Dhan Dhan Dhan Sri Maan Hazrat Mohammed Ji Maharaj (July 9).

thank you ji,

i think it is entirely based on one's worldly outlook based on inner spiritual avashta, and the following sakhi is indicative of such example: 

"With the conclusion of evening program at 11:30 PM, Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj went to bhora sahib, and also instructed kirtani jatha to rest until the next Amritvela program. As every body in the kirtan jatha was asleep, Baba Ji’s sevadar abruptly woke the kirtani jatha members, and told them to come back quickly as Baba Ji wants them to do kirtan. 

Everyone puzzled and still sleepy, came back. They requested Baba Ji that it is early than the scheduled time, and also they have not taken bath. Usually jatha members are required to take bath before they start program. Baba Ji said do not worry just undertake five ablutions, and start Dhan Guru Nanak Tuhi Nirankar. The Jatha read the dhaarna from 1:00 to 2.30 AM. Then Baba Ji told them to go back. Jatha members could not comprehend the exact reason for this abrupt kirtan but had a sense that something must have happened. No body asked anything about the mystery.

Next day in the diwan, the question relating to the last night occurrence came up. Baba Ji smiled and said that last night Hazrat Mohammed Sahib Ji came with his quawali jatha, first they did the kirtan. Then Hazrat Mohammed highly praised the Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankar dhaarna, and liked to have his kirtani jatha to do the same, and hence unfolded the mystery. "

Let me post another sakhi from the jeevan of Sant Baba Ishar Singh Ji Nanaksar Kaleran.

Once a famous raagi singh brought a book  to Baba Ishar Singh Ji. Baba Ji asked what it was. Ragi replied this is the granth of Muhammad Sahb.

Baba Ji replied smilingly , " Take this granth away from us, we only read the Granth of One at whose door millions Muhammad bow down. Ragi Singh, beware! do not read these granths, if at your last moment your surti stays with it, you will have to be born in a muslim family & get circumcised,  baba Ji said jokingly.

So my point, it as all well and good, to see other prophets as spiritual beings with the message of truth & God, but there is no need to start putting them on a pedestal. As Sikhs we only worship Guru Nanak, and just acknowledge the other prophets.

With Prophet Muhammad, the basic feeeling I have gotten is that yes he was a Prophet, but he was incomplete. I wouldnt call him a Brahmgyani. Otherwise Guru Nanak would not have to come.

I do not understand what is the need for putting Dhan X 3, lol , 

I have never seen Dhan used more than twice when used with the name of Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj!

​If one gives extra respect to someone (for example calling Bhagat Ravidas jee Maharaaj as Satguru), it will be accepted in the court of lord, but if one disrespects a spiritual personality in anyway, he is in for some trouble.

Having said that, the most respect must be given to Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib jee Maharaaj.

Dhan Guru Nanak .... tu heen nirankaar

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

I agree that no one should be disrespected at all esp a spiritual personality. Everyone should be respected. But before going out of the way, we should be focusing on our own Gurus and Bhagats first.

Even the mahapurakhs are of different level. Bhagat Ravidas Ji is sitting in Guru Granth Sahib, calling Him Satguru is appropriate. But if you keep calling Mohammed Satguru , what will you make of that ?  How come we don't have any bani of Prophet Mohammed ?

My point is Respect is not a free commodity that it should be distributed freely, prioritize, don't just be a nice guy to appease others. 

And as per Baba Ishar Singh Jis bachan, our main focus should be on Guru Nanak, we dont want our surti during last breaths to latch onto something where we dont want to go.

​Just scanning through that front page: whatever it is, it clearly does appear to be a Sikh manuscript. 

It seems to be talking about the different yugs in the first few pages.

I think it is a Punjabi translation of the seerah (biography) of the Prophet as well as a compendium of his sayings and sermons. Large parts of it is written in prose which means its an early example of Punjabi prose which can be used to do comparative analysis of other prose texts suspected of being from the same century.

thanks all, answer basically remains the, one's inner spiritual avastha and comprehension of Reality determine his/her out-worldly outlook, based on gnosis not intellectual understanding (maya). still i appreciate everybody's view, here is nothing right or wrong, it is question of how far, high, and deep one takes devotion and love for Akaal Purakh and his numerous relative forms.

My point is Respect is not a free commodity that it should be distributed freely, prioritize, don't just be a nice guy to appease others. 

​Good point above bro, but if it is in one's nature to give extra respect to spiritual personalities, then it should be fine. It is many times better than doing slandar (ninda) or talking negatively about people.

Bhul chuk maaf

I think it is a Punjabi translation of the seerah (biography) of the Prophet as well as a compendium of his sayings and sermons. Large parts of it is written in prose which means its an early example of Punjabi prose which can be used to do comparative analysis of other prose texts suspected of being from the same century.

​It refers to 'Thakur ji' a lot and quotes them:

ਤਬ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਜੀ ਕਹਿਆ

I wonder if this Thakur is supposed to be the prophet Mohammad?

Could be. The Sikh translations of Islamic scripture is very interesting.to study.

For instance, the 18th century Sikh translation of the 12th century Sufi treatise Kimi-ye-sada by Imam Muhammad Al Ghazali is a "loose translation" as it does'nt refer directly to the Prophet Muhammad or Quran when these occour in the original Persian text. Whenever the original author quotes the prophet or a Quranic verse, the Punjabi translation goes ”Sayin ne kiha hai” or  ”Sant janhu ka bachan hai” instead of "Allah ne" or "Hazrat Muhammad ne".... Most probably shows that the Sikh authors felt themselves in a bit of a awkward situation when they were translating Muslim writings while the Khalsa was waging war against Muslim governments.

The arabic terms are translated directly and indirectly: roza as vart, zakat as dhan, namaz as bhajan, Satan as Maya etc.

Edited by amardeep