Quotes from AMRIT BANI

(869-9)
kar namaskaar pooray gurdayv.
Humbly bow to the Perfect  Guru

(869-9)
safal moorat safal jaa kee sayv.
Fruitful is His image, and fruitful is service to Him.

(869-9)
antarjaamee purakh biDhaataa.
He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, the Architect of Destiny.

(869-9)
aath pahar naam rang raataa. ||1||
Twenty-four hours a day, he remains imbued with the love of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

*For those who think Nam japna is a minor or insignificant mode of devotion to be performed , Guru Jee tells us in the above verses that even the Divine Guru, none other than He Himself, is lovingly absorbed all the 24 hours in the meditative state on Nam.

Mahima on the love and devotion to Nam simran is apaar in Gurbani, yet we take it lightly or push it  back as something secondary when it comes in terms of our devotion towards Him.

ਦੁਆਰਹਿਦੁਆਰਿਸੁਆਨਜਿਉਡੋਲਤਨਹਸੁਧਰਾਮਭਜਨਕੀ॥੧॥

Dhuaarehi Dhuaar Suaan Jio Ddolath Neh Sudhh Raam Bhajan Kee ||1||

You wander from door to door like a dog, unconscious of the Lord's meditation. ||1||

ਮਾਨਸਜਨਮਅਕਾਰਥਖੋਵਤਲਾਜਲੋਕਹਸਨਕੀ

Maanas Janam Akaarathh Khovath Laaj N Lok Hasan Kee ||

You lose this human life in vain, and You are not even ashamed when others laugh at you.

ਨਾਨਕਹਰਿਜਸੁਕਿਉਨਹੀਗਾਵਤਕੁਮਤਿਬਿਨਾਸੈਤਨਕੀ॥੨॥੧॥੨੩੩॥

Naanak Har Jas Kio Nehee Gaavath Kumath Binaasai Than Kee ||2||1||233||

O Nanak, why not sing the Lord's Praises, so that you may be rid of the body's evil disposition? ||2||1||233||

Regarding the supreme and sole importance of Nam in our lives, following are some priceless sat bachans from Guru Jee:

ਬਿਨੁਨਾਵੈਸੂਤਕੁਜਗਿਛੋਤਿ

Bin Naavai Soothak Jag Shhoth ||

बिनु नावै सूतकु जगि छोति ॥

Without the Name, the world (all and everything in it) is defiled and untouchable.

ਬਿਨੁਨਾਵੈਕਿਆਲਹਸਿਨਿਦਾਨਿ॥੬॥

Bin Naavai Kiaa Lehas Nidhaan ||6||

Without the Name, what can the fool obtain? 

*To those who try to reach the Lord with all other practices but not Nam, Guru Jee calls them fools, for they can at most obtain Swarg or Baikunth, but not the realm of the True Lord Waheguru.

Q)Dear Guru Jee, what ardaas should one place before Him?

A)Listen carefully my dear sikh:

ਹਰਿਜੀਉਆਗੈਕਰੀਅਰਦਾਸਿ

Har Jeeo Aagai Karee Aradhaas ||

I offer that prayer to the Lord,

ਸਾਧੂਜਨਸੰਗਤਿਹੋਇਨਿਵਾਸੁ

Saadhhoo Jan Sangath Hoe Nivaas ||

That I might dwell in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

ਕਿਲਵਿਖਦੁਖਕਾਟੇਹਰਿਨਾਮੁਪ੍ਰਗਾਸੁ॥੯॥

Kilavikh Dhukh Kaattae Har Naam Pragaas ||9||

For there, sins and sufferings are erased, and one is illumined with the Lord's Name. ||9||

Q) Dear Guru Jee, please tell us  how can we please You?

A) dear sikh, listen carefully and keep it fixed in your mind at all times:

ਜੋਸਾਸਿਗਿਰਾਸਿਧਿਆਏਮੇਰਾਹਰਿਹਰਿਸੋਗੁਰਸਿਖੁਗੁਰੂਮਨਿਭਾਵੈ॥

Jo Saas Giraas Dhhiaaeae Maeraa Har Har So Gurasikh Guroo Man Bhaavai ||

One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

*Note: here Guru Jee is telling us that if we want to please Him, we should remember Him at all times through His simran. 

Yet sadly many arise questions by saying it is foolish in engaging in this highest devotion as regarded by Guru Jee.

What a pitiful scene, they who say such nonsense themselves are blind and lead others to the dark pitch of deep ignorance.

Q) Dear Guru Jee how can I wash my sins?

