Why Sikhi failed to spread

amardeep

Bro, your point does make little sense, but you might be aware that when Sikhs ruled Punjab, Sikhs were (most likely) less than 15% of the total population of Punjab. The reason was Satguru's kirpa as majority of the Sikhs, during those times, were following the orders of Satguru jee.

Another example - Do you know, that the total population of Jews is less than that of Sikhs? Do you know, how much power they have? 

Therefore, quality is more important that quantity. It is better to have 5 Singhs, compared to 1000 idiots/cowards like me, as 5 lions are more than enough for 1000 sheeps.

Bhul chuk maaf

As I said time has changed  , there are not many places in world where now minority is ruling over majority. India was ruled by handful of muslims. . Han chinese were ruled by Manchu's , and then handful of colonisers were ruling over entire world.

Now look around world blacks have taken over Africa , Hindu' ruling India , Budhists in Mynamar etc

As far jews are concerned they are not ruling directly , much more like conspiracy theory that jews have power. There only 1 nation is world was given by Europeans because of guilt they had in WW2

. And you must be living in your fantasy world to think that Sikhs were  following rehat according to your belief . Bhangi misl got its name because its sardars used bhang. Maharaja ranjit singh's court was full of people who drink Alchohol apart from few strict muslim. Meat and intoxicants were always widespread with sikhs

As I said time has changed  , there are not many places in world where now minority is ruling over majority. India was ruled by handful of muslims. . Han chinese were ruled by Manchu's , and then handful of colonisers were ruling over entire world.

Now look around world blacks have taken over Africa , Hindu' ruling India , Budhists in Mynamar etc

As far jews are concerned they are not ruling directly , much more like conspiracy theory that jews have power. There only 1 nation is world was given by Europeans because of guilt they had in WW2

Where are Sikhs in majority? Only in Punjab, which is under the Indian government.

Where are Sikhs in power? No where on this planet.

From a worldly perspective, Sikhs will never be able to do anything with numbers, as the numbers are very less. Most likely, the numbers will stay low in the future too. 

From a spiritual perspective, focus on quality. Stay united and indulge in immense meditation, so that the Panth has the capacity to take on billions of evil people. Focus on strong prachar, to bring back all the niguray into Sikhi and encourage Sehajdharis to take amrit,

. And you must be living in your fantasy world to think that Sikhs were  following rehat according to your belief . Bhangi misl got its name because its sardars used bhang. Maharaja ranjit singh's court was full of people who drink Alchohol apart from few strict muslim. Meat and intoxicants were always widespread with sikhs

Who has denied that Maharaja Ranjit Singh used to drink alcohol or some Bhangi sardars used bhang?

Bro, we must follow Gurbani, not what some humans did in the past. Even, female infanticide (big sin) is a problem among so-called Sikhs

Bhul chuk maaf

So what is your plan? Sikhs don't even have a single country in the world.

Mr = And if we start to even exclude Punjabi-speaking non-Amritdhari's from the ranks of the wider Sikh Panth then there is absolutely no scope for any country with a predominantly Sikh government.

Sikhs are a tiny minority in India, which is one of the biggest nuclear super powers in the world.

Mr = Agreed Sikhs have deliberately allowed ourselves to be defined via the 1950 Maryada definition as a tiny 1.7% minority in India when we only include all Punjabi sehajdhari brothers and sisters within our ranks for census purposes. Which is self-defeating since we have pushed tens of millions of people into the Hindu fold particularly outside of Punjab between 1950-2015.

Sikh population, including all niguray, is no where close to that of Muslims and Christians.

Mr = Agreed even in India there are eight times as many Muslims as there are Sikhs and that there are more Christians in India than Sikhs too. However, if we included all Kabirpanthi, Ravidassia, Satnami, Dera followers within the Sikh Panth we would become the biggest non-Muslim indigenous community within India. I firmly believe that in this century there can be 100million plus Sikhs who would then have a critical mass that more and more people would be attracted to the truth of Sikhi as knowledge increases in India and worldwide. 

