Ate meat by accident

Harjots8963

What happened in th Sakhi is that a Singh got captured by Mughals and they circumcised him, cut his hair, fed him halal meat(not jhatka) and did Muslim rites on that Singh. When the Singh was freed he came to maharaj Ji and told maharaj Ji the whole ordeal. Maharaj Ji asked if he had sexual intercourse with a Muslim woman and the Singh said no. Maharaj Ji said that you are still a sikh of maharaj Ji. This is the gist of this Sakhi. 

FYI scholars like dally, chatanga or Amardeep might know and my translations might be wrong.

So many lessons from this Sakhi

- if you have sex with a muslim woman, you are screwed forever...there is no comeback. however relation with any other faith woman has a potential to be forgiven

- SInghs asked Guru ji that since muslims war rape hindu women, they should also do the same to muslim women ? Guru ji replied Muhammads religion is a religion of Bhoot, I dont know what is meant by that, however Khalsa is way higher in their character.

^ rough translation of above.

I don't think Guru Maharaj means that, sexual relations with any women except wife means the same thing, religion is not an issue. What I think it means is, ejacualtion in sex means you are willingly doing it even for a moment. I think that is the jist here.

Bro, there is a specific bachan of Maharaaj, in relation to sex with a Muslim women. A Sikh will not be forgiven, if he commits adultery with a Muslim woman.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro, there is a specific bachan of Maharaaj, in relation to sex with a Muslim women. A Sikh will not be forgiven, if he commits adultery with a Muslim woman.

Bhul chuk maaf

Could you point me, where it is mentioned. Give the context.

What I think is that kurehits are based on controlling the five vices, 

like eating meat comes under the vice labh(desire to eat), sexual relations comes under the vice kaam, keeping hair means walk in bhaana (in sync with nature). Tobacco ruins health. like that.

Edited by ibrute

Read lines 4-8, pg 112, in scanned pages above.

"...Hindu will stay away from Turkani. Consider him saved. Those who repent after bhoging other woman and repent after, or get forgiven from Guru Sikhs, consider them forgiven.Those who Bhog Musalmani is a pakka muslim, he will never be forgiven..."

I only translated what I read..I dont have knowledge of mine.

Edited by Ragmaala

Seems like circumstantial/scolding bachan of maharaj should not be taken literally not to justify actions now but for understanding purposes only -as a) its based on those times where turk would send female turkhni to seduce singhs/brainwash hypnotize singhs with its beauty/at times even kill singhs during bhog b) it should also taken as scolding of maharaj same way biological parent would scold their children.

Yes, I read it too, but could not wrap my thinking around it, I mean why it is said? Could not come up with an explanation. 

Maharaaj said this, in order to protect Muslim women in the future. Satguru jee knew that Sikhs would rule areas, where large number of Muslims will be their subject. This strict verdict/fear created by Maharaaj, would prevent Sikh soldiers from molesting any Muslim women. 

Correct me, if wrong -- A Sikh had made a remark to Satguru jee that they will take Muslim women as war booty, once they rule. Maharaaj had rebuked them.

In addition, the below two points also make sense.

a) its based on those times where turk would send female turkhni to seduce singhs/brainwash hypnotize singhs with its beauty/at times even kill singhs during bhog

b) it should also taken as scolding of maharaj same way biological parent would scold their children.

Bhul chuk maaf

- SInghs asked Guru ji that since muslims war rape hindu women, they should also do the same to muslim women ? Guru ji replied Muhammads religion is a religion of Bhoot, I dont know what is meant by that, however Khalsa is way higher in their character.

Very hard to believe that Satguru jee would utter such a statement. Possible tampering of a historical account.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

In older pakistan, Sikhs would not eat at all from the house of Muslims. And Muslims knew that, and respected it very well.

During partition, Sikhs killed their own daughters & sisters, getting raped by a Muslim, polluting the genetic line was not an option at all.

Source : anecdotal info from pre 1947 grandmother & relatives.

I feel that There is some hidden knowledge about genetical & food associating with Muslim families, not in a negative way, but rather preventing the Sikh man or woman born into a muslim family through account of Karma.  Once Baba Ishar Singh Ji told a famous ragi to stop reading too many granths of Muhammad, because at last moment if your surti latches to thought of Islam, you will be born there & have to get circumcised.

Even Baba Nand Singh Ji scolded devotees who would show too much attention to Nankana Sahib...Baba Ji said dont make too many furnes, you will be born into pakistan and who knows even into a muslim family.

Thus, my interpretation is that being born into a Muslim family even after being a Sikh is A HUGE DOWNGRADE in spirituality, thus too many thoughts are forbidden by Mahapurush, and bhog is forbidden by Guru Ji, and normal people prohibited associating through food.

Thus, my interpretation is that being born into a Muslim family even after being a Sikh is A HUGE DOWNGRADE in spirituality, thus too many thoughts are forbidden by Mahapurush, and bhog is forbidden by Guru Ji, and normal people prohibited associating through food.

You are right bro, with regards to the downgrade. Born in any non-Sikh family, after being a Sikh, is a downgrade.

Paaji, isn't there a bachan by Srimaan Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Maharaaj that a spiritually high Muslim become a Hindu in his next lie and then a spiritually high Hindu become a Sikh?-- something like that. Jews and Christians are not even in the picture.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman