Battling Addiction with Gurbani

Jageera

2 hours ago, Sikhilove said:

True. For me, drinking alcohol felt like drowning in a deep dark well of negativity. I wouldn’t go back there. Good for you on being sober too. 

Veer ji that does sound like a horrible ordeal which you must have been through. Luckly dass has never touched any drugs,alcohol or smoking material which is guru sahib jis kirpa in my life.

58 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji that does sound like a horrible ordeal which you must have been through. Luckly dass has never touched any drugs,alcohol or smoking material which is guru sahib jis kirpa in my life.

Lol I’m a bhenji. You’re truly not missing out on anything. Sometimes, it can take falling down that well of negativity and pain, to fully appreciate the light. And so we lift ourselves out of the darkness and into the light with a greater force. 

Hence Dukhi, pain can be a blessing, as I have learned. 

On 9/26/2020 at 12:42 AM, Sikhilove said:

Lol I’m a bhenji. You’re truly not missing out on anything. Sometimes, it can take falling down that well of negativity and pain, to fully appreciate the light. And so we lift ourselves out of the darkness and into the light with a greater force. 

Hence Dukhi, pain can be a blessing, as I have learned. 

Sorry bhen ji i was mistaken lol. You are 100% correct as it does need to be shown the path of darkeness before we can value the light. Also guru sahib jis kirpa is need to get out of the dark circle which you mentioned.

On 9/27/2020 at 1:19 AM, Soulfinder said:

Sorry bhen ji i was mistaken lol. You are 100% correct as it does need to be shown the path of darkeness before we can value the light. Also guru sahib jis kirpa is need to get out of the dark circle which you mentioned.

To be a bhagat, you need to recognize the dark and light as God. Love is the reality, and it’s the good and the bad, the Dukh and the Sukh. The reality isn’t all just beauty and sunshine. It’s both the dark and the light for All is Him. 

23 hours ago, Sikhilove said:

To be a bhagat, you need to recognize the dark and light as God. Love is the reality, and it’s the good and the bad, the Dukh and the Sukh. The reality isn’t all just beauty and sunshine. It’s both the dark and the light for All is Him. 

Sikhilove jee, 

your above description of  Him, sorry to say, but it is far from reality, for to say that light and dark, or, dukh and sukh, are all Him, is incorrect, for these are pair of opposites, which is known as duality.

Sun can only give light not darkness. He also can only give light and sukh among other virtues, as He is the embodiment of infinite virtues.

It is we who may turn our back towards Him, thus have darkness and pain as our invitees due to our own manmukhta and agyanta, but absolutely not because of Him, for He is Har, the daatar of sarab sukh, countless millions of suns and moons put all together, would be but a pale and dim light in His comparison.

Maybe if you say, that in darkness and in pain, He can be with us, if we choose so, then it can be acceptable.

So let us stop making Him look as per our fancy distorted limited view.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:56 AM, SunnySingh said:

Sikhilove jee, 

your above description of  Him, sorry to say, but it is far from reality, for to say that light and dark, or, dukh and sukh, are all Him, is incorrect, for these are pair of opposites, which is known as duality.

Sun can only give light not darkness. He also can only give light and sukh among other virtues, as He is the embodiment of infinite virtues.

It is we who may turn our back towards Him, thus have darkness and pain as our invitees due to our own manmukhta and agyanta, but absolutely not because of Him, for He is Har, the daatar of sarab sukh, countless millions of suns and moons put all together, would be but a pale and dim light in His comparison.

Maybe if you say, that in darkness and in pain, He can be with us, if we choose so, then it can be acceptable.

So let us stop making Him look as per our fancy distorted limited view.

He feeds us Dukh and sukh. Gurbani tells us that pleasure is the disease and pain is the remedy. The angel is him, the demon is him. Once we recognize this, we can live behind Fear and experience Only Love. 

We don’t accept negative forms. We accept that they are Him. Hence what can we fear, for we see him in different roops, different costumes. Then we are able to Live and Let Live, because it’s all Karam, it’s all His Hukam. The universe is as it’s supposed to be, perfect in each moment. 

Just now, Sikhilove said:

He feeds us Dukh and sukh. Gurbani tells us that pleasure is the disease and pain is the remedy. The angel is him, the demon is him. Once we recognize this, we can live behind Fear and experience Only Love. 

We don’t accept negative forms. We accept that they are Him. Hence what can we fear, for we see him in different roops, different costumes. Then we are able to Live and Let Live, because it’s all Karam, it’s all His Hukam. The universe is as it’s supposed to be, perfect in each moment. 

Every single being in the Universe is in search of Truth/Him. Many in ego refuse to recognize Him, without realizing that they wake up to the Sun that is Him, sleep in His moonlight, eat the food that is Him, sleep in the bed that is Him, speak to friends who are Him, and dress themselves in clothes and deem themselves to be beautiful, when All is Him. We are One, whether we are in the darkness of ignorance or not. 

18 hours ago, Sikhilove said:

Every single being in the Universe is in search of Truth/Him. Many in ego refuse to recognize Him, without realizing that they wake up to the Sun that is Him, sleep in His moonlight, eat the food that is Him, sleep in the bed that is Him, speak to friends who are Him, and dress themselves in clothes and deem themselves to be beautiful, when All is Him. We are One, whether we are in the darkness of ignorance or not. 

Sikihilove Ji,

I think you are mixing the Creator (True and eternal) with His creation which is transitory and perishable.

All dukh sukh, janam-maraan, rich poor, health sickness, light and darkness......etc,  are due to some cause for which they exist and do end at some point,  and  this is all a khel of duality or call it pair of opposites which are projected by Him, yet,  while He having created all that, He is above all that paraphernalia, for He alone can and does exist by Himself.

He is Saebhaang, self supporrtive as stated in the mool mantar.

It is ignorance and incorrect to mistake Him with His creation.

For as the bani says:

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਸਭ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਛਾਰੁ ॥੧॥

Naam Binaa Sabh Dhuneeaa Shhaar ||1||

Without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the whole world is just ashes.

So you see, one thing is the the Truth, Lord Waheguru, other thing is everything else, which is not Him, but just ashes, which are not Him

Please support your statements with direct quotations from Gurbani, otherwise it is just your imagination.

We should give our opinions freely here and wherever needed, but when it is reffered to Him, Gurbani should be our support, otherwise we can lead others to our lower mind which is quite bad.

Maybe I am not at that level, but I have a hard time accepting/understanding what Sikhi Love is saying. Usually it's this type of thought that leads to distorted views of reality and people start believing that, "I am god", or "I create my own reality". And, as a result of that, they just get an excuse to live life and ignore what happening here or after death. In the end, they end up living their entire life lying to themselves, and fail to do anything worthwhile, and who knows that fate of these people after death. Reality is one. It does not change to your perception. 

I am talking about this because I also suffered from that type of thinking for a bit. It's best for me to see Akal Purkh as the most high, the one True King. And that's how it is. Rest I don't know. 

21 hours ago, Sikhilove said:

If what Sikhi love is saying is to accept his hukam and just be, what about Dharam Yudh? What about all this evil behind the scenes. We have been given this body to practice Dharma and grow spiritually, that's it. Earth is a karam bhoomi, not a heaven. To accept the world the way it is and just live is weakness. And weakness is against Sikhi.  

17 hours ago, kidsama said:

Maybe I am not at that level, but I have a hard time accepting/understanding what Sikhi Love is saying. Usually it's this type of thought that leads to distorted views of reality and people start believing that, "I am god", or "I create my own reality". And, as a result of that, they just get an excuse to live life and ignore what happening here or after death. In the end, they end up living their entire life lying to themselves, and fail to do anything worthwhile, and who knows that fate of these people after death. Reality is one. It does not change to your perception. 

I am talking about this because I also suffered from that type of thinking for a bit. It's best for me to see Akal Purkh as the most high, the one True King. And that's how it is. Rest I don't know. 