So what is your suggestion, regarding increasing the numbers? Even if the population is increased, minimal power (as a community), will not be sufficient to do anything substantial in the world.

Mr = Well for starters we need to make the Panth more welcoming, more inclusive and less judgemental. We need to stop defining tens of millions of Gurdwara Sangat as non-Sikhs. Instead of looking at Bihari's in Punjab as permanent Hindu's we need to explain where Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj was born, how Guru Sahib created the Khalsa and dedicated their life to fighting for Truth, equality and justice for all and thereby assimilate them into the Panth as new sehajdhari Sikhs. We need to explain to millions of Bihari's in Punjab how we regard Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji as amongst the bravest of the brave. Central to growing the Sikh Panth's population is accepting non-Punjabi sehajdhari's who have respect for Gurbani as Sikhs.

Mr = Instead of allowing 5 or 6 million present day Punjabi-speaking Sikhs of Mazhabi and Ravidassia ancestry to drift towards becoming Hindutva votebanks of the future via Balmiki and Dera Ballan apartheid mandirs, we need to eradicate caste biraderi apartheid within the Panth (via only single unified Sangat Gurdwara's in every pind and locality) and use the example of equality and fraternity in Punjab regardless of background through practical action and achievement in this regard as a beacon to attract hundreds of millions of downtrodden Indians towards the truth of Sikhi. Instead of complaining about Beadbi we need to project Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj into every community and language throughout India, throughout poor parts of Asia and especially throughout Africa. Guru Sahib is Jagat Guru. Sikhi is meant for worldwide humanity and should not be caged within Majha and Malwa (now that Sikhs are already a minority in Doaba).

Mr = Again if we insist upon Amritdhari Rehat for newcomers when 90% of Punjabi Sikhs do not keep kes then we shoot ourselves in the foot. As if the Sikh Panth does not have a larger population with new blood it is doubtful whether a sustained long term increase in Khalsa numbers can occur. Subsequently the Khalsa Panth need to be at the forefront of seva for society and Sarbat da Bhala globally like in the case of Ebola outbreaks, assisting in natural disasters, end human trafficking/child exploitation and Genocide prevention via a modern day Khalsa Fauj working under UN auspices as examples. But first things first if we cannot address the silent often self-inflicted Genocide occurring against the Sikh Panth in Punjab in the form of drugs, alcohol, female infanticide, caste discrimination/matrimonial apartheid, illiteracy, cancer, poverty ... then if we can't help ourselves on a small scale now in these next crucial 6years before the 2021 census we will hardly be in a position to help others as a projected minority in Punjab by 2021.

Mr = Since 1980 we have regressed on most social indices. We need to stop the rot now and include as many people as possible within the Sikh Panth otherwise the consequence will be that Sikhs will comprise a minority of the east Punjab population by the time of the 2021 census. Once that happens the purists who are hellbent upon excluding Sikhs from the Panth and Hindutva forces will jointly raise their champagne glasses to toast that fact.

Most likely, Sikhs will not be able to reach, even 25% of the Muslim population

Mr = True that the Muslim population of India is 8 times bigger than the Sikh population in India currently and that even if we double our numbers we would still only comprise 25% of India's Muslim population. However, the coming age is an age of freedom of information and increased knowledge. I firmly believe if one billion children and one billion adults were to learn more about what Sikhi stands for (equality, truth, justice and compassion via Sarbat da Bhala) in comparison to what Islam espouses (such as support for slavery, support for gender discrimination, support for virgin birth theories, support for terrorism, support for peadophilia and the rape of female slaves) then the overwhelming majority of people on this planet would choose Sikhi as the Truth over Islam. So we shouldn't worry over excessively about our small population in a dejected way (but we cannot afford to ignore it either) and the main focus of our efforts has got to be just doing our best in Chardi Kala and addressing obvious issues that we face as a Panth with common sense answers that Sikhi and Gurmat already provide us.

Bhul chuk maaf

Mr = Brother we are all in this together ragardless of jathebandi, samparda, biraderi,  whether Amritdhari, Kesdhari or Sehajdhari. All of us have got to to do our best to expand the numbers of Sikhs (and address our current silent Genocide which is often self-inflicted) so that with a greater population we are better able to defend ourselves, express our democratic voices and assist others in Punjab, throughout India and globally for seva of Sarbat da Bhala. You yourself brother can be part of the solution.

VJKK VJKF

Edited by mrsingh

(JALANDHAR) :

A straggly beard sprouting from the chin, yellow saafa on the head and a kirpan slung across, Vijay Singh looks every bit a devout Sikh as he greets you with a booming ‘‘Sat Sri Akal.’’

He is from Kangnaghat in Bihar and he is a new convert—one of the scores of Biharis who have converted to Sikhism in the cash-rich NRI belt of Doaba. It’s not just about faith but also about economics—and respect, they say.

[IMG]Thirteen years ago, when Vijay came to Jalandhar as a farm labourer, his only aim was to earn enough to feed his family back in Bihar. Today, sitting in his modest house built on 350 sq yards that he’s bought, he says how he started visiting the Talhan gurdwara in his lonely evenings. ‘‘I can’t put it into words.. sab kuch apna lagne laga,’’ says Vijay who speaks fluent Punjabi.

But the thought of conversion had never occurred to him until one day in the summer of 2003 when during a dispute over at his Gurdwara, he found himself being turned out of the langar hall by policemen who called him an outsider.

‘‘I was shocked, for the village community and the priest used to treat me and my family as their own.’’ Fifteen days later, Vijay went to Anandpur Sahib, the birthplace of the Khalsa, with his wife and three sons, and got baptised.

He admits the news did take his relatives back home by surprise, but his father was a big support. ‘‘When I returned to my village, he told me how Guru Gobind Singh, the founder of Sikhism, was also born at Patna, and it was OK.’’

At its surrounding villages like Giljian, Jamsher, Randhawa Masanda, Bolina, Nagal Shama, etc, there are a number of ‘Bihari’ Sikhs. In the village alone, there are a number of ‘Bihari’ Sikhs with at least 10 newly converted families.

President of Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), when contacted, said these conversions are purely voluntary. ‘‘Not in a single case have the gurdwara authorities tried to influence these people. But I am glad more and more are gravitating towards the teachings of the gurus.’’

Ajay, now Ajay Singh, from Bihar, agrees. ‘‘I was never told by the people at the gurdwara to change my religion though I used to hang around a lot with them. I did it because I wanted to be like everyone here.’’ Though clean-shaven Sikhs are quite the norm in Doaba, the hub of non-resident Indians, these workers seem to prefer the turban.

Take Mangal Singh, earlier Mangal Sahu, of Giljian village. Hailing from a village near Patna, he’s grown his hair and ties a turban, without getting baptised. ‘‘So what,’’ he asks you. ‘‘I’ve been looking after the land and property of an NRI Sikh family in this village for almost two decades now. I feel I have also become a sardar.’’ The turban has brought Rajinder Singh the respect he’d always craved. ‘‘I used to hate it when people called me a bhaiya,’’ he frowns, telling you how he is more at peace with his ‘Sardarji’ status. Vijay agrees. ‘‘Pehle lok sanu Bihari Bhaiya kehnde see par hun sanu Giani ji te Khalsa Ji kehnde ne (Earlier people used to call us Bihari Bhiaya but now they call us Giani Ji or Khalsa Ji’’).

Old news, there are loads of converts in Madhya Pradesh and Bihar, UP. To the extent that BJP once demanded a ban on dalits converting to other religions citing conversion to Sikhi. Same thing happened in Pakistan where Hindu fundamentalist have created a divide between Sikhs and Hindus because of the latter embracing Sikhi en masse (by taking amrit, not sehajdhari form anymore)

Edited by SikhKhoj

Since amardeepu likes such news, I have a collection on my USB:

Over 200 Dalits Convert to Sikhism in MP

NDTV correspondent reported last May from Guna, Madhya Pradesh

In Madhya Pradesh’s Guna and Vidishia district more than two hundred Dalits have converted to

Sikhism in order to free themselves of discrimination by the upper castes - a tradition that has

been prevalent for years. Though this has not yet led to a change of mindset, more Dalits look all

set to convert to Sikhism. 80 year old Dangal Rai is now Dangal Singh. All his life, he says, he

has suffered discrimination from upper castes Hindus and has now decided to convert to

Sikhism.

We were not allowed to enter the temples and were shunned by everybody, said Dangal Singh.

The village of Deomari is VIP constituency in every sense of the word. It is part of Jyotiraditya

Scindia’s parliamentary constituency and also part of the Raghogarh assembly constituency

represented by Chief minister Digvijay Singh. But here, too, Dalits have been traditionally

discriminated against and four families in this alone have converted to Sikhism. Many of the

villagers say their first introduction to the religion came when migrant labour from the village

went to Punjab.Conversions have since been reported from 11 villages in Guna district and four villages in

Vidisha district. In January 2002 alone 42 people converted. In March at least 200 people

converted, said Giani Bhajan Singh, Guru Singh Sabha, Guna. (MP)

Dalits here are still learning to tie the turban and the basics of their new religion but the outward

changes have yet to bring a change of the mindset through which others see them. Even today,

after conversions, we still have problems. We are still shunned and humiliated. said Nishan

Singh. Pracharaks have yet to instil the heroic spirit of Sikhism.

[Courtesy Sarbhpreet Singh]

The Dalit tag still sticks despite converting to Sikhism

By Imran Khan, Patna, June 9 : It is a centuries-old ignominy they wanted to escape by converting to Sikhism in Punjab and found new respect there. But back home in Bihar, the tag of Dalit refused to leave them.

Many Dalit labourers who migrated to Punjab for work years ago and converted toduring their stay there are upset that they are still being categorised as Scheduled Caste in government records after they returned to their native villages in Bihar.

Sanjay Singh, who converted to Sikhism during his years-long stay in Punjab and sports a colourful turban and a long beard, says local and district administration officials in Bihar are not ready to accept him as a Sikh.
Guru the founder of Sikhism, preached against discrimination and prejudices on the basis of caste, class and status.
Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-talk/25333-dalit-tag-still-sticks-despite-converting.html

"The government officials are still treating us as Rishideo of the Musahar caste (the poorest Dalit community known as rat eaters), not as Sikhs, despite our efforts to convince them," Singh told IANS, adding that he was yet to be termed a Sikh in the government records despite repeated requests.

Singh said that about two decades ago his close relative Naren Rishideo left for Punjab to earn a livelihood and converted to the Sikh religion, becoming Naren Singh. His example was followed by most of those of his caste men working there.

"We tasted dignity, respect and equality after we converted. Before that, we were treated as low caste, sometimes even inferior to animals, by the upper caste and backward caste people in the village," Sanjay Singh said.

He said most of the women members of their families have now started using the Kaur surname.

Rup Singh and Manish Singh, who also converted to Sikhism, are no longer keen to be known as Rishideos and want that they should be treated as Sikhs in government records.

"We changed our religion to get rid of the stigma of untouchablity and to live a life with pride. We were happy to return to our village. Local people, barring a few, accepted us as Sikh, but in the government records and caste certificates we have the same old Dalit tag," Rup Singh told IANS.

Soon after they returned to their village Halhalia in Araria district, nearly 400 km from Patna, they were shocked to learn that despite the change of religion they would have to fight another battle to upgrade their social status in official records.

"All the Dalits who converted to the Sikh religion are still Dalits in the caste certificate and we are being denied the status of the Sikhs," Rup Singh said.

Manish Singh, another convert, says that they are no longer Dalits after embracing the Sikh religion and they should instead be treated as minorities as Sikhs are a minority community in the country.

