Important Decisions In Life

Question  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the statement: Religion, traditions or personal beliefs doesn't give us the right and aren't an excuse for imposing our will on others or for our actions.

• Yes
    • No

Hi,
I'm in a moment in life that I need to make some important decisions that concern me and my family and I want your opinion on something another family member said to me:
"Religion, traditions or personal beliefs doesn't give us the right and aren't an excuse for imposing our will on others or for our actions."
Thanks

Hi,
To give an example:
- you want someone to act a certain way, or dress a certain way or merry a certain person because is your belief or your traditions or religion says is the right thing to do.
But that person isn't a bad person ( respects others, doesn't breake the law ) but doesn't agree with you because religion or tradions aren't a big part in there life and they want to make their own decisions regarding there own life.
Is it ok to accept that persons decision irelevant of my/our families religion, traditions, or beliefs
Thanks

To disregard your own heritage wholesale is a big thing.

The way people who have been robbed of their heritage (i.e. through historical slavery) seek out this 'gap' should tell us a lot.

I'm not advocating blind adherence but being indifferent to your heritage isn't a good thing in my eyes (unless you're descended from groups like Nazis or the Klu Klux Klan)

Edited by dalsingh101