Time of No Relgion

SinghMunda

Whenever or wherever in the history of the world, meaning the early days of mankind, there was no religion was there? I mean like one of the 6 major religions in the world today, not counting paganism/polytheism/idol worship. So if people had absolutely no religion or reason for the belief in God, how could they achieve the ultimate goal of life? This is more of a question to satisfy the views of any atheists out there rather than my own. My own views is that maybe God decided these people didn't deserve religion yet, or were going to have to go through several cycles of life before getting this honour. I just want to satisfy atheist/agnostic questions because some say that if people haven't been worshipping God from the beginning of mankind's time, this prooves God was merely invented later on.

Please reply thoughtfully, and please correst me if you find any fault with my own beliefs with reference of GGSJ or any other writings of the Guru.

I also have a feeling that Hinduism may even be able to explain this...

• 11 years later...

Dear SinghMunda Jee,

let me give a try to answer your queries as best as possible... o.k?

Whenever or wherever in the history of the world, meaning the early days of mankind, there was no religion was there?

I mean like one of the 6 major religions in the world today, not counting paganism/polytheism/idol worship.

So if people had absolutely no religion or reason for the belief in God, how could they achieve the ultimate goal of life?

To these your above lines, the Bani says in tis way: Jug chaare Nam outam, Shabad veechar.

This means: Throughout the four ages, the Naam is the ultimate; reflect upon the Word of the Shabad
Raag Gauri Guaarayree, Bani Dhan Dhan Guru Amar Das Maharaj.

This is more of a question to satisfy the views of any atheists out there rather than my own.

My own views is that maybe God decided these people didn't deserve religion yet, or were going to have to go through several cycles of life before getting this honour.

No no no .... This statement is not correct.

As seen above in Guru Jee´s words, throughout all the yugas, it is the path of Nam / Shabad, by which the soul returns home.

You see, times may have changed, climatical conditions, the world´s envoirements may have changed, even at our physical level, before reaching mankind at today´s position, many changes have ocurred, but, the thing is, mind and soul as subtle entities, have and shall always remain the same... so naturally, the path advised by Guru Sahibans has to be same .

If the Lord is one, naturally, the path leading to Him has to be the same for all, whether some believ it or not, that is a different thing, due to their karmas, but the path for the soul´s returning back to Sach Khand, was and shall remain the same, as long as countless creations or parlays take place...

There has not been any molecular or cellular changes in their essence,so, the path of going to Wahiguru,

is the same, and always shall be the same, for any soul willing to go back.

And these words are not mine, they are the very words of Guru Jee, they are eternal, for all mankind, irrespective of color, caste and creed.

Sikhee is a path for spiritual growth and progress of the soul, until one merges in Wahiguru .

I just want to satisfy atheist/agnostic questions because some say that if people haven't been worshipping God from the beginning of mankind's time, this prooves God was merely invented later on.

Please reply thoughtfully, and please correct me if you find any fault with my own beliefs with reference of GGSJ or any other writings of the Guru.
I also have a feeling that Hinduism may even be able to explain this...

It is not arrogance, but brother, I do not believe, that out of sikhee(Gurmat), one may get satisfactory answers in 100%, provided, one is lucky to come in contact of a Gurmukh, not otherwise .... and luckily, Wahiguru has not stopped sending His Gurmukhs ....

This is His utter Grace on us paapee jeevas...

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000