Islamic Influences in UK

Fateh ji

As people may have heard at some point in the past few years, there are growing Islamic influence on youth in the UK. This is a fast growing problem, and I personally had two emails from Sikh Bibi's asking for help for their friends. The main problem is that fundamentalists are approaching sikh youth and asking them questions which the average sikh of today would have no clue about answering, this in turn brings doubt upon their faith and influences them heavily, sometimes even towards converting to islam. This is mainly happening because of the lack of spiritual awareness and lack of knowledge about sikhism. I have no quams about someone converting to a religion which they feel is right for them as long as they have compared all faiths, but turning to a religion because of ignorance is a sad situation.

This is quite a bad problem and we need to really do something about this,how many more brothers and sisters will we lose to Islam? So in this thread i ask benti from all members to help raise awareness about this, lets stop arguin over what is the 5ft kakar, whether meat is allowed, whether ragmaala is gurbani and all sorts of other "hoo-haa", we spend so much time to argue which side is correct but we forget about the people who we should be helping!!!

OK to the point, i personally have never been approached by a fundamentalist muslim for him to ask me questions and put doubt in my mind, but ive heard of their tactics such as talkin about reincarnation and sayin its false. This is the only question which i know that they have used, if anyone has heard of any other questions or attacks they use then please reply here. This thread will be filtered and put together to create one single article which will raise awareness for youth who will be able to refer back to if any fundamentalists try to question them, also learning and taking something away with them to help combat intolerance.

It goes without saying, this thread is not here to defamate islam, sensible replies and inoffensive questions to make them think about their own practices/beliefs is what we need...

so if everyone could put a small contribution to this thread it could make the world of difference

bhul chuk di maafi

fateh ji

To any Sikh Sister out there who has doubt in her religion, and thinks that she should convert to Islam, please remember your ancestors.They sacrificed their lives but not their Sikhi Sidak (faith).Your ancestors innocent blood was spilt.They were tortured to death.Don't forget your child ancestors.Poor little children were cut from their belly to their neck in front of their beloved mothers.Their bodily organs hung on their mothers body.Why?Because they refused to convert to Islam.They could have converted, and not have to go through such hellish tortures.But the thing is, YOUR ancestors didn't!THEIR BLOOD RUNS THROUGH YOUR VEINS.You owe them that much at least, so stay within the beautiful arms of Sikhi.You owe it to your ancestors.

Any Sikh Sister out there who recognises this, I bow to you dear Sister.Beloved Sister, your Guru is always there for you.Sat Sri Akal.

Sat Sri Akal:

Parchar within the community is needed. You guys get Muslims asking questions, we in the U.S. get Jehovah's Witnesses asking questions. Not really their fault. They are opportunists. It is the lack of a basic Sikh understanding that is needed.

Now, what is needed are ideas to impart that understanding.

P.S. Simply beating people might drive off MORE Sikhs to other religions!

Note : This is not out of any anguish against Muslims.

(1) The Quran was revealed to Mohammad Sahib by an angel called Gabriel (jibraaeel). SGGS came directly from WAHEGURU to our Gurus. No middle man. Gurus were in direct communion with WAHEGURU.

(2) Quran was not written by Mohammad Sahib. i don't know if it was written after him or during his lifetime, but it was not written by him. SGGS was written by Gurus themselves, in their lifetimes. Not after them by someone else.

(3) Mohammad Sahib was not educated, as he could not read/write. Guru Gobind Singh was a scholar of 7 languages, including arabic (sanskrit, gurmukhi, brajbhasha, devanagri, persian, turkish, arabic).

(4) non-muslims are called kafirs, and considered evil. Sikhi loves and respects all irrespective of any manmade differences.

for more --->> http://www.sikhs.org/relig_m.htm

i was raised in the middle east for 18 years of my life, and at the age of 15, i was also terribly brainwashed by one muslim friend of mine. but thanx to Guruji, He blessed me with Sikhi.

ms514 wrote

we in the U.S. get Jehovah's Witnesses asking questions. Not really their fault. They are opportunists. It is the lack of a basic Sikh understanding that is needed.
i know what u r saying ms514 paaji. i m in oklahoma, the bible belt of the USA. these people are an everyday business here. their problem is that they go on and on about their beliefs and dont bother to ask u for once what u believe in, coz they prolly have an idea they'll get a good verbal beating LOL :D. guys we will need a massive educating programmme to teach our youth bout Sikhi. this aint gonna be a piece of cake.

ms514 wrote

Sat Sri Akal:

P.S. Simply beating people might drive off MORE Sikhs to other religions!

truthsingh wrote

True!

i agree...but remember Guru Gobind Singh's words : cun kar az hama hilate dar guzasht halal ast burdan ba shamsher dast : When all other means fail it is proper to take the sword in one’s hand (ZafarNama).

