Nirmala Sampradaya

Guest Javanmard

I find this post a bit ambiguous because of the devil heads at the end. Are you in favor of this woman or not?

Here is a link to a famous woman disciple of a famous Nirmala Sant, Sant Dalel Singh of Hoshiarpur. Her name is Gurumaa and she is a feminist type of santni. One of my friend's went to one of her prohramms in the UK where she opnely cussed down all the people who practiced female infanticide and practiced discrimination against women. and... she does not wear dastar :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!

http://www.gurumaa.com/

I find this post a bit ambiguous because of the devil heads at the end. Are you in favor of this woman or not?

heydude....remember the Meditation Techinque i sent u a while back of Waheguru. It was 2 mp3's....well it was from her...theres nothing abigious about her, unless Laleshvari has his own view of her by posting the devil smilie.. :?

Regardless, She was born in Amritsar, raised in a Sikh family before took Sanyaas from her Guru.

Neo veer...what exactly did u mean by, " lets blow her face in a mace "

Waheguru.

ooo pheena yaar:

I got the dialougue from movie entrapment...lol :LOL::LOL: ... since i m a such a copy-billa(cat) let me go back to the movie ..and find out what it means??

As far as my guess is like lets blow her face as in bring her face into light(visible) from darkness(mace)

sowwie veer if my guess or interperation doesnt mean this..lol.. dont know the real meaning then... me freshie off boat :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Neo veer...what exactly did u mean by, " lets blow her face in a mace "

Guest Javanmard

I put the devils because of the dastar issue! I truly respect her because she shpws that you can be a Gursikh woman without having to conform to this whole dastar propaganda that young girls are being fed in SIkh camps nowadays. Because she is so feminine yet strong her message comes accross so easily! I have got a lot of respect for her! She reminds me of these female missionaries that our Gurus sent to preach Sikhi in other parts of India.

• 11 years later...

:!: Don't copy this without my permission :!:

It was Guru Gobind Rai, who became Guru Gobind Singh after Baisakhi 1699, himself founded the Nirmala sampradaya in 1686. The Guru was then residing in Paonta Sahib (in Himachal Pradesh) on the borders of the Yamuna. It is confirmed by Sikh tradition that the Guru had favoured intense learned and creative activity at his court in Paonta and that he had invited many scholars and artists .The Guru’s darbar of Anandpur Sahib was a central place for warriors and scholars. Weapons were there for the destruction of enemies and shastras or literature, were there to increase people’s strength. According to Sikh tradition, it was Guru Gobind Rai’s wish to have his Sikhs educated in different sciences and arts. He asked a Brahmin scholar, Pandit Raghunath, to teach Sanskrit and Vedanta to his Sikhs. The Pandit politely refused on the basis that most of the Sikhs were Jatts and Tarkhans by caste (jati) and therefore Shudras by varna (class). Knowledge of Sanskrit was restricted in those times to twice-born Brahmins, Kshatriyas and Vaishyas only. The sources indicate that Guru Gobind Rai sent a group of Sikhs to Benares to learn Sanskrit, Vedanta as well as other sciences. The sources differ regarding the exact number of the group, are indicating five, the other thirteen. All both nevertheless agree that there were five Sikhs dressed by the Guru in saffron clothes and that their names were Karam Singh, Vir Singh, Ganda Singh, Saina Singh and Ram Singh. That group of five saffron-clad Sikhs is part of the group of thirteen Sikhs. The names of the remaining Sikhs who were dressed in white are: Dharam Singh, Daya Singh, Mohkam Singh, Sobha Singh, Gian Singh, Kesar Singh, Chanda Singh and Gaja Singh. The tradition has it that the five saffron-clad Nirmalas were brahmacharins and the rest were householders. After their training in Benares they returned to the court of Guru Gobind Rai which was now established in Anandpur Sahib. At their return Guru Gobind Rai gave them the title nirmala from the Sanskrit nirmala: ‘im-maculate’ or ‘blemish-less’. After the introduction of the khande di pahul in 1699 the Nirmalas received the new initiation and were put under the command of Bhai Dharam Singh and Bhai Daya Singh. The Nirmalas were then progressively (throughout their history) divided into 24 sub-sections (upa-sampradayas). Thirteen of these 24 sub-sections go back to Bhai Daya Singh and eleven of them to Bhai Dharam Singh.

During their stay at Anandpur Sahib the Nirmalas participated in Guru Gobind Singh’s cultural projects, translating the great works of classical Indian literature, teaching Sanskrit and other classical Indian sciences to the Sikhs or explaining passages from the Adi Granth. Bhai Mani Singh is said to have received his training from the first Nirmalas, which explains why the Nirmalas consider the Giani sampradaya to have originated from them. According to Sikh scholars Bhai Karam Singh used to comment on the Upanishads at the court of Guru Gobind Singh whereas the other Nirmalas were teaching the epics, Sanskrit and Vedanta. After the evacuation of Anandpur Sahib in 1705 the Nirmalas spread in different regions of Panjab and Northern India especially around Haridvar, Allahabad and Benares. Some of them, like Bhai Karam Singh, also went with Guru Gobind Singh to Nanded and followed Banda Bahadur and Baba Binod Singh back to Panjab. According to Giani Gian Singh a group of Nirmalas lead by Bhai Dargaha Singh established their first dera at Kankhal on the banks of the Ganga near Haridvar in 1710. They had left Nanded after Guru Gobind Singh’s disappearance in 1708. Their dera was established at a Sikh shrine dedicated to Guru Amardas who used to come regularly to Haridvar.

:!: Don't copy this without my permission :!:

need permission to share  in  my group