Women And Lust

Infact females have more kaam than men as Farid states: Farida Eh Vis Gandala

Unquote

Bro, can you please elaborate on the above quote? Like, provide us with the arth and uthanka of the above mentioned Gurbani tuk?

Chanakya jee had said that women have eight (8) times more sensual urge than men.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Chanakya also said this of women... so I wouldn't pay too much heed regarding what he said about us:

"Untruth fulness, rashness, guile, stupidity, greed, un-cleanliness and cruelty are a woman's seven natural flaws"

According to him, women are unclean, stupid, greedy, deceitful and cruel beings...

Chanakya jee was a great economist, a wise man, a wild fighter, an able executive, a honest adviser, a diligent planner and a shrewd politician.

I hope, we have a leader like him one day.

Anyways, off-topic. Let's see, what the op (quote) has to say.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Chanakya jee was a great economist, a wise man, a wild fighter, an able executive, a honest adviser, a diligent planner and a shrewd politician.

I hope, we have a leader like him one day.

Anyways, off-topic. Let's see, what the op (quote) has to say.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

So you believe him then? Answer outright... since you chose to just defend him rather than question the above, do you believe what he said about women? Answer outright please... without skirting the question.

This human body regardless of male or female is disgusting as per Gurbani. This is to break our attachment from the body and look past the outer beauty.

But at the same time Gurbani teaches us that this body is a great vehicle to meet God, so we should make sure it is healthy.

According to me, eh vis gandala, just means a way to break attachment to body.

This human body regardless of male or female is disgusting as per Gurbani. This is to break our attachment from the body and look past the outer beauty.

But at the same time Gurbani teaches us that this body is a great vehicle to meet God, so we should make sure it is healthy.

According to me, eh vis gandala, just means a way to break attachment to body.

Bro, do you know the uthanka of that shabad?

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਏ ਵਿਸੁ ਗੰਦਲਾ ਧਰੀਆਂ ਖੰਡੁ ਲਿਵਾੜਿ ॥

Fareedhaa Eae Vis Gandhalaa Dhhareeaaan Khandd Livaarr ||

फरीदा ए विसु गंदला धरीआं खंडु लिवाड़ि ॥

Fareed, these are poisonous sprouts coated with sugar.

58846 ਸਲੋਕ (ਭ. ਫਰੀਦ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੭੯ ਪੰ. ੧੫

Salok Baba Sheikh Farid

ਇਕਿ ਰਾਹੇਦੇ ਰਹਿ ਗਏ ਇਕਿ ਰਾਧੀ ਗਏ ਉਜਾੜਿ ॥੩੭॥

Eik Raahaedhae Rehi Geae Eik Raadhhee Geae Oujaarr ||37||

इकि राहेदे रहि गए इकि राधी गए उजाड़ि ॥३७॥

Some die planting them, and some are ruined, harvesting and enjoying them. ||37||

58847 ਸਲੋਕ (ਭ. ਫਰੀਦ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੭੯ ਪੰ. ੧੬

Salok Baba Sheikh Farid

Edited by Ragmaala

So you believe him then? Answer outright... since you chose to just defend him rather than question the above, do you believe what he said about women? Answer outright please... without skirting the question.

I will answer later.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

फरीदा ए विसु गंदला धरीआं खंडु लिवाड़ि ॥
Farīḏā e vis ganḏlā ḏẖarī▫āʼn kẖand livāṛ.
Farid! These pleasures are the poisonous sprouts, coated with sugar.
ਏ = ਇਹ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਦੇ ਪਦਾਰਥ। ਵਿਸੁ = ਜ਼ਹਿਰ। ਖੰਡੁ ਲਿਵਾੜਿ = ਖੰਡ ਨਾਲ ਗਲੇਫ਼ ਕੇ।
ਹੇ ਫਰੀਦ! ਇਹ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਦੇ ਪਦਾਰਥ (ਮਾਨੋ) ਜ਼ਹਿਰ-ਭਰੀਆਂ ਗੰਦਲਾਂ ਹਨ, ਜੋ ਖੰਡ ਨਾਲ ਗਲੇਫ਼ ਰੱਖੀਆਂ ਹਨ।