When all other means fail it is proper to take the sword in one’s hand

Just off the topic, we need to learn that sword is allowed to help others and fight against injustice. Its not to take revenge. Thanks!

Keep going guys and I will look forward to see more posts like Rochak.

Gurfateh

I urge all Sikh brothers and especially sisters anywhere in the world who have been challenged by Muslims to post all their questions and doubts here, some learned Gursikhs will then reply to all queries with Vaheguru's grace.

Please, share your doubts, and any questions posed to you! :hearme:

Gurfateh

In my town southall, ders flyers out, but never read dem, cos i don't want peeps tinking i'm muslim. I tink da heading is "Really for Islam IV" i tink. Basically muslims want da UK 2 b a Islamic state. Man i'm sick of it.

I been tried 2 be converted 2 islam by my friend. He said stuff like reincarnations is false. Asked me qustions like, "Do u believe in hell fire?". i didn't realy reply bak. Den he said, "Ders so many cures 4 different disease in da Quran." i don't kno bout dis? Den he started saying dat Muhammed is his profit and da last? If u say dis den peeps dat don't believe in sikhi will be converted. i believe dat God can send as many profits as god wills.

Wen i said wot we believed in, i saw dat he kinda got a bit depressed, mayb cos he want go haven yet. I mean, he means well, hes my friend. But we hav 2 educate peeps.

Der is sum good is Islam. Having common beliefes. Pls remeber these.

1) We don't Idol workship.

2) We believe in da brother/sisterhood of human kind.

3) We believe Gods everywhere, in every 1.

Sat Sri Akal:

Jevoha's Witnesses Solution: Invite them in and have a long talk. You might end up educating THEM (most know nothing about Sikhism, and the few that do are mostly mis-informed).

Gurpreet Kaur Ji had a great suggestion. Post the questions or points here so that they can be responded to.

P.S. Muhammed Sahib was illiterate, but so what? He knew in detail about the contents of the Old and New Testament and commented about the religions in the Qua'ran. So do not equate illiterate with ignorant. It will work against you in a discussion.

Malang Sahib, patience, patience. You can always yell a jakara in front of them to scare them off first :evil:

Taken from hindu website:

A WARNING TO HINDU & SIKH GIRLS!

THE MUSLIMS WON'T REST UNTIL THEY COVERT YOU TO ISLAM!

£10,000 REWARDS ARE BEING GIVEN TO MUSLIM YOUTHS BY ISLAMIC

ORGANIZATIONS IN U.K. TO ANY MUSLIM BOY WHO CAN CONVERT

A HINDU OR SIKH GIRL. THEY ARE ON THE PROWL FOR GULLIBLE

HINDU GIRLS. BEWARE!

BE CAREFUL OF BEING TRAPPED INTO HAVING RELATIONSHIPS WITH

MUSLIMS BOYS IN YOUR SCHOOL AND COLLEGE. THE LOVE THEY

SHOW IS LOVE BASED ON AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE. TO GET YOU TO ACCEPT

ISLAM. HINDU GIRLS HAVE SUFFERED DIRE CONSEQUENCES FROM THESE

MUSLIM MEN WHO PROMISE TO LOVE THEM BUT TREAT THEM LIKE DOGS!

IF YOU MARRY A MUSLIM MAN AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR IDENTITY, YOUR

RELIGION, YOUR CULTURE, THEY WILL STOP YOU FROM MEETING YOUR MOTHER

AND YOUR FATHER AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY BE BARRED FROM MEETING

ANY FAMILY MEMBER. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

BELOW IS A LEAFLET WE PICKED UP FROM A UNIVERSITY IN COLLEGE WHICH

WAS BEING DISTRIBUTED TO MUSLIM YOUTHS.

0.jpg

lolz

sorry

u can luk at YOUR maala silly me.

Sumtimes Muslim or Kaley /muslim (in name) have em hanging on their mirrors by their heads... in the car... that reflect wots behind them... dont ever EVER look at those maala's. Sorry 4 not being specific.

Your maala is obviously safe init... unless ur into black magic ofcourse - well then ur just wasted anyway!!!!!!!

i duno bout "that CD" thing....

teach ur liccle kids not too either cus they usually have bright ones to cath attention... but sum have em to scare ppl away too.... well there u go!!!

I cud tell ya loads of things that they do but id get ripped 4 saying it on here.... just STAY AWAY... and never luk in their eyes either....

Just go on with ur life init...

Dont make it ur life though and get worried or para about the cars that pass ya.....

Just be awware... thats it, and if u do ur nitnem or Paaht that day - then that stuff shud autoatically stay away fro ya anyway!!!

lol - nah i dont believe in non of that stuff - most of the time muslims always give me dirty looks - so i always stare back... :shock: nothings happened yet to me so i guess its all good 8) i aint gonna walk about lookin down and hoping i dont catch the eye of a muslim... aint into those silly superstitions - waheguru da hat sehr te uppar hai :D