Timing for reciting Chandi Charitar path 2?

Waheguru Ji,

I wanted to know what is the correct timing for reciting Chandi Charitar path-1 ? I have never come across any source mentioning this.

I know Chandi Di Var is Amritvela, Bhagauti Ustotra is also Amritvela, & so is Brahm Kavach.

Does anyone know a great gurmukh who does this path, and knows the timing or has experience with this, or knows a scholar ? Thanks

My reason for doing this : Guru Ji has mentioned whoever does this path, pade yahe bidyarthi bidya hetang, lahe sarb sastar ko mad chetang.... if he a student does this path, he will remember everything.  If I have an imp exam coming in 3 weeks, that is why I have started this path from last 3 days , 4:30 PM everyday till my exam. Hope I am not doing anything wrong.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

11 minutes ago, mrhsinghk said:

I asked a Gursikh friend of mine who has done both Chandi Charitar's and Uggardanti it is supposed to be done during day time before sunset like Chandi Di Vaar 

PERFECTT!

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/canada/toronto   

sunset is around 5:15 PM in toronto.

So my timings are good, i usually start 4:30 and finish 5:15 PM.  

Thanks veer ji!

I have done both the paaths however i dont restrict myself to the timings ..everyone has a different stand ..in Hazur sahib many say that Dasam bani is not for Amritvela..i had once asked the late Swami Brahmdev ji he too said to do paaths around mid morning .

I personally feel if you have the bhaav and pyaar for the bani you should do the paath whenever you feel the ras to do the bani.

11 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

@samurai do you know anything about chandi-charitar 2 ?

No veereh not in any detail. Dasam granth bani is something i looked into years ago so some things that were said to me i remember vaguely and i do not want to misinform anyone so will only write things that i can say with conviction.At that time my memory was not good. Its difficult to get info on dasam bani especially when it comes to maryada of reciting certain banis and obviously doing akhand path on the internet. Even though google is a respected mahapursh hes not yet reached the avastha of bhramgian..lol

. As your from canada i would suggest getting in touch with baba nihal singh and asking him as i know he stays out in canada for a period of time before returning to india normally just before holla.In terms of gian on dasam bani i would highly recomend giani sher singh ambala wale.

From my own understanding chandi di vaar and other dasam bani can be recited anytime.. Its a myth that if you recite chandi di vaar after sunset thins go 'wrong'..it doesnt work like that..  to increase pehra i would suggest holding shaster in one hand (any shaster, big or small) an if you can have jot with dhoop burning. If you decide to do it with jot and dhoop burning i would advise to recite at amritvela. Rest is up to you bro.

6 hours ago, jaikaara said:

I have done both the paaths however i dont restrict myself to the timings ..everyone has a different stand ..in Hazur sahib many say that Dasam bani is not for Amritvela..i had once asked the late Swami Brahmdev ji he too said to do paaths around mid morning .

I personally feel if you have the bhaav and pyaar for the bani you should do the paath whenever you feel the ras to do the bani.

Veer ji who is swami brahmdev ji.""?

18 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

My reason for doing this : Guru Ji has mentioned whoever does this path, pade yahe bidyarthi bidya hetang, lahe sarb sastar ko mad chetang.... if he a student does this path, he will remember everything.  If I have an imp exam coming in 3 weeks, that is why I have started this path from last 3 days , 4:30 PM everyday till my exam. Hope I am not doing anything wrong.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Paaji, you can try the below. This Jaap will take 17 days.

56a22b424a9bc_passanexam.thumb.jpg.f547a

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Paaji, you can try the below. This Jaap will take 17 days.

56a22b424a9bc_passanexam.thumb.jpg.f547a

Bhul chuk maaf

ok bro, few questions

1) What is Adhi Raat ? It sounds like 12 AM, but can it be 1 am or 2 am.Find this out for me.

2) What is the maryada ? jot , dhoop, jal, krah parshad , ?

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

ok bro, few questions

1) What is Adhi Raat ? It sounds like 12 AM, but can it be 1 am or 2 am.Find this out for me.

2) What is the maryada ? jot , dhoop, jal, krah parshad , ?

1) 12 AM. Try to aim for it.

2) There is plenty to follow. Due to the lack of time you have, IMHO, just make sure that Jaap is done. Do Panj Ishnaanan or take a shower before it.

God willing, you will pass brother. Don't forget to do Ardaas on that particular day, during Amritvela.

Dhan Guru Nanak.............toon hee Nirankaar

Bhul chuk maaf

• 3 years later...

Daas with Waheguru Guru Sahib Jis kirpa has read Chandi Chirtar 2 last week in 2 days using a audio track. 

Before it take 4 days using a 66mins mp3 but nowdays i use a 35/40 mins mp3 of the paath to help with it as it takes me 2 days nowdays sometimes 3 using a 47 mins track.

The marayda is almost the same as i read it before sunset along with chandi di vaar and sukhmani sahib to keep both bir ras and shant ras hand in hand.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Nai veerji, i only did it for 3 weeks back in 2016.  Thats the reason I started sehaj path of Dasam bani so I can cover all banis atleast once every 4-6 months.   

Veer ji thats is a long time now since you last read Chandi Chirtar 2 in sehaj paath form. It is easier for you veer ji as you can read it in punjabi script so doing a sehaj paath is really good. 3 weeks is a good time as you did have a connection with the paath as it was a sehaj paath with doing 1,2 angs a day which does help cover all of the banis in the Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.

First time i read back in oct 2018 took me 4 days using a 66 mins mp3 as it was really hard getting a good paathi for the bani as i didn't understand nearly any of it in the start.

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2020 at 7:14 PM, Ragmaala said:

Thats the reason I started sehaj path of Dasam bani so I can cover all banis atleast once every 4-6 months.   

Bhai sahib, you have Sri Dasam Granth sahib prakash at your place?

2 hours ago, Trimandeep Singh said:

Bhai sahib, you have Sri Dasam Granth sahib prakash at your place?

Nai veer ,  I have 2 sanchian at home. Before I used to read from an ipad. But recently, the path has been on pause. I am trying to finish other nitnem.