Parts of face begin to vibrate whilst doing simran....???

​Vibrations are a natural process towards good cultivation. ...You see, the smaller microcosmic channels have to first align and open up before the major meridians  and central sukhmana.

It is all the same thing as in Taoism, Buddhist meditation, Tibetan, india yoga....etc.....they call them the meridians,...the chi....the nadis  These processes all lead to the beginning of kundalini awakening before the longer process of it rising will start.

All the microcosmic channels/nadis that are opening and activating will be where 'rom rom'  can be manifest further on.

In gurmat , we don't worry about the visualization or pranayama  techniques because Guruji has given us the gurmantar shabad to take us through all these.

Therefore, it is important to NOT let the vibrations distract you from gurmantar jap. ...If they arise, just acknowledge and continue with jap.

Some people feel them quite a bit in the palms, upper neck and chest areas, ..whereas others don't feel too much at all. ..Everyone is different according to where they are internally aligned and balanced.

I've been told that anything above navel area is good, because it paves the way for sukhmana nadi.

Just continue with jap and the vibrations will just take care of themselves............Personally, I only ever felt a few and just let them subside but the dominant ones have usually been  navel, throat, 3rd eye, and the heat/sweats along the back.

Edited by Lucky

Like sudden jerks to nearly whole body ?.........yes, I had them a few times and my yoga instructor said that it is the undistributed/unbalanced prana energy.

This is why I feel it is important to be maintaining straight posture and be evenly balanced in cross-legged lotus pose and throughout general day.

I have had those too, sudden jerks in different limbs. I haven't had it in full body though.
That's something different. I am talking about vibrations in the whole body.

edit: Make machine gun sounds with your mouth and notice how it vibrates the mouth, the cheeks. Now imagine this happening all over the body, and you also hear the machine gun type sounds in deep pitch, high volume.

I had this dream once where I saw Shri Hari in dark form, awe-inspiring that soon became frightening as I got pulled into this whirlpool below Him. As I get pulled into it I become surrounded by more and more darkness and the above vibration and sounds start happening.

Edited by BhagatSingh

until recently...i used to have vibrations pretty much every few minutes during Simran...mainly exploding from heart area outwards into rest of the body...other times its up the spine, getting higher and higher....recently i have not been getting any at all...

a couple of years ago...during one amrit vela session...the vbrations got more intense....deeper and stronger with each occurrence until it was so overwhelming that i felt like i was shot up into the air with arms and legs outstretched...wave after wave like a train going over me...i could do nothing but surrender to that power...it was the most powerful thing i have ever experienced...the force was imense that i felt i was going to explode into a million particles :) but not in a fearful way

when it subsided, i found i was still sat on the sofa, nice n calm..hands folded...like nothing had happened to me....physically..

nowadays i just enjoy simran so much that i don't care to understand the ins and outs, terms, theories or anything...i just say to waheguru...all is in your hands...you do with me as you please.

god bless

Anyone have whole body vibrations? accompanied by super loud DURRRRRR.... type sound?

Lucky I think I gotta apply what you said to this. It happens rarely but when it does it's super distracting. Leaves me wondering what the hell is going on lol.

​Whole body vibrations are normal... they also happen before out of body experiences. Same with loud noises.... usually described as rushing, pulsing, static sound, like electromagnetic interference or something.  I think both are you just becoming aware of what exists beyond this physical level.  Think of this reality as a radio station, and you are the antenna / receiver.  You are 'tuned' into this reality but when you start to raise your frequency (through simran etc) same as on a radio dial, you will encounter static between 'stations'.  That's the best way I can explain it.  

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

Have you done it by breathing through mouth?

This helps because if prana is way too unbalanced, ...then through the mouth can help offset this.

It has been suggested that you initially start in this manner and then move into the comfortable and steady technique that you find suitable.

Have you done it by breathing through mouth?

This helps because if prana is way too unbalanced, ...then through the mouth can help offset this.

It has been suggested that you initially start in this manner and then move into the comfortable and steady technique that you find suitable.

Breath in and out through the mouth and mental simran ? 

OK I'll try that. 

Breath in and out through the mouth and mental simran ? 

OK I'll try that. 

​try it for a while...

i sometimes start with verbal simran...listening to the sound of the vibration...then eventually i just go into silent simran in my mind...

sometimes with mouth open...othertimes breathing through my nose only and my tongue touching the roof of my mouth...apparently that helps with the energy flow..

most important is to just relax....focus on gurmanter...eventually your simran will just evolve...

​try it for a while...

i sometimes start with verbal simran...listening to the sound of the vibration...then eventually i just go into silent simran in my mind...

sometimes with mouth open...othertimes breathing through my nose only and my tongue touching the roof of my mouth...apparently that helps with the energy flow..

most important is to just relax....focus on gurmanter...eventually your simran will just evolve...

​That's a very good point Chaz.

Touching roof of mouth is what helps complete and initiate the energy cycles from navel upwards and back down again.

I usually go straight into nasal breathing and silent simran....but if the focus is not too good or I'm not getting steady..then  I just step back and start saas saas through mouth breathing.

​try it for a while...

How is this done exactly? You use the tip of your tongue to apply gentle presure to the roof of the mouth?

Edited by Sat1176

How is this done exactly? You use the tip of your tongue to apply gentle presure to the roof of the mouth?

​it's not really a technique...

i mean....i'm actually doing it now (tongue touching roof of mouth) whilst i'm breathing and typing this message sat at my office desk...

it just seems natural and no real effort...no tensing.

close your mouth now....start breathing through your nose... whats your tongue doing when relaxed? is it touching the bottom of your mouth, hovering in between or touching the top? mine just automatically touches and spreads over the top.

thats all that is required....a connection. like lucky ji said, it just completes the circuit so that there is a fully connected path from bottom to top, than back down again..

there musn't be any tension in what you do...relaxation helps the energy flow.

i learn tai chi....same principle...body needs to be firm but completely relaxed...eventually you start to feel the energy flow..

• 7 years later...
Guest Harleen Kaur
On 6/23/2015 at 2:46 AM, BhagatSingh said:

Anyone have whole body vibrations? accompanied by super loud DURRRRRR.... type sound?

Lucky I think I gotta apply what you said to this. It happens rarely but when it does it's super distracting. Leaves me wondering what the hell is going on lol.

This is exactly what i’ve been experiencing. Came across this site while trying to find answers. I hear the loud “DURRR” sound too. The vibrations are so intense sometimes it gets hard for me to continue Waheguru jap. With all the vibrations and sound it almost feels like I am saying Waheguru in extremely slow motion.

3 hours ago, Guest Harleen Kaur said:

This is exactly what i’ve been experiencing. Came across this site while trying to find answers. I hear the loud “DURRR” sound too. The vibrations are so intense sometimes it gets hard for me to continue Waheguru jap. With all the vibrations and sound it almost feels like I am saying Waheguru in extremely slow motion.

Welcome friend. Thank you for sharing. Make a profile and invite all your people. The social media trend is not good informationally for the Paanth. Come participate in this enduring resource.