Eating in Langar

SinghMunda

When a person eats in the langar, if possible they should have made some contribution, e.g maybe buying food, or helping with preparation of food, serving food, cleaning dishes etc (i'll excuse any poor ppl as the langar is meant to be free kitchen for everyone). What disturbs me is that people sometimes people eat too much in langar, for example, asking for like 2 more rotis when someone is coming round offering more, or eating an extra helpful of daal. I think this is wrong and people should eat no more than basic requirements. It's olrite if u take more water or something, but it's no wonder that most of the people who eat too much in the langar are overweight...

Sat Sri Akal:

SinghMunda Sahib, Guru's Langar is Beant (infinite). Don't worry too much about it running out. I have noticed that there is somehow never a shortage of Langar (usually overflowing with food!) and never a shortage of sewadaars. Guru Sahib makes full arrangements for Sadh Sangat!

When a person eats in the langar, if possible they should have made some ................olrite if u take more water or something, but it's no wonder that most of the people who eat too much in the langar are overweight...

Actually, I eat less at home but more on sunday in the langar. No food tastes as good as Langar. I always do sewa first, then when everyone has eaten i eat langar.

As for you saying asking for two more rotiyans is wrong, that may seem wrong to u beacuse u eat two less rotiyans than that person.

And i don't think punjabi bapu jis are overweight because of langar, its the way most punjabis are.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I don't there is anything wrong with the number of rotiyan you eat in the langar. The only thing I see which in my eyes is wrong is when people take too much Dal or too many rotiyan and then leave the dal or rotiyan half eaten. I think it is insulting to the langar not to eat everything that you have been given

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Yes i agree with bikie there. Its really sad to see people leaving so much jooth which goes right in the garbage. Imagine if people started to think how much they willing to digest before askin for it then there would be great amount of conserving food which can be used to feed the poor/more needy ones.

One solution is to do visual advertisment of disclipnes for being in langar. I say if we make them see people conserving food in pictures to help the needy then we can do it.