Marriage Institution :: a Challenge or just a Compromise...

Marriage is An Institution... a Challenge or just a Compromise...

Why it is said that the craze of marriage is only for six months or a year? Why is this thinking prevaling in our Society? And how we can feel this bliss for the whole life?

How can we run the marriage institution smoothly and What Gurbani has to say about this?

Can anyone in this forum elaborate on this topic which I think is the need of the hour... coz now in our society Divorce is very common... What are the reasonz?

the main reason i can think of is the lack of sikhi in our society....

today...99% of families looking for a suitable match for their child are looking for a well educated, wealthy, and high standing family and specify which caste...

no mention of gursikhi...

until that trend stops and they dont have guru jis blessings how do they hope for success??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator: Edited to keep it under rules.

You are absolutely right Jassa...

But not getting in to blame game... becasue discussion has to move on...

How can we resolve the difference of opinions between;

1. Husband & wife;

2. wife & her in-laws;

3. husband & his in laws;

4. Most importantly, between wife & his mother, coz a wife comes and shares the love and attention of husband... which was xclusively for the mother before marriage...

• 1 month later...

I really wonder what we get to know about each other in a courtship period... the girl hardly ever gets to go to her new home for rest of her life... And they both meet each other outside their homes and the girl doesnt get a chance to get accustomed with the activities of other family members, with whom she has to putup entire her life...

In love marriage the situation is even more precarious... Love marriage is usually based on living in a wonderland and too much expectations which are latter on shattered, when the reality stares in our face... Remember the Golden Rule: Expectations kill a relationship...

I think the Golden period of marriage should not be the courtship period rather it should begin after marriage... and it should last a lifetime... but alas!! it seldom happens... though I think 6 months courtship period is good enough for both the persons to understand atleast somewthings of each other...

But too long a courtship period could result in heart burns and burnout cases... :roll: