Islamic Influences in UK

:LOL: CONGRATULATIONS!!! K4UR PENJI!!!!! WAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Now its my turn :) I am a bit nervous though :?

Many many congratulations.. :respect:

Gurfateh

Ps. What happened to this thread?! Come on people, share your experiences :please:

most of the time muslims always give me dirty looks

cant blame them, most are naturally ugly.

Just for a future note. Some Muslims who wear kurta dont wear underwear. So if your every in a situation, you can pull down his pajama, This way, he need one hand to hide some little things and therfoe only has one hand to fight.

Im not racist, Just stating facts.

cant blame them, most are naturally ugly.

Just for a future note. Some Muslims who wear kurta dont wear underwear. So if your every in a situation, you can pull down his pajama, This way, he need one hand to hide some little things and therfoe only has one hand to fight.

Im not racist, Just stating facts.

Mugermachi you joka... you cracked me up big time :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I had been directed to a Uk SIkh Society at King's College a few year's back, where a number of questions was posed to the Sikh Sangat by a person of the Islamic Faith. Here in Canada, a few years back, I was presented with Similiar questions. I have no quarrell with Good Muslims. But if a Muslims or a person of any other faith believes that that means not respecting the beliefs of others, and using underhanded tackets in doing that. Such as belittling anothers faith, and act as if it you are just curious and mean no offense by it, then I would Challenge the Virtue in your actions.

The following are responses made to this individual, by a Gursikh from Canada. I hope all read the responses. I Learned a Great Deal from it.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji KI Fateh

naambiyasi many many thanks for posting that thread.. learnt allot from it :D much respect to the person who discussed with that ignorant mislead muslim

those are the people who we wish to stop preaching their falsehood

fateh

Anytime Steel Bangle, just glad that I saved that discussion a long time ago and was able to add something of value to this discussion board. I have got no issues with Muslims as such, but I do have problems with people that belittle the traditions of another faith, and coat their comments in sheeps clothing. The Below Link is to that discussion:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=1735

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Punjabi Nationalist

You must be joking.

In Iran even non-Muslim female tourists are "advised" to cover up in public.

You call that respecting other peoples religion.

Also, it wasnt too long ago that Iranian jews were being rounded up and convicted of being Israeli spies just because they were jews, even though all were later found innocent.?

Question.

Why do some of you people even get into religious discussion with Muslim zealots in the first place?

You tell these people that you are a Sikh, your religious beliefs are personal to you, and you're not interested in having this discussion.

Finished.

Guest Javanmard

ask Iranian Sikhs then. I have several Ahl i Haq (they're not Muslims) friends from Iran and they never complained about his religious liberties being not respected. On the contrary other religions are taught in Iranian schools.

The chador is compulsory in public only and it does not infringe on your religious freedom anyway as you can be a SIkh and still wear chador outside your home. Gurdwaras, churches, zoroastrian temples and synagogues are respected .

I never said Iran was perfect but it's by far better than Saudi Arabia or France where you can't wear a hijab or a turban.

ya ali madad

Guest BikramjitSingh

lallesvari

I understand your love for Iran but don't make downright false statements about religious liberty in Iran

From the following link

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2002/13995.htm

The Constitution declares that the "official religion of Iran is Islam and the doctrine followed is that of "Ja’fari (Twelver) Shi’ism." The Government restricts freedom of religion.

There was no change in the status of respect for religious freedom during the period covered by this report. Members of the country's religious minorities--including Baha’is, Jews, Christians, and Sufi Muslims--reported imprisonment, harassment, and intimidation based on their religious beliefs. At least four Baha’is were among those still imprisoned for reasons related to their faith, while eight Jews remained in prison after being convicted in 2000 for cooperating with a hostile government, belonging to an illegal organization, and recruiting members in an illegal organization.

Society is accustomed to the presence of non-Muslim communities, some of which predate Islam. However, government actions create a threatening atmosphere for some religious minorities, especially Baha’is, Jews, and evangelical Christians.

Your remark trying to defend the imposition of chador on non-Muslims is another example of your accommodating attitude to Shias.

What would you say if the Sikhs started to demand that Hindus, Muslims and Christians in Punjab start to wear Turbans when they leave their houses ?. After all having a turban doesn't make you less of a Hindu, Muslim or Christian. It boils down to religious liberty.. something you don't seemed to have grasped yet

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Iran was the original name of the country anyway so...

People in Iran want an Islamic democracy, not a mullah state like they have now, but things will change, Ya ali madad

Oh ok. I thought Persia was the original name but was changed to "Iran" by the Shah in the 1920's.

BTW, i have never heard of Iranian/Persian Sikhs before. I have seen Afghan Sikhs, but i think they were actually descendants of Punjabis who had migrated to Afghanistan around Maharaja Ranjits Singh's time, so not real Afghans if you know what i mean.

Anyway, is Sikh community visible in Iran? Are you Iranain?

Guest Javanmard

I have never said that Iran was an ideal country, it is still going through its revolutionary process, and like in most revolutions mistakes are made. but in general other religions are alowed to exist. Regarding Bahais I agree that the Government's attitude is wrong but then again the Shah was the one who started the persecution. I am not a fan of mullahs at all and I disagree a lot with Ayatullah Khomeini's concept of vilayat -i faqih though his gnostic writings are a real treat for anyone who has read Plato in greek. The question was if there are any islamic country that allowed the practice of other religions, and theoretically and mostly in practice that is the case with Iran though there are cases of abuse by the right wing fringe of the establishment lead by hijatulislam Khamenei (he is not really an ayatullah and in my opinion he was not meant to be Ayatullah Khomeini's successor). But then again you have attacks against other religious minorities in countries like America and France, and let's not talk of Saudi Arabia then. You are right in pointing certain facts but my experience with Iranian SIkhs and Iranians (muslims and non-Muslims) sheds a different light on the facts you point out. Sure there is a vocal minority of people in the government who are real bastards but they don't stand nor for Iran as a country nor for Shia Islam. In Fact Khamenei has been introducing very unpopular Sunni inspired religious reforms which have been rejected by most people. :D