A) dear sikh, listen carefully and follow it implicitly if you want to become clean and pure:

ਅਵਰੁਨਅਉਖਧੁਤੰਤਨਮੰਤਾ॥

Avar N Aoukhadhh Thanth N Manthaa ||

There is no other medicine, Tantric charm or mantra.

ਹਰਿਹਰਿਸਿਮਰਣੁਕਿਲਵਿਖਹੰਤਾ॥

Har Har Simaran Kilavikh Hanthaa ||

For meditative remembrance alone upon the Lord, Har, Har, destroys sins.

Q), Guru Jee, I desire to see Him, what should I do?

A) Please  listen carefully:

ਰਾਮੁਜਪਹੁਮੇਰੀਸਖੀਸਖੈਨੀ॥

Raam Japahu Maeree Sakhee Sakhainee ||

Meditate on the Lord by repeating His name, O my friends and companions.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁਸੇਵਿਦੇਖਹੁਪ੍ਰਭੁਨੈਨੀ॥੧॥ਰਹਾਉ॥

Sathigur Saev Dhaekhahu Prabh Nainee ||1|| Rehaao ||

for by devoting yourself as prescribed by the Guru, you shall behold God with your eyes. 

Q) Dear Sachay Patshah, how would you summarize the essence of true spirituality in a single verse for a limited manmukh like me?

A) ਮੈਇਕੁਨਾਮੁਨਵੀਸਰੈਸਾਚੇਗੁਰਬੁਧਿ॥੨॥

Mai Eik Naam N Veesarai Saachae Gur Budhh ||2||

May I never forget the Naam, the Name of the One Lord. This is the wisdom of the True Guru. ||2||

On 10/26/2020 at 10:32 PM, harsharan000 said:

Q) Dear Sachay Patshah, how would you summarize the essence of true spirituality in a single verse for a limited manmukh like me?

A) ਮੈਇਕੁਨਾਮੁਨਵੀਸਰੈਸਾਚੇਗੁਰਬੁਧਿ॥੨॥

Mai Eik Naam N Veesarai Saachae Gur Budhh ||2||

May I never forget the Naam, the Name of the One Lord. This is the wisdom of the True Guru. ||2||

Bro, I just love your posts, for bringing out the best contents related to pure spirituality from the perspective of  sikhee or Gurbani.

Please keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sikhilove

I wanted to know if you understood my earlier post?  I don't mind trying to delve into further depths of gurbani so that we can discuss and show why I agreed with @harsharan000  ji's earlier posts explaining why doing good deeds alone contributes to fulfilling karams and not naam kamaye of sacha jeevan -truthful living. I believe it's imperative to understand and differentiate between what karams and naam kamayee are.so that one can start climbing the pauris as per gurbani.

• 3 weeks later...

Q) Dearest Guru Jee, why is it that if throughout Gurbani supreme importance of devotion of Nam bhakti is told us to be practiced, yet people try so many ways mainly due accordingly to their understanding and perception of what bhakti is all about ?

A) Dear sikh, please do understand that absolutely nobody can do this pure and highest bhakti of Nam by themselves, as seen in the following verse of Sree Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj:

ਜਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਆਪਨ ਨਾਇ ਲਾਵੈ 

Jis Bhaavai This Aapan Naae Laavai ||

He attaches whomever He pleases to His Name.

*It is absolutely in His hands, that to whom He wants to pull back to Himself,  He attaches that jeev atma into the bhakti of His holy Name.

Others will just swim above it, or find it boring and ignore it.

Q) Dear Guru Jee, after giving us the sat gyan through the Bani out of Your apaar grace, is there anything which You would like to tell me and give me as your parsad in simple words?

A) Yes my dear sikh, leave everything aside if you want to meet and see me in my true Shabad roop within, faithfully  keep in mind this my hukum at all times:

ਏਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਬੁਝਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥੫॥

Eaeko Naam Hukam Hai Naanak Sathigur Dheeaa Bujhaae Jeeo ||5||

The One Name is the Lord's Command; O Nanak, the True Guru has given me this understanding. ||5||

Q) Dearest Guru Jee, how to recognize His grace on someone, I mean, what are the signs of that His blessings?

A) Indeed a avery good question my dear sikh, please listen carefully :

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲੇ ਸੋ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲਿ ॥

Jis No Kirapaa Karae Gur Maelae So Har Har Naam Samaal ||

Those whom the Lord  in His Mercy unites with the Guru, reflect(meditate) upon the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.