Practical Ways Of Avoiding Lust

19 hours ago, paapiman said:

What do you mean bro? Can you please explain further?

Bhul chuk maaf

That perception needs to change ..meaning

"must avoid places, where plenty of beautiful (and amazing) ladies are around."  is your perception. This is your problem with kaam.

How about if the same kinda "beautiful and amazing lady' comes around seeking help and advice for sikhi to you. How do you react?  you avoid?  

to think that "avoiding places is the answer for controlling kaam, then you've got the wrong understanding and no control over your own kaam.  Someone who had control should freely be able to go to beach, pool, bowling, etc....because in these same places beautiful women will be present. how about the bus? transit? what you gonna do?  

Read some of the other gurmukhs earlier posts carefully and you'll see that it's all about controlling you inner-self and fighting your inner kaam demons when out anywhere in the maya world

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

So when certain females finally get away from their families for a bit (like at uni) they either get manipulated by men, or just go wild. 

Could that be due to sexual repression of young ladies in our community?

What do you think is the solution for it? Don't you think one should be a bit older when they go to uni? Like 19 plus, at least?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 8/8/2021 at 12:19 AM, apna said:

That perception needs to change ..meaning

"must avoid places, where plenty of beautiful (and amazing) ladies are around."  is your perception. This is your problem with kaam.

How about if the same kinda "beautiful and amazing lady' comes around seeking help and advice for sikhi to you. How do you react?  you avoid?  

to think that "avoiding places is the answer for controlling kaam, then you've got the wrong understanding and no control over your own kaam.  Someone who had control should freely be able to go to beach, pool, bowling, etc....because in these same places beautiful women will be present. how about the bus? transit? what you gonna do?  

Read some of the other gurmukhs earlier posts carefully and you'll see that it's all about controlling you inner-self and fighting your inner kaam demons when out anywhere in the maya world

Please watch the video below:

@Soulfinder

Bhul chuk maaf

3 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Starting age bro? Most people are 17 or 18, when they start uni right?

How many years you guys do in High school in the UK? 4 or 5?

Bhul chuk maaf

Let just say someone goes through the system straight, without any resits:

At 16 they get their GCSEs. 

The 2 years A Levels: 

So they'll be at uni at 18. 

Plus I think telling guys to avoid girls (like you seem to be suggesting) does the same thing. The guys become clueless, and don't understand women. Then they look gay.

You might be able to avoid women in India, but in the west you can't, so it's no solution. Plus CP teaches to be conscious and aware of psychology (including female), you need to have experiences for this. 

But I think if you closet people, they can still be infantalised at even age 21, 25. People develop differently too. 

46 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Plus I think telling guys to avoid girls (like you seem to be suggesting) does the same thing. The guys become clueless, and don't understand women. Then they look gay.

Celibate Amritdhari Singhs (who are very serious with regards to their spiritual development) must definitely avoid contact with women (single, divorced, etc) as much as possible. It is not that hard to do so, even in the West. Just talk when required. Otherwise, stay away. Anyways, that would apply to a very small group within the Panth.

In the case of Sukha Maryada and Jhatka Maryda too, they are specific to the Nihang order within the Panth. Again these Maryadas would apply to a small group within the Panth. 

In general, we must not apply very high standards of Rehat to All Amritdhari Sikhs.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Plus I think telling guys to avoid girls (like you seem to be suggesting) does the same thing. The guys become clueless, and don't understand women.

Thinking of the ladies as sisters (in case one has no choice, but to interact with them a lot) will definitely help in interacting with them.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Thinking of the ladies as sisters (in case one has no choice, but to interact with them a lot) will definitely help in interacting with them.

Bhul chuk maaf

When they are trying to seduce you themselves. That's harder to do. Or when they are skanky and disgust you. lol 

4 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

When they are trying to seduce you themselves. That's harder to do.

Daas understands. That's why bro, we should try our best to not get into a situation, where a lady might try to seduce us.

It is even harder to control oneself, if the lady (along with being beautiful) is also a very nice person (good morals and ethics). Imagine, that lady trying to seduce you. Waheguru.

Bhul chuk maaf

8 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Daas understands. That's why bro, we should try our best to not get into a situation, where a lady might try to seduce us.

It is even harder to control oneself, if the lady (along with being beautiful) is also a very nice person (good morals and ethics). Imagine, that lady trying to seduce you. Waheguru.

Bhul chuk maaf

I disagree, I think you have to learn to do this. With time and experience. Then you understand these things, and then you can actually give advice to people (like your own sons in future for example). Otherwise you'll just be someone who has no experience trying to guide someone else who is clueless i.e. blind leading the blind. 

1 minute ago, dalsingh101 said:

Otherwise you'll just be someone who has no experience trying to guide someone else who is clueless i.e. blind leading the blind. 

That's why we have people like you in the Panth bro. Daas will tell his son (if I have one), to go talk to uncle Dal about ladies...lol.

Bhul chuk maaf