Guru Gayatri Mantra Japa/Sadhana ( Gobinde Mukande Udarey Aparey Hariang Kariang Nirnaame Akaame)

2 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

Yes there's that sampardya started by Ustad Nar Singh ji Narayan.

Follow that samprada, if you want. Sikhs should follow the sampradas started by the Ustad of Ustad Nar Singh jee Narayan.

The one and only - SATGURU SRI GURU NANAK RAI DEV BEDI JEE MAHARAAJ.

Bhul chuk maaf

i was specifically talking to ragmaala in regards to do certain things, if he needed to, and did mention for him to pm me which was an indication that i would not share openly here...soo.. it is what it is..

On 6/9/2016 at 1:32 AM, Ragmaala said:

Update: I do silent japa of this shabad for 1 hr everyday, and during that time I am extremely emotional & negative thoughts tend to pop up a lot.

put your foot on the gas and crack on bruv..good luck!!

On 6/10/2016 at 7:14 AM, BhagatSingh said:

Yes there's that sampardya started by Ustad Nar Singh ji Narayan. :P

I honestly don't know of any sampradya except for that one. I don't follow any of them.

PS you ignored the code I cracked on the existence of silent letters. In the above post, I (he) explained why these silent letters exist and the purpose they serve in pronunciation. This is true not only in Gurbani and but also in English as well, but that's a different topic.

Biradars , it doesnt matter if there is a samprada or not because it is colloquial influence , in Maharashtra the 'U'  becomes 'V' i am talking about the Nanded belt specially where Ustad is said by local Maharashtrians as vastaad ..

• 2 weeks later...

Its true this forum is not our real reality/identity (maybe for some) so i get the argument for sharing experiences..which is a good thing i suppose..

But anyway do not beat yourself up about this, just carry on, not as if you did ardas for chalisa or anything...even if you did, he knows all, as in.. there's no need for justification to someone who already knows..let it go and move on, maharaj is there always it is the "you" who is stuck..

ive got to thank you, (im not a thank you person, im more 'get on wiv it' person)...as since my last post on this thread ive just been doing this jaap, its soo natural and im very receptive to this manter..this defo comes from previous life jaaps/dyaan/kamai etc.. i knind of felt guilty not doing the usual gurmanter/mool manter jaap as i was to in tune with this manter maybe im not like others who want to dissolve in the one but celebrate akaal purkhs creation like the sargun does aarti of nirgun...its still one..

guilt comes with fear, whats to fear, whos to fear... be fearless...like a yodha...

Yeah I often wander between doing Gurumantra or Moolmantra or Gayatri Mantra. But what happens is it takes away time & you end up doing nothing.  So for now I have decided to stick to this, & atleast complete a minimum jaap.

Mahapurush have done jaap of this so why not us right . 

i've also done jaaps of other mantes from dasam bani, i dont want to go on but its just sooo natural for me, plus im more yodhaa type....so it makes sense to me plus i know who i was in previous lives so its no biggie to me...

my personal opinion is this...when you choose a manter its a khed of prem....vaheguru is the ultimate mantra as baba nanak meditated for several yugs to create this mantra (for those who want mukhti)...in vaheguru is gyatri.......it seems like you are more active and yodha type but you feel guilty into being shant and smiley face...theres nothing to be guilty about, people like us wait for instructions of the tenth master to execute...in the praise of baba nanak...the waiting game is prem or is it not??.........

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

On 6/23/2016 at 9:52 AM, Ragmaala said:

So I slipped up & feel guilty. I started this on 1st June, and continued till 20 June. I was averaging solid 16 malas/day for about 14 days, and then slowly it slipped to 7, 1 and then one night I fell asleep without doing one.   I finished 197 malas ( 21,276 silent  jaap) .  No wonder I see a difference in my life, too many breaks happen.

Hopefully, I do not let this go & will try to start this again without keeping any particular desire in mind. Its easier & less stressful that way, & let the mantra takes it course.

I am sharing this here because I do want to slip up & forget about this Sankalpa like many other times. No one knows me in real life so I feel its all good.

