Seeing Aura

Dhan Guru Nanak!  Yes it is very much a part of Sikhi & Spirituality. Its just that Simran is really pushing your senses beyond the mere 5 senses. Keep at it bro and thanks for sharing this. Its very motivational for me.

This is what I have heard in katha. Its not my own experiential knowledge , so take it with a grain of salt. Aura is just an extension of your energy body. You have 5 different layers of bodies or kosh. Aura represents one of them . It can range from a shade of grey to white depending upon the spirituality of the person. Gurbani & Naam all increase our aura, and radiance. Harbhajan Yogi talked a lot about it .  Many people see this. Its a common known phenomenon amongst spiritual people.

Few questions, do you also see aura around Guru Granth Sahib or Pothis ? How about inanimate objects ? Does it happen only during Simran or during normal times ?

Just keep at it bro! Good Job!

1 hour ago, HisServant said:

Recently something new has been happening. I've been seeing a light type radiance around people. It has been strongest during/after simran in sangat and is usually very noticeable around the person doing katha/leading simran. My question is whether this has to do with spirituality. Is this mentioned in bani? What does it mean and why do people have it?

Bro, thanks for sharing. This is inspirational and can potentially motivate other people to do more Simran. 

Daas's two cents - Please don't talk about your spiritual experiences to other people. Keep them a top secret. Here you are anonymous, so it is not a big deal. Also, you can talk to Brahamgyanis/Gurmukhs of high avastha about it, if you have any concerns/doubts. To be on the safe side, always take permission from Maharaaj, before talking about them.

Rest is your choice.

Bhul chuk maaf

I am soo proud of you. For your age, you are doing more than awesome. I don't know if you should be sharing your experiences or not but you are quiet young and still learning. If sharing them start making you not have more of those experiences then maybe stop sharing. But other than that, great job. 

2 hours ago, HisServant said:

Recently something new has been happening. I've been seeing a light type radiance around people. It has been strongest during/after simran in sangat and is usually very noticeable around the person doing katha/leading simran. My question is whether this has to do with spirituality. Is this mentioned in bani? What does it mean and why do people have it?

Bro, this is from another post. Hopefully, you will get the point.

Srimaan 108 Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Kaleranwale's bachan (something like this) - The seed which remains exposed is never able to sprout, while the one which stays hidden in soil, can become a huge tree.

It implies - The more secret/hidden one keeps his spiritual state, the more progression one will make.

Unquote

Please go through the link below too.

Bhul chuk maaf

Taking in consideration the anonymity of this forum , I think its beneficial for me to hear these real-life accounts from fellow Sikhs , however small might they be.

Its just like how someone was sharing their experience about going on a vegetarian diet. 

Treat the experience as a neutral theme, do not apply spirituality or higher status to it.  And I think we will all be fine. I encourage everyone to share their stuff.

I personally share my dreams, my failures, my bad feelings & negativity. Its unfortunate I havent had a blissful experience yet, but if Maharaj does kirpa I will share that too.

7 minutes ago, HisServant said:

At the end of the day the goal is to meet waheguru ji. The majority of us spiritual seekers experience so many things but if we get caught up in them it'll lead to downfall.

O Nanak, blessed are the happy soul-brides, who are in love with their Husband Lord. ||4||23||93||

Brilliant points brother. Keep the final goal in mind and don't focus much on other things.

Bhul chuk maaf

13 minutes ago, HisServant said:

Is there any bani behind this that someone could provide? I really want to learn about it in more detail so I understand exactly what it is that's happening. 

Gyani Thakur Singh jee might have talked about this in Katha. If Daas finds something, Gurparsaad will post it.

Bhul chuk maaf

I was abt to post topic abt auras and tell people abt it but then I stopped 

Since people didn't look interested in our sakhi or posts o.o

But since u. Have posted I would like to tell our little mat  we gathered it from different places 

As far as I know and I'm sure u already know

Aura is kinda like energy or rays

Which humans and everything emitate 

They got different colors 

Depending on our mood and thoughts 

(Thoughts effect environment)

Aura color depends on mood 

Like I remember incident some days ago my dad Came i was happy that he came to meet me i was emotional :'/ but then  I looked carefully and I could see faint black aura lol I knew dad is thinking negative and he didn't came to meet me 

