Insomnia......

dalsingh101

16 minutes ago, sarabatam said:

Doctor just gives you sleeping pill. I will try again today slow gurbani audio helps.

True thats all they can give are sleepimg pills and sedativies to help sleep. Its really good that you have used gurbani to help it.Have you looked into sleep hygiene as they offer helps and tips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Paapiman
On 1/21/2021 at 6:11 AM, sarabatam said:

May be it's too early to tell but I think my insomnia issues are coming to end. Everyone is different but I find full long nitneem done by gyani thakur singh ji patiala wale extra soothing. Last night in 15 mins I am out. I will try again today.

wjkk wjkf

Have you tried Ayurvedic medications bro? Like Medha Vati? What is the cause for your insomnia? Did the doctors figure it out?

Please have a look at this one too.

Himalaya Tagara - Promotes Restful Sleep – Himalaya Wellness (India)

@dalsingh101 - Is your insomnia gone completely?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 10:35 AM, sarabatam said:

Doctor just gives you sleeping pill. I will try again today slow gurbani audio helps.

@dalsingh101

Did you brothers try any music therapy?

There might be a Raag in Gurbani, which could help in inducing sleep.

Please have a look at the link below.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9513803/#:~:text=The raga Nelambari in the,or Kalyani (control) raga.

Bhul chuk maaf

13 hours ago, paapiman said:

Does the method go into details about Insomnia?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Not specifically but it is overall good for the health. Start with cold showers -cold showers lower heart beat and relaxes the body. Most people take a cold bath and assume it is cold, but the water is not sufficiently cold for the benefits. The water temperature should be at least at 11 degree C or below, preferably single digit C. Dont do this at the first day. Gradually work your way towards it. Suddenly going into extreme cold water can cause cardiac arrest or other problems. You must also do the deep breathings empty stomachs. 

For insomnia try the honey remedy I mentioned above and also get a full blood test, bcoz usually insomnia is a symptom of something that is not working properly in the body.

13 hours ago, sevak said:

Not specifically but it is overall good for the health. Start with cold showers -cold showers lower heart beat and relaxes the body. Most people take a cold bath and assume it is cold, but the water is not sufficiently cold for the benefits. The water temperature should be at least at 11 degree C or below, preferably single digit C. Dont do this at the first day. Gradually work your way towards it. Suddenly going into extreme cold water can cause cardiac arrest or other problems. You must also do the deep breathings empty stomachs. 

For insomnia try the honey remedy I mentioned above and also get a full blood test, bcoz usually insomnia is a symptom of something that is not working properly in the body.

wjkk wjkf

What about hot showers bro? Can they help with insomnia?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 3/29/2021 at 11:29 PM, paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

What about hot showers bro? Can they help with insomnia?

Bhul chuk maaf

Actually Sir, I don't have a lot of medical information therefore dont want to give wrong advice. However, I have practiced the Wim Hoff Method. Scientific experiments conducted on people who took very very cold showers showed that certain types of hormones which are responsible for relaxation and basically making the body feel good, auto-immunity (they call it para-sympathetic nervous system) increased 200%-300% more than the normal individual. You can google such studies by typing Wim Hoff method. Overall, I feel cold shower should get you better sleep. I sometimes take hot shower, when I have to do kesh isnaan, but overall I prefer cold shower. Cold shower really relaxes me. Keep in mind you want to gradually train your body for cold shower, it is dangerous if you suddenly force yourself and people with high blood pressure should be careful with cold showers as it can increase blood pressure. A real cold shower is one which is single digit degree C. 

Also, if you have serious insomnia, then you need to get a blood test to see if anything is out of whack. 

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What are your thoughts on occasional melatonin use?

It's not a sedative, so I think don't expect instant results. 

You can get OTC Diphenhydramine or Doxylamine  in the US which are both sedating antihistamines.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-medications/otc-sleep-aids

I have taken promethazine which you can get OTC in the UK and it has worked when I needed it, 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK534823/#_article-35398_s2_

Insomnia

Despite the lack of FDA approval, melatonin is considered the first-line pharmacologic therapy for the treatment of insomnia by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). It is relatively safe with a low risk of side effects. Studies on the efficacy of melatonin supplementation for the treatment of insomnia have varied. Still, one metanalysis by Ferracioli-Oda showed that subjects taking melatonin fell asleep an average of 7 minutes faster, stayed asleep about 8 minutes longer, and reported better sleep quality than subjects receiving a placebo. Doses used, results, and study quality varied considerably between trials.[3]

• 8 months later...