Its been 2 years since this post. I am glad i wrote it otherwise I would have forgotten. It was a good reference. Now I am thinking of the events that followed after this repetition.

Some major life events , some minor obstacles.

A month after 21,000 reps of Guru Gayatri Mantra,  Guru ji got completion of Sava Lakh moolmantra from me.  And unexpectedly, within a month I was engaged.  It was never my intention to get married or look for rishta but somehow that happened. The other wishes I had in my mind , more important ones the career I wanted, never came to fruit. I am in no way bragging about anything, just a normal average person with usual vishe vikar who was able to complete the reps of these mantras.

I am writing this , so if in future, 5-10 years from now, I can come back and see where I stood in 2018.  If not for this post, I would not have remembered anything.

Also, I find there is lack of stories or anecdotes or articles about Sikh mysticism/ spirituality , mantra meditation or practice etc. I wish more people would share their experiences.  You can find tons of stories in Hindu traditions regarding purushcharanas and extended japa of mantras . This element is somehow lacking in online media. We have the greatest technology on planet...and only few know how to utilize it properly.

recently, i have started the japa of Guru Gayatri Mantra with Gurus grace, so lets see what happens.  By reading experiences of other meditators, I have understood that sometimes a single 1,25,000 repetition is not enough in itself due to your previous karmic burden. One should go for 24, 00, 000 lakh repetitions which will complete 1 purushcharana. And sometime several such prushcaranas are needed.....

Another reason for renewed interest in Guru Gayatri Mantra was reading about Sant Attar Singh ji Mastuana sahib wale who did extended japa of this mantra, Baba Nand Singh ji who used this mantra as a sampat in Guru Granth Sahib jis path.

• 1 year later...
Guest Amarjit

Hey I been reading through this thread and also watching Giani thukar singh ji katha, I wanted to start on this mantra, any advice on how to start? I’m doing a mala of mool mantra daily should I do this mantra after that one mala? And raagmaala are you still doing this mantra? Give us an update

dhan Guru Granth Sahibji

On 9/1/2018 at 5:24 PM, Ragmaala said:

Its been 2 years since this post. I am glad i wrote it otherwise I would have forgotten. It was a good reference. Now I am thinking of the events that followed after this repetition.

Some major life events , some minor obstacles.

A month after 21,000 reps of Guru Gayatri Mantra,  Guru ji got completion of Sava Lakh moolmantra from me.  And unexpectedly, within a month I was engaged.  It was never my intention to get married or look for rishta but somehow that happened. The other wishes I had in my mind , more important ones the career I wanted, never came to fruit. I am in no way bragging about anything, just a normal average person with usual vishe vikar who was able to complete the reps of these mantras.

I am writing this , so if in future, 5-10 years from now, I can come back and see where I stood in 2018.  If not for this post, I would not have remembered anything.

Also, I find there is lack of stories or anecdotes or articles about Sikh mysticism/ spirituality , mantra meditation or practice etc. I wish more people would share their experiences.  You can find tons of stories in Hindu traditions regarding purushcharanas and extended japa of mantras . This element is somehow lacking in online media. We have the greatest technology on planet...and only few know how to utilize it properly.

recently, i have started the japa of Guru Gayatri Mantra with Gurus grace, so lets see what happens.  By reading experiences of other meditators, I have understood that sometimes a single 1,25,000 repetition is not enough in itself due to your previous karmic burden. One should go for 24, 00, 000 lakh repetitions which will complete 1 purushcharana. And sometime several such prushcaranas are needed.....

Another reason for renewed interest in Guru Gayatri Mantra was reading about Sant Attar Singh ji Mastuana sahib wale who did extended japa of this mantra, Baba Nand Singh ji who used this mantra as a sampat in Guru Granth Sahib jis path.

Veer ji you are the most lucky person ever do sava lakh jaap. I truly saluate to you.