A large number of migrant labourers from Bihar who converted to Sikhism in Punjab and stayed back there hardly face any identity problem, but the converts who returned to their native villages in Bihar are facing a different discrimination, Manish Singh said.

Araria district magistrate Anjani Kumar Verma, when asked about the problem, told IANS over telephone that he was not aware of the matter.

"So far no such complaint has come to my notice. If there is anything like it, the district administration will do justice with them," Verma said.

Over 200 Dalit villagers of half a dozen villages including Kamta Balia, Gurumuhi, and Parmanpur under the Khwaspur panchayat (village council) have already converted to Sikhism. They have set up a gurdwara with support of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC), while some Sikhs from New
Delhi are helping them to maintain it.
Reference:: Sikh Philosophy Network
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/showthread.php?t=25333

--- IANS

A VILLAGE OF AMRITDHARIS (this time Punjab)

PANTHIC.ORG  | Published on December 12, 2007

Amritdhari Residents of the Chabrewal Village

Rupnagar, Nurpur Bedi (KP) -  Recently, a local Punjabi newspaper published an inspiring article about a particular Punjab village in the foothills of the Shivaliks that has rapidly accepting the Sikhi way of live, en masse - a trend that is opposite of what is happening in rest of Punjab.  Perhaps this unique village can inspire others accross Punjab to return to their Sikhi roots.

Village Chabrewal is a small village in Nurper Bedi situated in the hills of Shivalik.  Because of its small size, this village goes unnoticed by the rest of the world and it enjoys a simple lifestyle--remaining aloof from worldly facilities and luxuries.  During one time, this village, which is mostly populated with the people of the Gujjar clan, was known for its people’s smoking and drinking habits--but now, it has been completely transformed by conversions of people who have chosen to adopt the Sikh faith.  Amritdhari men and women can be spotted easily upon entering the village.

The population of this village remains scarce, at about 250, but Mela Ram has now become Mela Singh, Jog Raj has now become Jog Raj Singh and Dolat Ram has now become Dolat Singh.  At least one member of every family has taken up the Sikh way of life by adopting the path shown by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

According to Jog Raj Singh, the Chief of this Village, Sikh influence was brought here by a person named Mela Ram.  Mela Ram, Son of Babu Ram, was the first person to be baptized into the Khalsa Panth. Afterwards, he inspired many others as well.  Not only have the ordinary villagers taken up the Sikh way of life, many of the village’s amritdharis are eminent public figures.

Prof. Jaswinder Singh who teaches religious studies at the Kalgidhar Kanea School Kahnpur Khuhi said that Baba Dalip Singh Samirowal and Baba Gurcharan Singh, who performed seva of a historical shrine relating to the life of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, played a big role in nurturing Sikhi in this village.   In addition, Sikh Missionary College (Anandpur Sahib), Baba Channan Singh Suara and Principal Prem Singh Heerpur have continued to hold Gurmat related classes for the people which have helped many people.  Jaswinder Singh said that 1999 was a crucial year for the village as during this year, a large number of people became attached to bani and bana.

This area of the Shivalik Hills has been blessed with ‘charan-choh’ (presence and touch of the Holy Lotus feet) of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.  At Gurdwara Kataar Sahib, Guru Gobind Singh Ji blessed the father of Baba Sangat Singh Ji with a kataar.  Seva of this Gurdwara Sahib was organized by Baba Labh Singh Ji who handed the control of this shrine to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.  Sikh Sangat visits this historical shrine in big numbers during the annual nangar kirtan and on special monthly programs.

(Original story appeared in the Punjabi version of Ajit)

RECENT NEWS of Madhya Pradesh:

guna converts.jpg

Edited by SikhKhoj

Cheers man. Delighted to read.
A local uncle told me that many of the Bihari workers in Punjab have also started to convert to Sikhi and take up jobs in the Gurdwaras. Though he says many of them merely see it as a job, their kids are raised as keshdhari Sikhs attending Gurdwara and learning Gurmukhi etc.

