Anyone own a cat (or cats) here?

Anyone own a cat (or cats) here? My family had one when I was a toddler (40 years ago). 

I got one that's been hanging around my garden lately. Would like to know more about them. 

Any experts? 

• 1 month later...

cats are a bad choice for pets.   They are not like dogs. A dog trains to respect, protect and answer to his owner.  The owner becomes master and the dog obeys.

Cats, on the other hand,  don't like to respond to humans. Even if you give them a name, the cat will only respond or come to you if it feels like it. Mostl, when you have some milk or plate of food..  Cats just use humans. They wander off and roam the streets all day just pissin about making territories, they ONLY come back when its time to slep or eat some grub.  

What do I think of cats?  … dirty, arrogant, manipulative,  don't respond to "no",   evil little monsters.. 

Koreans and Vietnamese got it right. They don't keep cats as pets, they cook'em up and eat them.

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

cats are a bad choice for pets.   They are not like dogs. A dog trains to respect, protect and answer to his owner.  The owner becomes master and the dog obeys.

Cats, on the other hand,  don't like to respond to humans. Even if you give them a name, the cat will only respond or come to you if it feels like it. Mostl, when you have some milk or plate of food..  Cats just use humans. They wander off and roam the streets all day just pissin about making territories, they ONLY come back when its time to slep or eat some grub.  

What do I think of cats?  … dirty, arrogant, manipulative,  don't respond to "no",   evil little monsters.. 

Koreans and Vietnamese got it right. They don't keep cats as pets, they cook'em up and eat them.

You are right veer ji i don't like cats at all either i can't stand them at all.

Dogs are ok though as they are cute and nice to look at as well.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Now I love dogs, but it has to be said, they are in some ways like having a retarded follower 

What? retarded?

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, dalsingh101 said:

that is completely dependent on you. Go missing for a few days, or just leave it outside for a few hours to fend for itself and it will be in serious trouble. 

It respects it's master and acknowledges who owns it. Dog's can survive very well on their own in their natural habitats like Huskies. But generally, the problem of today's dogs is that they've been too domesticated and yes, they do end up in malnutrition/ill states when abandoned. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gave a catnip toy to the cat. Boy is that a sight to see!!!!

Cat acted high as f**k! lol

• 2 months later...

Just had a crazy experience earlier. lol

Was chilling in the kitchen making breakfast, feeling good, because paat and simran has been a little bit on point after a prolonged period of slackness (new years resolutions and all that), when I saw (through the window) that cat darting into the garden with a damn kabooter in its mouth! 

I ran outside and he threw the pigeon which ran into some thickets (it seemed wounded) and the cat was prowling around trying to get at it. I tempted the cat inside with some treats for a while and locked him in. After a while I tricked the cat into another room and went outside and didn't see the kabooter (I'm hoping it flew off). The cat was agitated and after I felt the pigeon was gone I let it out. It was running around looking for it. 

Nature is crazy as heck. 

9 hours ago, tva prasad said:

Funny how cats love birds but don't even make an effort chase mice these days. The only thing I like cats is that they are supposed to eat rats and mice.

This cat will chase mice or anything else. I've sort of adopted it (more like it has adopted me), but it is a proper outside cat and doesn't like it inside unless it is proper freezing outside, when it might stay indoors for the night. 

20 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

This cat will chase mice or anything else. I've sort of adopted it (more like it has adopted me), but it is a proper outside cat and doesn't like it inside unless it is proper freezing outside, when it might stay indoors for the night. 

Oh that's neat.

One time my friend got rats and they bought a cat who was totally useless, lol. Maybe some cats are too domesticated.

11 hours ago, tva prasad said:

Oh that's neat.

One time my friend got rats and they bought a cat who was totally useless, lol. Maybe some cats are too domesticated.

Hmmmm.... that's interesting. 

Maybe it was one of those constantly indoors, overweight, excessively pampered cats? 

The one from my garden can move so quickly that it shocks me. It's always hunting around, or play hunting. When I used one of those laser pens to play with it, I was flabbergasted at how agile and swiftly it moved. Then it does crazy things like jump off my neighbours extension onto the garden fence, which is is like a 1 inch thick piece of wood. The agility and dexterity of the animal is mesmerising. Sometimes I swear it is showing off. 

I think this one might be a high energy, teenage cat? 

15 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Hmmmm.... that's interesting. 

Maybe it was one of those constantly indoors, overweight, excessively pampered cats? 

The one from my garden can move so quickly that it shocks me. It's always hunting around, or play hunting. When I used one of those laser pens to play with it, I was flabbergasted at how agile and swiftly it moved. Then it does crazy things like jump off my neighbours extension onto the garden fence, which is is like a 1 inch thick piece of wood. The agility and dexterity of the animal is mesmerising. Sometimes I swear it is showing off. 

I think this one might be a high energy, teenage cat? 

Yeah, it was sort of overweight. I went to their house and it barely moved, lol. 

I like those type of cats. It's great, you'll never get mice/rats/birds in your backyard destroying your garden. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/9/2020 at 8:23 PM, Guest Jably said:

Is this you?

Nah. At most I might give the cat a single leaf, now and then. The guy in the vid seems to be piling it on.......lol

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2019 at 3:32 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Just had a crazy experience earlier. lol

Was chilling in the kitchen making breakfast, feeling good, because paat and simran has been a little bit on point after a prolonged period of slackness (new years resolutions and all that), when I saw (through the window) that cat darting into the garden with a damn kabooter in its mouth! 

I ran outside and he threw the pigeon which ran into some thickets (it seemed wounded) and the cat was prowling around trying to get at it. I tempted the cat inside with some treats for a while and locked him in. After a while I tricked the cat into another room and went outside and didn't see the kabooter (I'm hoping it flew off). The cat was agitated and after I felt the pigeon was gone I let it out. It was running around looking for it. 

Nature is crazy as heck. 

How is the cat  ? What breed is it ?

We had a kabootar in our garden a few years ago, who had been attacked by a cat and we called RSPCA but they couldn't save the kabootar. We were upset

5 hours ago, Premi said:

How is the cat  ? What breed is it ?

We had a kabootar in our garden a few years ago, who had been attacked by a cat and we called RSPCA but they couldn't save the kabootar. We were upset

It's just a tabby. Cat is fine. 

It's adopted me properly. Stays around most nights. I have to be careful about leaving windows open because she catches mice and brings them inside! lol 

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Payin her way. Lol. 

Last week she snuck a live baby mouse into my bedroom........ I only noticed because she was chasing it around like they do (they are obviously using them for hunting practice). Luckily I caught it very quickly (in a spare old vest that I threw away after) and set it free outside.

Cat was baffled looking for it everywhere in the house. lol!