21 hours ago, Guest Amarjit said:

Hey I been reading through this thread and also watching Giani thukar singh ji katha, I wanted to start on this mantra, any advice on how to start? I’m doing a mala of mool mantra daily should I do this mantra after that one mala? And raagmaala are you still doing this mantra? Give us an update

dhan Guru Granth Sahibji

Listen to videos regarding this on youtube. I really respect Giani Thakur Singh ji, follow what he says and just start I guess. ...meri mat thori raam... I don't really know anything 🙏

No I haven't been doing this japa recently as it can take away time from Nitnem, and Waheguru Japa...actually whatever Maharaj thinks is best for me he will get it done through me. 

All the best !! 

17 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji you are the most lucky person ever do sava lakh jaap. I truly saluate to you.

veer ji ! Thanks for your kind words but i am truly no one... I am still full of sins/paaps, Mind still  has millions Kamjoris, lots of filth...only Guru Sahb ji can do kirpa.

2 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

veer ji ! Don't feed my ego... I am still full of sins/paaps, Mind still  has millions Kamjoris, lots of filth...only Guru Sahb ji can do kirpa.

True veer ji but you still have a lot of kirpa compared to a maha paapi like me as you have done a jaap that i only dream about.

17 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

Soulfinder Jee,

brother Ragmala has given a sound reply above as seen.

Nobody can satisfy other´s hunger. If you are hungry, you have to eat and masticate the food morsels by yourself, in order to satisfy your hunger.

In that respect, waheguru has kept within all of us in same measure, the wealth of Nam, it depends on each of us, as how much dhanvaan we want to become, by gathering that true wealth of Nam within us, to which there is no limitation, nor any taxation deducted by Kal upon that income.

Sarb rog ka aukhad Nam.

Do His chintan, His bhakti, as much as possible, and all our sins shall get washed gradually, thus our suffering will start diminishing. Remeber, our pain, our failures, our success, or be it any other thing, is due to our own karmas; but anyhow, the all mercifull Waheguru has also given us the medicine of His holy Name to be taken as much as possible, in order to nullify all our karmas.

That is it brother, stay blessed.

SSA.

You are 100% correct and spot on veer ji as this is the best answer as everything you have written is lovely and well explained in ways i couldn't think of which i am glad you wrote veer ji.

2 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

We are all here to be helpful to each other as much as possible, keeping aside our differences,  jealousies, short sightedness,  ill thinking....

Then there will be only healthy relations, we all have one goal : Waheguru.

That is it.

We should never try to impose or manipulate anyone, conscioussly  or unconscioussly, if anybody accepts our advise, is o.k;  if not, it does not matter much, for we lose nothing. But we should never ever disrespect nor thrash anybody.

I can proudly say, you are a good guy, with your behaviour, you are an example on this forum, and believe it,  it is no free propaganda.

Keep it up bro.

SSA

Thanks veer ji that is 100% correct and spot on that our goal should be to meet Waheguru nothing more. I fully agree that everyone should be respected on here as equals and not find faults in them as humans we have our own countless flaws.

Dass tries best to keep everyone happy on here but its all Guru Sahib Jis kirpa that have put me on this road.

• 9 months later...

🙏🏼 Waheguru ji I was thinking of doing Gobinde jaap as well as Naam Simran as I have a lot of worldly issues such as not finding work . Is it best to do open amounts or fixed amount in 40 days ? I tried brahm kavach 32 a day for a 40 days but it is difficult to keep it in the mind. Gobinde mantra seems to have a flow which resonates with me.

I would love to hear any experiences and advise .thank you 

🙏🏼

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, Mbad said:

🙏🏼 Waheguru ji I was thinking of doing Gobinde jaap as well as Naam Simran as I have a lot of worldly issues such as not finding work . Is it best to do open amounts or fixed amount in 40 days ? I tried brahm kavach 32 a day for a 40 days but it is difficult to keep it in the mind. Gobinde mantra seems to have a flow which resonates with me.

I would love to hear any experiences and advise .thank you 

🙏🏼

Hows it going so far? What did you end up doing so far ? just curious.

I would say get in touch with a senior Gursikh and get their bachan to start.