Last year when I was in India my cousin drove me around on a scooter showing me the beautiful Punjab villages on the road side.. At one time we passed a village and he pointed at it saying that only a decade ago it was a hindu village, but now the people had turned to Sikhi. That was quite interesting to see shifts in religion at local levels.

Edited by amardeep

Last year when I was in India my cousin drove me around on a scooter showing me the beautiful Punjab villages on the road side.. At one time we passed a village and he pointed at it saying that only a decade ago it was a hindu village, but now the people had turned to Sikhi. That was quite interesting to see shifts in religion at local levels.

Great news bro.

The first target of Sikh preachers should be Hindus, as it would be relatively easier to convert Hindus, compared to people who follow the middle eastern religions.

Bhul chuk maaf

I dont know about Mazhabis, traditionally they have always voted between Akalis and Congress, but the Ravidassias or chamars do not return themselves as Sikhs, They have a separate classification called  "ad dharm" which is recognised as a religion. So the official number of Sikhs would not decrease because of the chamars being alienated from the Sikhs.

From my own interaction with them, they are happy to be classed as Sikhs even though they run religious services along Sikh lines.

I can't see this being feasible.

Even the muslims with their wanton genocides against the hindus and forceful conversion tactics only resulted in 25% of indias population after 800 years.

Another reason is that the Udasis and Nirmale samprdayes never had the numbers of the Dal Panth, so their parchar was achieving what? Compare that to the Dal Panth activities whereby they were repleting the Dal each and every year but also growing stronger, eventually to rule sizeable tracts of land.

If there were a good number of Sikhs in the other states, wouldn't they have been inclined to take control in their respective states following the example of the Dal? Or even come to Panjab to join the Misls?

I have heard of Kabuli Sikh but never Singhs or mughali or baluchi singhs. where did you read this?

The vast majority of the scheduled castes (83%)  in Punjab either belong to the Chamar or Chuhra castes. Chamar are also listed as Ad Dharmis. Whereas Chuhras are listed as either Balmikis or Mazhabis.

Ad Dharmis are not classed as a separate religion or even as a Hindu sect but as a caste and hence Adharmis can either report their religion as Hindu, Sikh or Buddhist as a scheduled caste person can only belong to these three religions.

Of 1,045,126 Ad Dhamis in Punjab in 2001, 882,738 (85%) returned their religion as Hindu and 133,114 (13%) were Sikhs. Although I don't have the numbers according to district but Ad Dharmis are a Doaba phenomenon and hardly found in Majha or Malwa. Chamars in Doaba tend to list themselves as Ad Dharmis in Doaba and just as Chamars in the rest of Punjab. Of 1,839,082 Chamars in Punjab, 1,309,377 (71%) were Sikhs and 526,863 (29%) were Hindus.  Chamars who are not from Doaba tend to Sikhs rather than Hindus.

The Chuhras who are listed as Balmikis are another phenomenon of Doaba althought Balmikis are also found in all the large cities of Punjab as well. Of 785,464 Balmikis in Punjab, 559,617 (71%)  were reported as Hindus and 223,885 (29%)  were Sikhs.  Of the 2,220, 945 Mazhabis, 2,188,429 (98.5%) were Sikhs and 32,329 (1.5%) were Hindus.

Edited by N30 S!NGH
removed white space

And Sikhi will not grow in numbers if we do not accept Sahajdharis as an inseperable part of our nation.

They have to want to be part of the Panth as well. If the Khalsa or mainstream Sikhs are wanting more rights for Sikhs/Panjab in India, or Khalistan, are the Sehajdharis going to support this being a mix of Hindus/Sikhs?

Therefore, quality is more important that quantity. It is better to have 5 Singhs, compared to 1000 idiots/cowards like me, as 5 lions are more than enough for 1000 sheeps.

