Giani Thakur Singh Ji on Brahm Kavach

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

For those who are confused and don’t understand what to do. Have faith in god’s name (waheguru).. recite it whenever you can in your everyday life. While working or eating or driving or doing anything that you do in your daily routine. Whenever you’re in bad phase take a deep breath and say his name loud enough for your own ears to hear. Bad thoughts vanish, million sins get erased. Your mind will find peace on its own. Thats the power of THE NAME. SATNAAM WAHEGURU ( the one eternal creater residing in its own creation)

• 3 months later...

I have been listening to " brahm kawach gurbani " by guani  thakur singh ....I dont  read  and  write punjabi to begin with but I llisten to mool mantar ...for hours ...Sukhmani sahib daily.....at times it goes on the whole day  on repeat ....I  maybe illiterate in my own mother tongue  but that makes me  no less a  sikh !!...I believe in all religion coz i feel all religion is ONE..Just different ways  of  worshipping !Now all i wanna know is  if what am doing is   Wrong  .... do let me know ...! I remember  2 years back i went to gurdwara   since everyoen was talking so big abt this jatha from UK ...But on the  2nd  day of the jatha  ....the "so called white robe and blue turban young  giani " repeated  a few times " THOSE THAT  do or listen TO sukhmani daily  BUT doesnt understand   it fully is  as good as NOT DOING at all and  shouldnt be  even here   in teh gurdwara ...And  Those words actually HURT me   badly ...I mean WHO IS HE TO JUDGE  anyone  ...I could have  stand up and  told him off  coz i seriously donthave  respect  for these ppl ...that wear white robes  or  blue or  orange  and  claims to be  SAINTS  ...BUT accept $$$ and GOLD   by the gurdwaras LEaders  In this case  YES he  was given gold rings   By the committe  >...!!WHY ? his accomodaton was arranged and paid  for ....Anyway   those words  still rings in my ears  but  I think HE  couldnt stop me  from Listening  to my sukhmani path  and mool mantar  ...AN DYES I DONT Understand   its meaning BUT  I also know  these prayers are  in my blood ..my soul ..my breath.....!..

IN my 60s .....but prayers been my guidance    always!!

14 hours ago, Guest Gill said:

I have been listening to " brahm kawach gurbani " by guani  thakur singh ....I dont  read  and  write punjabi to begin with but I llisten to mool mantar ...for hours ...Sukhmani sahib daily.....at times it goes on the whole day  on repeat ....I  maybe illiterate in my own mother tongue  but that makes me  no less a  sikh !!...I believe in all religion coz i feel all religion is ONE..Just different ways  of  worshipping !Now all i wanna know is  if what am doing is   Wrong  .... do let me know ...! I remember  2 years back i went to gurdwara   since everyoen was talking so big abt this jatha from UK ...But on the  2nd  day of the jatha  ....the "so called white robe and blue turban young  giani " repeated  a few times " THOSE THAT  do or listen TO sukhmani daily  BUT doesnt understand   it fully is  as good as NOT DOING at all and  shouldnt be  even here   in teh gurdwara ...And  Those words actually HURT me   badly ...I mean WHO IS HE TO JUDGE  anyone  ...I could have  stand up and  told him off  coz i seriously donthave  respect  for these ppl ...that wear white robes  or  blue or  orange  and  claims to be  SAINTS  ...BUT accept $$$ and GOLD   by the gurdwaras LEaders  In this case  YES he  was given gold rings   By the committe  >...!!WHY ? his accomodaton was arranged and paid  for ....Anyway   those words  still rings in my ears  but  I think HE  couldnt stop me  from Listening  to my sukhmani path  and mool mantar  ...AN DYES I DONT Understand   its meaning BUT  I also know  these prayers are  in my blood ..my soul ..my breath.....!..

If you come from a SIkh background, don't you think it might be time to learn to read Gurmukhi now? 

On 10/14/2019 at 6:30 AM, Guest Gill said:

Bhai Sahib,

Anger and Ego (common to all of us) are at play in this situation.

Your ego has stood in the way of you making the effort to learn gurmukhi and at least a basic understanding of what the teachings guru sahib is telling us about which would help us in crossing this terrifying world ocean. It told you that listening for hours is a good substitute for learning gurmukhi and making no effort to understand our Gurus teachings.

Anger because someone stated that you should make an effort to understand Gurbani which went against your ego. 

So going forward if you were to make these efforts, maybe vahiguru will bless you with reduction in ego/anger and give you a better understanding of his teachings. (perhaps these comments may be from Vahiguru himself to turn you towards the direction of making more efforts on gurbani?)

I wish you all the best while you take steps on this journey and may vahiguru guide you himself.

regards

On 10/14/2019 at 9:00 AM, Guest Gill said:

Akaal ! Why do you want to be judged by someone ? Jin Prem Kiyo tin hi Prabh paayo. You have love for Gurbani, you feel anand listening to Gurbaani rather than learning the meanings. Do what your soul tells you. He must have said that sentence to let the sangat feel that let Simran and doing paath be not just an exercise. He is not wrong bhha ji . 

He must have said a 100 other things to help you progress however you took him negatively because what he said hurt you. Maybe, what perhaps you would want to try is get a translated sateek of Sukhmani Sahib.

Remember we are Sikhs of the Guru, a Sikh is always a student, see the brighter side that what he said has hurt you because you have Prem for Gurbani. Let this Prem progress into Bhagti of a higher level. Thank him for giving you this jolt to wake up and do things which will help you progress and maybe a year or so down the line you will want to thank him for saying what he said. 

My apologies if i said anything that may have hurt you. The Guru knows the Best !

Akaal hi Akaal !

On 10/14/2019 at 4:30 AM, Guest Gill said:

SSA Brother Gill,

first of all, you are not wrong at all from all what you have said, o.k?

So relax. Do not get tense, you see how brothers here support you....

I am not going to judge him for what he said, neither support him, for one has to be there to in which tone he said those things... Anyhow, there is a chance to see what he said in a positive way.

For example, look at him as an elder brother, wanting to get the best by a bit scolding.... sometimes we need to get a push to move in the right direction, for maybe he meant, that Gurbani is so much valuable and rich, that it is a pity, while being sikhs, yet we fail to make the most of it for ourselves spiritually ....

You see, it a good sign you get so much "rus" by listening to the Bani, of course it is by  His blessings, for  having even those sentiments.

But brother believe me also, the maximum benefit from the Bani, is by following implicitly what is said in the Bani, which is to engage oneself in His Bhakti  with utter love and devotion.

Sometimes, one is dry, it mattters not, the thing is "doing it";  automatically one will get that pyar and sharda, let us not try to analyse ourselves so much, we have to totally submit ourselves as we are, at His Lotus Feet.

For only by doing so, we can get mukti from the mayavee creation, and merge in Him, our origin.

This is all what Gurbani is about, which our beloved Guru Sahiban and Bhagat Jan, have shared His wadeeayee with us  ignorant jeevas.

Stay blessed.

SSA.

First of all veer ji its really terrible that what you have been feeling especially the way you have written the post its really vile disguisting behaviour by that jatha as how it has effected you.

There is a old saying "beware of the false prophet" which totally applies to these people who are parcharaks and the impact that it has on you.

That guy is not even a small ant who walks under Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale and who does he think he is saying the comment about understanding Sukhmani Sahib when Baba Jis mind brain is way bigger than his peanut size brain.

Here is a link with Sukhmani Sahib Katha from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji that Baba Ji did and its got more knowledge then any of these jathas you will see or hear in the gurdwara.

I myself was in a same situation once where i didn't know japji sahib or even half of the banis that i do nowdays. But its all Wahegurus kirpa.

This guy i remember one time says to me a few years before i had gotten into nitnem banis. He said "oh roman english is not the same as gurmuki punjabi gutka". 

I ignored that guy cos he was a very ego proudy person at that time. As i don't let these stuff get to me.

But its not a nice moment though to remember cos i can see how it has effected you in the same way when i remember those words i get annoyed and its not a nice feeling.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=/Katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Gurbachan_Singh_(Bhindran_wale)/Guru_Granth_Sahib_Larivaar_Katha/Volume_04_Ang_0250-0346

Also veer ji i remember another time when i was at a outdoor event for a samgam in London as there were quite a lot of Sikh stalls selling dharamic stuff i wanted a large size english roman gutka with panj banis as that one at the time was small to read and my eyes would hurt. 

So anyway i am asking a few people if they sell any gutkas in english. 

One of the guys who met i found him unpleasent at the time as i asked him about the gutka pothis. He said "oh have you thought about learning gurmuki punjabi ?" 

I was shocked by this remark and got annoyed a lot so i questioned that does he know these banis and that what he do his paath from. 

I properly put him down and he had no answer nor his other stall guy as he questioned him which made me feel happy.

• 8 months later...

I was doing braham kavach for my mom's wellness. She said you cant do it during menstrual cycle but you can listen to it because giani thakur singh ji said that, is that true, because it will break my routine.

1 hour ago, Guest Kaur said:

I was doing braham kavach for my mom's wellness. She said you cant do it during menstrual cycle but you can listen to it because giani thakur singh ji said that, is that true, because it will break my routine.

Its fine bhen ji to play audio track of bramh kavach is ok as he did say so. Its really good bhen ji that you are trying your best to read this mahaan bani keep it up !!!👍

• 2 years later...