• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2016 at 5:47 PM, paramnam said:

Wjkk wjkf!
Just wondering if Brahm Kavach is to be recited 32 times a day (which I have read some nihang singhs do) or just once. I counted the "praises" and if I did it right there are 32 so I'm wondering if it means reciting these 32 praises daily or read these praises 32 times. Here is the translation I have: 

ਖੜਗ ਖੰਡਾ ਅਸੀ ਅਰਿਗਰ ਧਰਮ ਰੱਚ ਤੱਗ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

Kharag, Khanda, Asi, Arighar, Dharam Rach, Tag Chatri 

You are the twelve fist long double edge sword, ten fist long khanda representing Mahakal, double handed sword, Enemy of the Throat, guardian of Dharam, caste string of a Kshatriya, meaning sword belt

ਬਿਸ਼੍ਵ ਪਾਲ ਭੂਪਾਲ ਪੱਛ ਪਲ ਭੱਛ ਰਣ ਕੱਛ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

Bishva paal, Bhupaal pachh, Pal Pacch, Rann Kacch, Atrri.

You are the, Nurturer of the world, Devour of Kings, Devour of time, Preserver of honour on the battlefield, weapon adorning warrior

ਰਾਜ ਮੰਡਾ ਅਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡਾ ਈਸ੍ਵਰੀ ਕਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥

Raj Manda, At Parchanda, Isvari Karvar hai

You are the adorner of kingdoms, Extremely fierce, Sword of Shiv Ji

ਸ਼ਕਤਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੀ ਬੈਸ਼ਨਵੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ਤੂੰ ਤਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥

Shakti, Brahmani, Baishnavi, Bhavani, toon Tarvaar hai

You are Parbati, the wife of Shivji, Saraswati, wife of Barhma, Laxmi, wife of Vishnu, fierce form of Parbati, 

ਨਿਤ ਜਿਯੋਤੀ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਦਾਇਕ ਧਾਰਾਧਾਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਹੈ ॥

Nit Jeyoti, Mukht Daeik, Dhaaraadhaar, Kirpan hai

You are the the eternal flame granter of salvation, Sharp edged sword the merciless sword

ਚੰਡਕਾ ਮੰਡਕਾ ਮ੍ਰਿਤਕਾ ਜਗਤ ਜਨਨੀ ਕਾਲਕਾ ਗੁਨਖਾਨਿ ਹੈ ॥

Chandka, Mandkaa, Mritkaa, Jagat Janani, Kalika, Gunkhaan hai 

You are angry eight armed warrior goddess Chandi beautifully adorned Chandi

mother of the Earth mother of the world, dark form of chandi, treasure mine of virtue

ਭਵ ਮਾਨਕਾ ਖਲ ਹਾਂਨ ਕਾ ਰੱਤ ਪਾਲਕਾ ਜਗ ਮਾਨ ਹੈ ॥

Bhav Mankaa, Khal Hankaa, Rat Pankaa, Jag Man hai 

You are the good virtue to the world defeater of evil ones, drinker of blood, pride of the world

ਇਹ ਕਵਚਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਕੋ ਬਤੀਸਾ ਪਢੈ ਜੋ ਨਿਤ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

ehai kavicha brahma ko batisaa paddai jo nita chatari      

That Kshaytria (warrior) who reads this Kavach of Brahma of 32 (praises) daily

ਰਣ ਜੀਤ ਲੈਹ ਨਿਰਭੀਤ ਰਹਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥

rann jeet laih nirbeet rahi ridh sidh paavai aatri

(He) will attain victory on the battlefield, remain fearless, and attain Ridhi Sidhi (yogic spiritual powers)

ਲਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਭੇਦ ਜੋ ਪਢੈ ਬਿਪ੍ਰਬੈਸਯ ਧੰਨ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਤਾ ॥

lahi beyd bheyd jo paddai biprabheisy dan sokh sanpataa

A Brahmin who reads this will know the secret of the Vedas, and a Vaish who reads with will attain comfort of wealth and family.

ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਤਨ ਅਰੋਗ ਸੂਦਰ ਪਾਇ ਸੁਖ ਅਕੰਪਤਾ ॥

dhan dhaam tan arog soodar paae sokh aknptaa 

Wealth, home, and a body without ailments [all] of beautiful unswerving comfort [is attained through contemplating this mantra].

If you read 32 daily, you will win every battle you will face (physically or mentally). 108 times is like Chardikala.

This is as far as I know. Just make sure you have sharda. Even 1paath will do if you have sharda.

14 minutes ago, AkalKiFauj said:

If you read 32 daily, you will win every battle you will face (physically or mentally). 108 times is like Chardikala.

This is as far as I know. Just make sure you have sharda. Even 1paath will do if you have sharda.

Veer ji 32 jaaps is the minimum. Doing anything plus 32 whether its 108 or a doing 5 malas is like adding sugar to the sweetness avilable.

Having faith and sharda is the key point in doing simran paath jaap.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 8:52 PM, Soulfinder said:

On 6/5/2020 at 4:34 PM, Soulfinder said:

Dass found this video today

Bro, can you please post these videos in the HAVAN thread?

@Trimandeep Singh - Please do watch the videos above. GURMAT HAVAN being performed by recitation of SRI BHAGAUTI BRAHAM KAVACH SAAB.

Bhul chuk maaf

59 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, can you please post these videos in the HAVAN thread?

@Trimandeep Singh - Please do watch the videos above. GURMAT HAVAN being performed by recitation of SRI BHAGAUTI BRAHAM KAVACH SAAB.

Bhul chuk maaf

So what if a baana waala nihang is doing this. Many people today wear gurmukhi baana but still don't refrain from doing qurehits. 

Today, so many nihangs with baana don't do kirt Kamaayi and most probably either they are dhille in rehat or fake nihangs.

Currently, I am against Havan and these videos are not any evidence that Havan is gurmat. But if you provide some panktis from Guru Sahib Rachit Granths and writings of Bhai Gurdaas Ji and Bhai Nand Lal Ji, then Daas can consider that and do vichar.

Trimandeep Singh 

13 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Currently, I am against Havan and these videos are not any evidence that Havan is gurmat. But if you provide some panktis from Guru Sahib Rachit Granths and writings of Bhai Gurdaas Ji and Bhai Nand Lal Ji, then Daas can consider that and do vichar.

Please check the other topic on Havan.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...