I was hoping that Sikhs would have got over this kind of thinking. Like it or not the indian state is too strong militarily, we can't beat them in armed confrontation, as per your 5 lions 1000 sheep thinking. The mentality should be numbers. 5 lions can never outvote 1000 sheep, or 6 sheep for that matter, and that is why we will always have the disadvantage. Its the main reason we lost our western-Panjab Sikh heritage to Pakistan in 1947.

Remember that 5 lions can be ruled by 6 sheep.

How many times have I heard jatts use the term "bihari bhaiya" in a derogatory term.

one thing i have heard from many Sikhs, not caste specific, is the number of Biharis coming to Panjab for a better life and detesting any improvement/progress made by them, when the Sikhs have done the same thing coming to the West.

I was hoping that Sikhs would have got over this kind of thinking. Like it or not the indian state is too strong militarily, we can't beat them in armed confrontation, as per your 5 lions 1000 sheep thinking. The mentality should be numbers. 5 lions can never outvote 1000 sheep, or 6 sheep for that matter, and that is why we will always have the disadvantage. Its the main reason we lost our western-Panjab Sikh heritage to Pakistan in 1947.

Remember that 5 lions can be ruled by 6 sheep.

Where are Sikhs in majority? Only in Punjab, which is under the Indian government.

From a worldly perspective, Sikhs will never be able to do anything with numbers, as the numbers are very less. Most likely, the numbers will stay low in the future too. The situation is hopeless.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

And Sikhi will not grow in numbers if we do not accept Sahajdharis as an inseperable part of our nation.

Bhai Nabha says in his Mahan Kosh:

"There are lots of sahajdharis in Punjab and Sind. Sahajdharis especially those of Sind are very affectionate and devoted. Singhs, who look down upon them, are ignorant of the tenets of Sikhism"

I was in touch with a Sikh from Sindh in Pakistan. He was originally a hindu who took amrit at Nankana Sahib mela one year. His house was destroyed by (high-caste) Hindus in Sindh after he returned there. And take into account their treatment of Guru Granth Sahib that has made news recently.

Paapi Ji, Sikhs never recognise terms such as "hopeless" in relation to our Panth.

In the new internet age, it is the big religions which will see their followings evaporate the most as knowledge of their lies spreads.

Ask yourself if every child and young adult in the world could freely choose between Hinduism, Islam, Christianity & Sikhi what would they likely choose (if Amritdhari Maryada was not obligatory upon them)?

From a worldly perspective, Sikhs will never be able to do anything with numbers, as the numbers are very less. Most likely, the numbers will stay low in the future too. The situation is hopeless.

But this situation is STILL more better prospect than your 5 lions 1000 sheep rule.

I was in touch with a Sikh from Sindh in Pakistan. He was originally a hindu who took amrit at Nankana Sahib mela one year. His house was destroyed by (high-caste) Hindus in Sindh after he returned there. And take into account their treatment of Guru Granth Sahib that has made news recently.

Was it Jagjit Singh? We sent some money years back, sadly our project did not take off.

Paapi Ji, Sikhs never recognise terms such as "hopeless" in relation to our Panth.

In the new internet age, it is the big religions which will see their followings evaporate the most as knowledge of their lies spreads.

Ask yourself if every child and young adult in the world could freely choose between Hinduism, Islam, Christianity & Sikhi what would they likely choose (if Amritdhari Maryada was not obligatory upon them)?

Read the post again. It mentions - "worldly perspective".

Then how come Islam is spreading in the world? Correct me if Daas is wrong, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

LONDON: The number of Britons choosing to become Muslims has nearly doubled in the past decade, according to a study by an inter-faith think tank.

Unquote [1]

[1] - http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/13571-converts-to-islam-double-in-britain-says-study/#comment-119341

Bhul chuk maaf

But this situation is STILL more better prospect than your 5 lions 1000 sheep rule.

Do you know the percentage of Sikhs, compared to world population? Sikhs are not even 1% of world's population.

From a worldly perspective, our community has no chance to come into power and most likely, our numbers will stay low.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman