SIKHISM IS THE NATURAL COMPLETION OF ISLAM AND PREVIOUS RELIGIONS

Amrit Jaswant Singh Vela

Sat Siri Akaal Jee,

I don't know why we cannot claim easily that even if the Holy Qur'an is a miracle of God and is authentic and also we can share the belief of all prophets, peace be upon them all, and also in Muhammad * as the last one we can be in the same time gurmukhs who can live according to teachings of our holy Gurus.

One thing doesn't exclude the other one, it's time to spread universal love, isn't it?

Sikhism is a natural path towards the highest Supreme Being, Wahiguru.

Other thing is how we interpret it, just as in the rest of other dharmas....

The teachings of our Guru Sahibans, of our Bhagats, Gurmukhs are faultless, it is the interpretation of the manmukh moorakhs, which has polluted their teachings and made them reduced to the lowest level of rituals, dogmas, fastings , bathings, pilgrimages and a big list of  all outer activities, when the divinity is within us, and the way is within us as per the bani, but we waste our lives in the Maya, due to our  impurity and poor intelectual level....

So apart from Gurbani/Gurmat, all else is Maya, is koor, is fanaah, give it any name .....past, present or future

Sat Sree Akal.

To OP:

Plus tell any staunch Muslim that his/her religion is somehow incomplete - and Sikhi completes (as implied in the thread title), and see what reaction you get. 

What happens if we have to defend ourselves against a growing fundamentalist element?

That isn't to say that today, they haven't grown because of stupid western foreign policies in Muslim lands. But wake up to the fact that for many practicing Muslims our faith is a 'false' one. 

I don't wish any bad to any community, but to ignore the plain fact that plenty of people would have us strung up and our females raped and sold (just for our faith) is to be childishly naive - let alone dangerous. 

​We have to not confound islam with terrorists, terrorism is the illness of all periods of islam from time of Aurangzeb, I was then speaking not about terrorists but simple islam...

Brother Jaswant Singh,

We have to respect all beings, irrespective of their caste, color or creed. The photograph in your post above, is due to the friendship between them, due to the humanity between them.

That´s it.

Myself I have had muslim friends since childhood, due to neighbourhood, due to studies in school, due to work/business, and we never brought our religion in between, we all respected each others points of views.

I even remember, one day at noon after school, several of us boys(among us 2 were muslims) while coming back home, we decided that we would stop at each boys house and have a bit  of lunch. 

I fondly remember, that when we went to the first muslim boy´s house,  his mother knew, two of us were not muslims, it was obvious, she served us the food which was veg. And so it went, within everybody´s house. No mother complained of how or why, but all were happy to see us and there was no discrimination or a bad  face even.

I do have christian friends also. I do mix up with all as we are all human social beings. at one time or the other, we may have to interact with someone out of one´s community.

Of course, at all places we have good and bad wicked people. But believe it, the teachings of  any Gurmukh, Sant or Darvesh are not bad by themselves, it is the manipulative manmukhta in interpretaing them, which turn men into fanatics, into beasts, into demons.... and the worst thing is, all this crime is done in the name of religion, in the name of god.

Foolish them, my blood boils whenever I see these atrocities commited .

Coming back to the word religion, we must bear in mind, the word religion comes from the latin word religare, which literally means, that which unites us with the Origin.

Now what is that unites us with the Lord?

Is it our prayers?

Is it  by our rituals or fastings?

Is it doing good karmas as giving alms, or anything alike?

is it by bathing in the sacred waters?

Is it by going to pilgrimages?

is it by memorizing the holy scriptures?

You see, the Bani cleary says: Jin Har japeeya, se Har hoeeya.   Prabh ka Simran, sabh tay oochaa.

He who chants/meditate on His Naam, becomes one with Him, the Lord. Means, attaching ourselves, by meditating upon only  that one primal and eternal Truth, known with different words in different dharams/mazabs as : the Word, Kun, Tao, Naam, Shabad, Amrit Bani, Sachee Bani. Different words in different religions/languages, do not change the reality.

For example, we say water, panee, eau, jal, wada, apaa, in different languages, but that changing words, does not change the reality of water of its composition as H2O. Would it not be foolish to think otherwise?

This is Sikhee in simple words. This is universal religion. Because, it unites our souls with our origin, Wahiguru Akal Purukh, without depending on any outer factors. 

Just He, we as souls, and the link: Naam.  As simple as this, this is Gurmat.

And not all the paraphernalia around us, created by us, which is manmukhta or manmat.

And it is to this Sikhee, which our Guru Sahibans have said: Jug chaare Naam outam, Shabad beechar. Means, throughout the four phases/ ages of existence of the creation, only the Naam, the Shabad is permanent, eternal, changeless and Supreme.

And this Naam is Nirankar, there is no way to catch it, to grab it, create it, encage it in lifeless things , however hard we may try,  be it may with any science/technolgy.

But yes, we can manifest it within us using a technique called Naam Simran, that is why the Bani says:

Har mandir ehu sareer hae, gyan ratan pargat hoe.

This human body, irrespective of any caste, class, gender or color, is the real temple, the real Gurdwara, real mosque, real church, where that Wahiguru Akal Purukh, Naam or Shabad can be ever found.

