has capacity to grow more and more with time. Just imagine when you were born your understanding was different and as you became older you've changed with the time, so same goes for the mankind. We started from Stone Age "naked" and with time and brain development men succeeded to reach Moon and still progressing...

Now Sikhism peaches naturally living, which means that grow with time as nature wants you to grow and develop your brain and utilize it to the level where you can reach on moon and men have done it so this is my friend is naturally living and this is the reason that we wear clothes because we have developed them with time as we are growing and it won't stop but we will grow more naturally and this is the way of living naturally...

In simple sentence I can describe it this way that natural living is when we use natural material to live, and clothes are made with natural material.:)

Note:Lalleshvari ji, I came to know that you hold great knowledge of sikhism, so please share your treasure with your brothers and sisters so we can understand sikhism more. Jokes are good for sometimes but then you know we have general audience forum. 8)

Sat Sri Akal:

Ahem...(clears throat, getting to deliver a serious answer). :arrow:

It is characteristic of the higher primates to use tools and other things in their environment to live in the world. Take the chimps, for example. They will use a twig, shove it down a termite nest and fish out termites for a snack. These same chimps will also pull and bend tree branches together to make a bed of leaves for their nightly rest. Are these chimps going against the command of the Lord or a natural life? No. Rather, these animals are using the intellect that was given to them by the Almighty to survive in the wild.

Similarly, clothing is a human adaptation that is a product of their God-given intellect. It is not un-natural, but in fact, very natural, as the human is simply exercising its natural talent (hence the large cerebrum).

Thus ends Dr. Singh's Science Lesson #: 11211. :roll:

when we say "stay natural" in my opinion it refers to accepting ur body how it was born.. such as no peircings - no tatoos - no plastic surgery etc

clothes are there to keep a person modest and respect their privacy.. i

if u look at peircings n tattoos they are used to enchance someones appearance.. and to do this u take this step towards becomes less natural..

dunno if dat makes any sense :?

This is not a bed time story but a true story.

This woman use to walk naked infront of people. So one man approached and asked her why you walking naked for?? She goes i m looking for an partner who has control over the desires and 5 vices to get married. Unfortuanetely, few of fake sadhus, rishis and muniyas start lookin at her and revealed the inner flith within themselves. She replied, world is full of flith because everyone was lookin at her. Finally she found rose in the dirty pond who didnt looked her (Which also means has completely won over desires and 5 vices).

so thats a experiment for me. But i wont try it because woman or men lik her its 1 out of million who had no problem gettin naked because she had controlled over it and had no insecurties same with the partner she met... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Note: I ll find the refrence to this true-story. I remember i read it somewhere or hear it. I cant remember it right now but i ll back it up soon with ref.

Regards,

Kaam cant be controlled by removing clothes, your mind gets use to it. Like placees where ppl keep themselves covered and if they see a naked elbow they get kaami and there are places where they see you naked all the time and kaam doesnt affect them becoz they are use to it, but both have kaam in them.

Kaam can only be controlled by His Kirpa ! Self-Effort is useless