Rehat, amrit vela, rec5 banis and MUCH MORE (CLICK ME)

jjj

yeh i heard that story. its jus a case of getting into a routine/rhythmn...

when u do all ur paath tho......like the full 2hrs (japji jap swaiyyas chopai full anand).....do u get propa spiritual feeling all the way thru?

I dont know, never felt that way, but when I do it properly then I do feel that the mind gets intuned with God or like you are communing with God, Nitnem and rading banis really helpful. I mean you have to recite it with full attention, you get real good benefit.

I think the key is to take it slowly, I used to be paranoid about when to wake up and worried all the time, it didn't help me while I was doing Nitnem as I was constantly glancing at the clock all the time. Just do your best, and never stop trying to do better, I am sure Guru Ji will be aware of how much effort you put in, and bless us with keeping proper rehat.

When I do the 5 Banis, my mind wanders sometimes, about what I have planned for the day, what to do for tomorow etc. Lately I have tried to be more alert, and so I can concentrate better.

However, during those times of concentration on Guru Ji I feel so much love and a kind of sadness, sometimes I feel tears welling up in my eyes, at other times just a simple feeling of longing, that's the best way I can explain it :?

KS just take it slowly and don't give up, and remember to stay alert! Hope you take Amrit soon :D

Gurfateh

i personally do my nitnems and everything uchi uchi out loud lol... and i like to sing along... emphasise each pauri and ur mind will wonder less trust me - good way to start is to jap along with a tape/cd etc

another thing is to either get a translation or begin to learn wat each pauri means.. that way your concentration increases more cos u understand everything properly

it is hard to jump from nothing straight into hours of simran and nitnem... but if ur mind is in it and you have the urge to improve urself then it will happen for u no doubt

naam and nitnem is first - everything else comes second... :D

KS just take it slowly and don't give up, and remember to stay alert! Hope you take Amrit soon

KS, you havent taken amrit yet? Well just to add it is very difficult to the keep rehat until you take amrit, before amrit I was not able to do the 5 banis, after the rehat I can do it in a much better way, there is hell of a difference, by the way I missed my rehraas today .. :evil: