Spam posts

JasperS

I have noticed a trend on here, that one member in particular seems to keep posting more and more videos and that too with only one narrow point of view. He keeps posting links to those videos, and that is the entirely of his posts, but he never actually posts anything from his own referencing it. For example if I were to post a video I would at least start the discussion by giving my interpretation and such. And then I would allow open discussion on the topic in the video whether or not they agree or disagree with my own interpretation. However this member (paapiman) seems to only be spamming the forum. He posts links as a new topic, doesn't provide any useful discussion regarding what he linked, and then tends to ignore posters or ask for his topics to be locked once discussion begins and someone posts something that is in disagreement to him.  This is a discussion forum. Certainly discussion is allowed? Or else this member is only spamming the community. I come here once in awhile and this is all I see, inundated topics from user paapiman every single day and no useful discussion, or if discussion begins, he very quickly gets upset if anyone disagrees with what he posted and then asks for the topic to be locked or says he will ignore any more posts. I think you need to address this.  

So are you saying discussion on those topics are not allowed? If that's the case why not create a specific subforum for just posting links like that and then make it so no replies are allowed?  The forum is a discussion forum, so it shouldn't be too far out to think that discussion on topics posted should be encouraged? If its not then why not contain the links to one sub forum created for that purpose? 

There have been numerous times when he would post something and then discussion would start and if someone posted something which disagreed with what he said, he would ask for the topic to be locked or said he will ignore any more responses. What kind of discussion is that? I'm not going to surf through finding them now but one off the top of my head is the post about poison. Someone chellenged his thinking saying it was metaphorical and he got upset saying he would not longer respond to them. That doesn't really help healthy discussion. There were other times when someone challenged the original post and he got irate and asked for it to be locked, and it was. This makes the statement that discussion is not allowed if the viewpoints go against the narrow viewpoints of this forum. It's just my opinion. 

10 hours ago, JasperS said:

There were other times when someone challenged the original post and he got irate and asked for it to be locked, and it was. This makes the statement that discussion is not allowed if the viewpoints go against the narrow viewpoints of this forum. It's just my opinion. 

That is paapiman's personal choice. His asking for the topics to be locked is not reflective of the forum. This forum does not have narrow viewpoints. But no-one is stopping you from replying. But also if you feel that he is a spammer, ignore his posts.

Daas is not forcing anyone to read his posts. If someone finds Waheguru's Katha annoying, just ignore those posts. Anyone can request the Admins to lock a topic. It is up to the Admins to decide, whether to lock it or not. Every member has the right to block/ignore anyone he/she wishes. No one should be forced to engage in a discussion.

This Forum has many broad minded/bighearted people (including Admins), who have even allowed heretics to voice their opinions.

Bhul chuk maaf

Keep doing your thing paapiman. The posts where you tell sangat where to listen from to get to that story (topic title) is beneficial for the likes of me who don't have time to listen to hours of katha nonetheless are interested in certain stories/topics.

16 hours ago, samurai said:

Keep doing your thing paapiman. The posts where you tell sangat where to listen from to get to that story (topic title) is beneficial for the likes of me who don't have time to listen to hours of katha nonetheless are interested in certain stories/topics.

Thanks brother for the support. Gurparsaad, will keep posting. Katha is a very powerful tool and can possibly kick start a change in the life of a person.

Thanks to Admins, who have provided a platform, where we can learn from each other.

Another great resource (Kam Paaji is doing great seva)

http://kam1825.podbean.com/

Bhul chuk maaf

Please note I never said to stop posting paapiman veerji. What I said was please allow discussion without becoming angry if someone happens to disagree. No two humans will ever agree on everything. Just because someone disagrees with you on a topic or even disagrees with the interpretation in the video you post, is not a reason to ignore them or say you won't respond anymore. Healthy discussion is how we progress and learn from each other.  Just please don't be so one minded that you can't see other's point of view on things. Also it would be nice if when you post those links, also provide a description of what the video is about, and your own thoughts on it instead of just posting the link.  That opens up discussion. We are all here to learn from each other right? I am not saying posting links is bad I am just saying you should also participate in discussion on what you post, and also be open to other's viewpoints. That's all.