Nobody has ever found Him outside, neither will ever anyone. That is His law. And this law, has to be applied right when we are alive, beacuse otherwise we are chained by our karmas in the wheel of eighty four, and this Naam japna, is the only karnee which is not only above any subh karma, but it is also the only reality,  which dissolves all our karmas, all our bandhans, all our sanskaras, thus makes us free and pure, for our only purpose of coming in the human form, which is to merge our soul consciousness in Him, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

​We have to not confound islam with terrorists, terrorism is the illness of all periods of islam from time of Aurangzeb, I was then speaking not about terrorists but simple islam...​ 

I've grown up around more Muslims than anything else. The vast majority would not like where you are going with this Sikhi is a 'completion' of Islam. And I'm not talking about terrorists.

The nature of orthodox Islam (Sunni) is to differentiate itself from other faiths and project its uniqueness. This is the main thrust of their (very successful) parchaar. What you are doing would be an anathema to them. Plus it looks sad. Like Sikhs ain't got nothing special to offer. 

Sat Siri Akaal Jee,

I don't know why we cannot claim easily that even if the Holy Qur'an is a miracle of God and is authentic and also we can share the belief of all prophets, peace be upon them all, and also in Muhammad * as the last one we can be in the same time gurmukhs who can live according to teachings of our holy Gurus.

One thing doesn't exclude the other one, it's time to spread universal love, isn't it?

​Quran is a good book and Prophet Muhammad was a good man too.

ਕੁਰਾਣੁ ਕਤੇਬ ਦਿਲ ਮਾਹਿ ਕਮਾਹੀ ॥

Practice within your heart the teachings of the Koran and the Bible;

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਹਹੁ ਮਤ ਝੂਠੇ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

We must try to spread universal love. There is no doubt about it.

Islam is a good religion, but the fact is, Gurmat is more advanced than Islam. Like for example, if there are two extremely smart students, one is a high school student and the other is doing phd. It would be imprudent to compare them in terms of their knowledge. But, the phd student should not be making fun/slandering or looking down upon the high school student, as he could not have reached that level, without first completing high school. We need to respect people/holy books according to their level and learn from them.

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

^^^^^ Let's not look like weak lulloos when we do this either...

That kind of fudhooness is what encouraged Pakistanis to target apneean for grooming and prostitution. 

Dhan Dhan Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj in His paviter Bani in Raag Aasaa,

tells us something about the reality of our existence and about that Supreme Power, that Supreme Lord, and which is the only eternal changeless Truth.

This Truth is commonly known as Satnam, which means, that Supreme Power is Naam, and it is Truth or Sat, becuase it is permanent and eternal, it is this power which has created all creations of khands, brahmands and everything seen or unseen.

And that the way to realize Him, is first by His Grace, and then, by applying ourselves sincerely to His devotion.

And this devotion as seen in His words below, is none other than  meditating on Him, through His Naam.

So let us have a look at His sweet ambrosial words:

Sohaaganee seegaar banaa-i-aa gun kaa gal haar.
The happy soul-bride  adorns herself with the necklace of virtue.

In the first line above, He is telling us, that, only that soul is a happy soul bride of Akal Purukh, who adorns herself with the "seengaar" with a very valuable jewel necklace. But it is not not any material necklace, but  the priceless jewel of virtue.

In the next line,  in order to remove our ignorance, He tells us very clearly, which is that virtue jewel  necklace , He says, it is the jewel of reflective meditation, means Naam Simran.

Let us pay real attention, to His words, He as  the embodiment of true wisdom and devotion, does not tell us to do anything else, but rather gives us direct instructions(hukum), that, if you want to look beautiful in the eyes of Wahiguru, and you want Him to shower you with His unbound love,  decorate yourself with His Naam Simran. Because, this is the only jewel by which He gets attracted, no matter how many other activities one may do as per means of devotion, they are all futile in His eyes.

Now let us just ask ourselves, if He, Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj, is the embodiment of Wahiguru, is telling us the type of devotion to do, why do we not do this type devotion seriously? Why do we engage ourselves in other activities, however appealing they may seem us to be?

paraym pirmal tan laavnaa antar ratan veechaar.
She applies the perfume of love to her body, and within her mind is the jewel of reflective meditation.

In the  third line, He again warns us, if we do not attach ourselves with His Naam, we are like worms in the waste, and are the most lower beings. 

bin naavai sabh neech jaat hai bistaa kaa keerhaa ho-ay
Without the Naam, all are low class, like maggots in manure

You see, from His words we can see very clearly that He is saying, that no one born in a particular community, caste, color or creed  becomes superior to others. Without Naam all are low, class without exception.

ha-o ha-o kardee sabh firai bin sabdai ha-o na jaa-ay.
Everyone proclaims, "Me, me!"; but without the Shabad, the ego does not depart

In this fourth line above, He says, as long as we do not merge ourselves in Naam, we remain egoistic and ignorant. Cause we say my religion, my god, my land, my this this, my that is the best ... When the truth is, every one and everything, one day has to decay and get dissolved...

And then what remains?

Naturally, He and His Naam only. So that is why all Gurmukhs, all Bhagats, and Guru sahibans will only tell us to leave all else as koorr aside, and attach ourselves with Naam /Shabad.

Then in the fifth line below, He tells us what is the cosequence if we devote ourselves in Naam Bhakti.

naanak naam ratay tin ha-umai ga-ee sachai rahay samaa-ay.
O Nanak, those who are imbued with the Naam lose their ego; they remain absorbed in the True Lord.

He says here, that, if we do this type of devotion, we shall become free of ego/mind, and thus of desires, trishnas, vaasnas, karmas, and finally we shall remain absorbed in Him, becoming one with Him, such is His majesty.

Thus going through the divine words of Guru jee, we can prosudly say, that Naam japna is the true religion for all beings, becuase it is the only way to merge in him and become one with Him.

Sat Sree Akal.