Positive or Negative

SinghMunda

Does it matter if a Sikh is positive or negative? I mean if you think the worst or best of things, for example thinking the worst possible outcomes-even if they are the most likely, or should Sikhs always be positive? Personally I am more realistic if anything, but a bit negative, so I feel less bad if there is a negative outcome. Does it matter in a spiritual way? Does it matter to Vaheguru?

At the end of the day, we should accept all things as positive because they are pleasing to God, but does it matter if we think "It's gonna rain tomorrow" when there's a 50% chance of sunshine? But as long as we accept Waheguru's will? Or is being positive required in the long road to achieving Saachkhand?

k:

after realizing first level of camlity, take a right at the stop sign....this will put you on the path to Naam Simran. sometimes it may feel like a dead end, but keep going...the path is kinda rough... at the traffic lights, you may have to make a decision, kinda like a fork in the road. Choose whatever direction you feel will better yourself, but make sure you stay on the path of naam simran. pull a Sharp left at the stop sign, and this is Bhagti Avenue. continue on this road for about 4 or 5 years, and eventually, you will hit Chardi Kallaa Drive. You'll have to take the on ramp, cuz it's basically like a highway. Once you're on, you really jus gotta go pedal to the metal and not get off... and that's how you can get to Chardi Kalla.

I believe it's in Illinois, somewhere :D :D :D

It's kinda difficult to be optimistic with muslims/islam...

All of our Gurus and Sikhs lived during Moghuls and they all were Muslims and also emperor. If you have strong belief and knowledge then there is no way you will have hard feelings for others. We have bad people and good people in all communities and religions. I would say that learn as much as you can about Islam the same way you're learning about Sikhism, and that way you won't have any problem. "Knowledge is power".

hmm...seems like you got lucky... i know some shias and some sunnis...they hang out together too...all they care about is their terrorism...and thing is it sounds like 'im generalizing..but that's seriously all they do at school...they make their religion look so much worse, and even worse, to the unlearned, they make all brown people look bad..

i can get laong with 2 of them....the rest, and there's many, are really jus bandars.... by looks and by actions

Guest Javanmard

well I go to the Muharram procession every year in full roop, they saw me expressing my love for Imam Hussain and they asked how a SIkh could do that? I said Sikhs before partition used to do it and that you don't have to be a Muslim to love Imam Hussein, because celebrating his shahidi makes me a better SIkh: result: they all wanted to come to the gurdwara. And these are people of all types of ages and backgrounds. A lot of them had a lot of pyar for our Gurus. Real brotherhood beyond caste and creed!