Later I found.out that dad came to borrow money for buying (drugs n stuff) -_- 

So well the bigger the aura the more spiritual person he is :p

People connected with God somehow have gold aura 

Ever wonder what is rays around Guru's sheesh  in all pictures ??? They are aura 

People who can see auras can't handle Gurus aura its so bright and big 

There was this Sikh girl who could c auras

She told how Harminder sahib aura lights whole sky and everything appears day

She shared story how she can see auras 

Different ppl had different different  auras 

But then she saw  a beautiful color aura from Buddhist monks 

But anther time she saw more beautiful aura from famous Ragi which was golden 

Another lady from foreign was asked abt auras she since could see it 

Later question arised what is biggest aura u ever seen in any man  

She replied = it was from Sikh holy man who had 10 meters wide aura

Here is link 

http://www.aurareadings.com/aura-facts--questions.html

Like a lamp which emits light 

We also emit aura 

If lamp is dirtied with dust and mud on it 

It can't emit light outside mmuch 

Same way if our soul is dirtied with lust anger greed ego moh our aura is faint 

But as soon as we remove mud of vikaar with simran our aura increase

WARNING ALERT! (Lol) = its recommended to not waste time in concentration of seeing auras and to keep simran going on

Between sorry for talking too much but is sharing experiences really 

Bad ? 

Its only bad when we share it with ego (hankaar) (share only if u conquered ego)

Pls allow us  narrate our story 

I wasn't in sikhi much  

Didn't even  use to read single baani whole day 

Was totally full of doubts 

Didn't even believe in God 

Used to play video games all day LOL

My mother. Is completely innocent (bholi) 

She got jugti of naam abhyaas from a saint 

And after 30 days she had experiences she started sharing 

Me first 

She told me how she felt she was flying 

Then she told me how she had darshan of pavirtar rooh (she told how Devi and devta came to ave darshan of person who is chanting naam

Then she told me how her voice stopped and she was fixed in simran 

And then in end she told me how she could enter smaadhi but later broke it with mistake (coz of  bad karma)

When she narrated me this my curiosity knew no bounds so I walked on Naam abyhaas path  I imitated her jugti :p

3 hours ago, Harman deep singh said:

Between sorry for talking too much but is sharing experiences really 

Bad ? 

Paaji, Daas has a request. Let's discuss this (above) matter in a separate topic. Can you please copy your post to the thread below? Let's leave this topic for discussions on Aura.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 2/29/2016 at 9:27 PM, HisServant said:

Is there any bani behind this that someone could provide? I really want to learn about it in more detail so I understand exactly what it is that's happening. 

Bro, this shabad might be talking about auras.

ਪੂਰਬਿ ਲਿਖਤ ਲਿਖੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਲਿਵ ਮੰਡਲ ਮੰਡਾ ਹੇ ॥੧

By pre-ordained destiny, I have met with the Guru. I have entered into the realm of the Lord's Love. ||1||

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Raju said:

I recall being at a Satsang held by Sant Waryam Singh in Chandigarh, 2001. One of the UK visitors (highly evolved), could see auras and had to ask the great Saint to reduce his "jalal", so he could sit in his presence. During a Satsang, he saw a "chakar" and light behind the Saint while delivering a discourse to the Sangat. The person in question was only one step away from merging with the divine at the time (I was fortunate to be present during their conversations)... The meetings between these two great souls were a true blessing to witness. In other words, these things are the result of spiritual practice and show progress. However, one should focus on the goal of practice rather than the phenomenon of it.   

Glad to hear your experiences Raju veer!  I hope you post more often here. We need more Bhagti related views  :)

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, paapiman said:

Gyani Sant Singh jee Maskeen talks about aura (Prabhamandal). Using this concept, he explains how Mata Meera Bai jee (famous mystic), even though a woman, was able to live in forests/wilderness and avoid any sexual assaults.

Please start listening at 7:40 min: 

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji excellent katha thanks for the link. I will add more on this topic as i will find.

I myself am thinking about getting a aura picture taken as its supposed to help understand the avasta a person has.

I do remember hearing in katha of gyani thakur singh that Mahapursh's can see this aura in a person as Sant Ajit Singh Ji Hansali and Baba Harnam Singh Ji Rampurkhera Wale could see these as they would call someone direct from the sangat line if they would see a good soul if it was a negative person sant ji would say drink tea cha etc.

Here is a detailed page i found on sikhnet

https://www.sikhnet.com/news/seeing-auras

Full auras are different colors on different areas of body. Aura around head tells a lot about spirituality but the balances around the body can affect the upper aura.  Most of the time you can work out who has naam and who hasn't. Shouldn't spend more than a few seconds reading one.