इकि राहेदे रहि गए इकि राधी गए उजाड़ि ॥३७॥
Ik rāheḏe rėh ga▫e ik rāḏẖī ga▫e ujāṛ. ||37||
Some die sowing sins and some are ruined, reaping and enjoying them.
ਇਕਿ = ਕਈ ਜੀਵ। ਰਾਹੇਦੇ = ਬੀਜਦੇ। ਰਹਿ ਗਏ = ਥੱਕ ਗਏ, ਮੁੱਕ ਗਏ, ਮਰ ਗਏ। ਰਾਧੀ = ਬੀਜੀ ਹੋਈ। ਉਜਾੜਿ = ਉਜਾੜ ਕੇ, ਨਿਖਸਮੀ ਛੱਡ ਕੇ ॥੩੭॥
ਇਹਨਾਂ ਗੰਦਲਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕਈ ਬੀਜਦੇ ਹੀ ਮਰ ਗਏ ਤੇ, ਬੀਜੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ (ਵਿਚੇ ਹੀ) ਛੱਡ ਗਏ ॥੩੭॥
Edited by Ragmaala

Faridkot Wala Teeka:

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਫਰੀਦ ਜੀ ਕਹਿਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਇਹ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਜ਼ੈਹਰ ਕੀਆਂ ਗੰਦਲਾਂ ਹੈਂ ਉਪਰ ਸੇ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਭੂਖਣ ਆਦੀ ਖੰਡ ਕੇ ਸਾਥ (ਲਿਵਾੜ) ਲਪੇਟ ਧਰੀਆਂ ਹੈਂ॥

ਏਕ ਤੌ ਬੀਚ ਤੇ ਹੀ ਰਹਿ ਗਏ ਹੈਂ ਭਾਵ ਮੰਗੇਵਾ ਕਰਤੇ ਹੀ ਤਿਆਗ ਕਰ ਚਲੇ ਗਏ ਹੈਂ ਔਰ ਏਕ ਵਈਰਾਗਵਾਨ ਵਿਵਾਹੀਆਂ ਕੋ ਉਜਾੜ ਕਰਕੇ ਚਲੇ ਗਏ ਹੈਂ ਭਾਵ ਵਿਰਕਤ ਹੂਏ ਹੈਂ॥੩੭॥

Can someone please tell me the English translation of those 3 words? I cant even find it anywhere... is it in SGGSJ?

literal meaning: these poisonous sprouts

The message, acc. to my interpretation, is that indulging in lustful pleasures is like eating poisonous sprouts coated with sugar.

I also have provided other translations from Prof. Sahib Singh & Faridkot Wala Teeka. In my current existential reality I could care less who has more lust, male or female, I just have to worry about myself first.

WJKK WJKF

Edited by Ragmaala

There is scientific evidence available that women are more sensual than men.

http://www.sunny99.com/articles/texas-news-489524/woman-are-more-sensual-than-men-13472823/

Let's give a chance to the op (quote) to reply.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

What does this scientific evidence show??

That women have more neurons and receptors for taste, smell, sound , vision and touch.............But what does this have to do with Lust/Kaam ?

you thinking about erogenous zones ??

It's us men that get attacked by the dhut of kaam with our unexpected risings of genitalia in the early hours of mornings!.

I know that women don't wake up with auto stimulated genitalia every 6am! :P......lol..

Many of us have no idea what you are trying to prove paapiman....

Edited by Lucky

What does this scientific evidence show??

That women have more neurons and receptors for taste, smell, sound , vision and touch.............But what does this have to do with Lust/Kaam ?

you thinking about erogenous zones ??

Bro, I don't think I need to be explicit when I explain certain topics. It is cyber sangat over here. We need to be very careful in what we say here. How can a person enjoy sex without senses?

Many of us have no idea what you are trying to prove paapiman....

How about, we give a chance to the op to reply? Please.........

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Continuing with the topic of this thread, I remember an article which I read it quite a long long time .

Once, when swami Vivekananda went to the States to give some discourses, after the end one of those, a woman came to him attracted by his personality, and told him, that he being such a high being, that she wanted to marry him and get a child like him from him...

Naturally, Vivekananda being a high evolved soul, told her that, there was no gurantee that getting a child from him would ceratinly be spiritually like him in anyway.

But yes, there was another valid option left for her. He said, but if you make me your son, that your wish will be definetely fulfilled ...

From this we can see, how these higher souls handle situations like these above, where an ordinary person can fall prey to lust, but they remain unattached at all times and places...because they are now attached to the divine power within, which purifies the mind to such an extent, that they are above all Maya and her servants (vaasnas, trishnaas...).

Sat Sree Akal