Sikh History At Gurdwara Methiyana

these are some pics which i took when i went to this gurdwara in india.. great statues outside which show sikh history!

.. i jus scanned em today.. hope ya like em :D ill post some more up lata - picture hosting is hard to find :?

56 WARNING!!! LOL.. THEY MIGHT TAKE SOME TIME TO LOAD SO BE PATIENT :D

best viewed at 1125 x 856 resolution

gurdwara_methiana_-_________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-___________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-_______________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-________________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-_________________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-_____________________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-______________________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_-____________________________.jpg

gurdwara_methiana_guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

Guest BikramjitSingh

sukh i cant remember the exact place... but its in ludhiana near by the nanaksar gurdwara :D

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

This Gurdwara is about 25kms from my home village. The correct name of the Gurdwara is actually Medhiyana. But locally it's pronounced Methiyana. This Gurdwara is about 20 km south west of Jagroan between the better known villages of Manuke, Dehrke, Mallah, Chakar and Lakha. The Guru Gobind Singh Marg which connects all the places visited by Guru Gobind Singh from Anandpur Sahib to Talwandi Sabo links this Gurdwara.

I visited this Gurdwara during the first visit to India in 1988, at that time there were only a few statues but since then more have been added. There is also a small museum at this Gurdwara but it is mainly a collection of paintings telling of the events of Guru Gobind Singh from Anandpur Sahib to Talwandi Sabo. I think the statues were cast by the the Mistris of the village but the painting of the statues was done by Tara Singh from the nearby town of Raikot.

The easiest way to get to the Gurdwara is to get to Raikot and then hire a taxi from there. If you're coming from Ludhiana or Ferozepur side on the GT road then it's better to get a taxi from the town of Jagraon.

GurFateh

Bikramjit