Giani Thakur Singh Ji on Brahm Kavach

On 7/15/2016 at 1:32 PM, GLA7 said:

I'm confused, wouldn't Maharaj Ji be more happy that you are asking for things he loves to give more (Roohaniyat stuff) as compared to Maya and other wordly things 

IMHO, the best you can do to please Waheguru is the following:

• To live according to his will
  • To be free from all types of desires (worldly or spiritual), while doing Seva/Simran
  • To apply Gurmat principles in your life
  • Do meditation with firm belief and immense love

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2016 at 1:32 PM, GLA7 said:

You said it's ok to do this for duniyavi karajs (promotion, job, finding a good life partner, 6 pack abs etc) but people can't handle the Naam Sidhi for Roohaniyat karajs. Like it's too much for them. I'm asking because in the same book there are several shabads provided that can be used to attain worldly things and otherwise. Were you saying if your "bhanda" isn't strong enough you shouldn't ask for things like avastha, dib dhristi etc because I've heard Giani Thakur Singh Ji say that it is for the exact reason one shouldn't do Ik Onkar Jaap. It is too strong for most people if done over longer durations 

Bro, you can try doing it for other spiritual gains too, but stay cautious of your bodily limits.

Gurmat promotes Sehaj Marag, not Hath Marag (as followed by some Jogis). Gradually build your spiritual stamina, rather than excessively forcing and over-exerting your body.

Ang 478

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਬਿਲੋਵਨਾ ਬਿਲੋਵਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਭਾਈ॥

Churn the churn of the Lord, O my Siblings of Destiny.

ਸਹਜਿ ਬਿਲੋਵਹੁ ਜੈਸੇ ਤਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Churn it steadily, so that the essence, the butter, may not be lost. ||1||Pause||

Bhul chuk maaf

14 hours ago, Xylitol said:

I take this to mean that we shouldn't start and then stop for periods of time. If we take a long break from simran than the churn (that shaanti, that focused surti, that anand from Naam) could be lost. This is why so many don't make it anywhere. When we are motivated we push ourselves, when motivation wanes we start indulging  in the world and fail this test repeatedly.  This is what happens to me. Then we have to make efforts to rebuild that shaanti, that focus, that anand...

I been doing this mistakes since years and years ..well now i feel i should start calling it a crime rather than a mistake .

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, mrhsinghk said:

amazing link, thanks for sharing brother!! loved it, v chardikala.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mrhsinghk said:

ik vari ta baba g de bachan sun ke anand a jaanda...fer shaunk vi paida hunda karn da...but then this motivation dies down....

dil ta karda hai ke puri sucham ate jat sat naal jaap kita jaave...but hunda nai.

mann vishe vikara naal bharya rehnda...gande furne aunde rehnde a... darr lagda ke je koi galti ho gi ta path nuksan hi na kar jave

• 6 months later...
Guest Yadwinder Singh

🙏🏼"Wjkk wjkf"🙏🏼sangat ji I'm not an expert on bani and I'm have not taken "kande baate di pohaal " yet but with satguru ji's kirpa I will soon ! I think anyone can Recite "Dasam bani" but have to do with sucham cuz I have heard giani ji talking about lot of muslim brothers reciting "Jaap sahib" and they respect "Dasam bani" a lot! "Wjkk Wjkf"🙏🏼

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/07/2016 at 5:14 PM, GLA7 said:

Can a Non-Amritdhari start a Jaap of Brahm Kavach or any Bani by Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji? 

I might be wrong but I've heard anybody that isn't pakka in Rehat Maryada should stay away from Dasam Banis as Shaheed Singhs aren't pleased when somebody like that recites Dasam Banis. I got this from Giani Thakur Singh Ji & he was talking about Chandi di Vaar in that particular video but I was wondering if it applies to all Banis given as a gift to The Khalsa by Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj 

Thanks! 

Yes anyone can do jaap of this bani as long as no use of meat, alchol, eggs etc here is a link. 

Listen at 1:02:40

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Kaur Inder said:

And can be done at night. Is that okay if I do it at night.. ?? Thanks

Yes Bhen Ji it is fine to jaap at night. I myself do jaap of it when i can. It has no time restrictions. Here is the link which was posted earlier

On 22/11/2016 at 6:47 PM, mrhsinghk said: