Who can eat Meat?

Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

Hyperglycemia or anemia?

Gurparsaad, none of the above two so far. Daas had Vit D deficiency. I might be deficient in some other minerals or vitamins too.

Daas has to go soon to the doc. He might be sending me for a detailed blood work.

Bhul chuk maaf

6 hours ago, paapiman said:

Gurparsaad, none of the above two so far. Daas had Vit D deficiency. I might be deficient in some other minerals or vitamins too.

Daas has to go soon to the doc. He might be sending me for a detailed blood work.

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru Ji

If you are deficient in vitamins ask your doctor or dietitian what veggie food can be substituted instead of meat to get the same amount of  benefit.  That's something you may want to think about.  Waheguru Waheguru

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

Daas had a question about Satoguni food bro. Dairy products produce phlegm and phlegm is related to Lust (according to Gurbani). So, doesn't that imply that consuming plenty of Dairy products might not be a good option for Gurmukhs?

Can you please try to find an answer to the above question?

@dalsingh101 - Any thoughts/observations Paaji?

I was under the impression that dairy products are a staple of Panjabi diet?? I know when I went to Rara Sahib years ago, they gave out lassi for breakfast? 

I'd like to know where people get their traditional classification of foods from i.e. which is satogun, tamogun, rajogun? Are there ancient ayurvedic texts they use for this? Are some foods a mixture of guns? How is this determined?    

3 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I was under the impression that dairy products are a staple of Panjabi diet?? I know when I went to Rara Sahib years ago, they gave out lassi for breakfast? 

I'd like to know where people get their traditional classification of foods from i.e. which is satogun, tamogun, rajogun? Are there ancient ayurvedic texts they use for this? Are some foods a mixture of guns? How is this determined?    

Sikh2inspire covers it...somewhere. 

General jist is vegan, lacto veg, lacto ovo veg, into carnivory. 

Not only whether it had meat was part of it but so was the quality. 

Basically, the cleaner, more organic, less processed, less meat it had the more Satogun it seemed to be. 

On 5/18/2022 at 12:53 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

For anyone who eats eggs, the white ones are horrible, the shell is weak, the yolk yellow and weak instead of more orange. 

however, the hens for the white egg breed are not abused. For pink eggs breed, the hens have to be debeaked since they are a less docile breed and will peck at the eggs. We should campaign for the white shell eggs to be honest. In the uk, they sell them to restaurants but white eggs are not available generally for sale to the public, there was an exception during lockdowns when some white eggs were sold in supermarkets due to restaurants being closed during lockdowns.

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

however, the hens for the white egg breed are not abused. For pink eggs breed, the hens have to be debeaked since they are a less docile breed and will peck at the eggs. We should campaign for the white shell eggs to be honest. In the uk, they sell them to restaurants but white eggs are not available generally for sale to the public, there was an exception during lockdowns when some white eggs were sold in supermarkets due to restaurants being closed during lockdowns.

I'm not sure that applies in the free range egg scenario. 

Now that I think about all the various chickens I saw raised...yeah I've never heard that and if it applies ever it must be to chickens in tight quarter captivity.