If what Sikhi love is saying is to accept his hukam and just be, what about Dharam Yudh? What about all this evil behind the scenes. We have been given this body to practice Dharma and grow spiritually, that's it. Earth is a karam bhoomi, not a heaven. To accept the world the way it is and just live is weakness. And weakness is against Sikhi.  

Guru: 

ਬਾਜੀਗਰਿ ਜੈਸੇ ਬਾਜੀ ਪਾਈ  
बाजीगरि जैसे बाजी पाई ॥ 
Bājīgar jaise bājī pā▫ī. 
The actor stages the play, 

ਨਾਨਾ ਰੂਪ ਭੇਖ ਦਿਖਲਾਈ  
नाना रूप भेख दिखलाई ॥ 
Nānā rūp bẖekẖ ḏikẖlā▫ī. 
playing the many characters in different costumes; 

ਸਾਂਗੁ ਉਤਾਰਿ ਥੰਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਓ ਪਾਸਾਰਾ  
सांगु उतारि थम्हिओ पासारा ॥ 
Sāʼng uṯār thamiĥa▫o pāsārā. 
but when the play ends, he takes off the costumes, 

ਤਬ ਏਕੋ ਏਕੰਕਾਰਾ ॥੧॥ 
तब एको एकंकारा ॥१॥ 
Ŧab eko ekankārā. ||1|| 
and then he is one, and only one. ||1|| 

19 hours ago, SunnySingh said:

Sikihilove Ji,

I think you are mixing the Creator (True and eternal) with His creation which is transitory and perishable.

All dukh sukh, janam-maraan, rich poor, health sickness, light and darkness......etc,  are due to some cause for which they exist and do end at some point,  and  this is all a khel of duality or call it pair of opposites which are projected by Him, yet,  while He having created all that, He is above all that paraphernalia, for He alone can and does exist by Himself.

For as the bani says:

So you see, one thing is the the Truth, Lord Waheguru, other thing is everything else, which is not Him, but just ashes, which are not Him

Please support your statements with direct quotations from Gurbani, otherwise it is just your imagination.

We should give our opinions freely here and wherever needed, but when it is reffered to Him, Gurbani should be our support, otherwise we can lead others to our lower mind which is quite bad.

He IS His Creation, and yet he remains detached from it in Truth. Dukh and Sukh are two sides of the same coin, ie Him. That’s why it’s duality. When you recognize the pain and pleasure, slander and praise to all be Him, them you’re free as you recognize the Truth. That’s detachment. It’s all khel, all is Karam. 

Naam is Truth, it’s God. Without Truth, all is an illusion, it’s temporal, subject to death and destruction, whereas Truth is Eternal. It has no image, no form, no color, only pure unconditional love.. a frequency beyond which mortals can comprehend. 

20 hours ago, SunnySingh said:

Sikihilove Ji,

For as the bani says:

He IS His Creation, and yet he remains detached from it in Truth. Dukh and Sukh are two sides of the same coin, ie Him. That’s why it’s duality. When you recognize the pain and pleasure, slander and praise to all be Him, them you’re free as you recognize the Truth. That’s detachment. It’s all khel, all is Karam. 

Naam is Truth, it’s God. Without Truth, all is an illusion, it’s temporal, subject to death and destruction, whereas Truth is Eternal. It has no image, no form, no color, only pure unconditional love.. a frequency beyond which mortals can comprehend. 

He Knows who He is... He knows He’s Truth, ie Sat. It’s us who wonder for ages in the illusion that we are seperate. When the drop is in the ocean and the ocean in the drop. 

Nagar mėh āp bāhar fun āpan parabẖ mere ko sagal baserā. 
You exist within the city, and beyond it as well; O my God, You are everywhere. 

ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਰਾਜਨੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਰਾਇਆ ਕਹ ਕਹ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਕਹ ਕਹ ਚੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ 
आपे ही राजनु आपे ही राइआ कह कह ठाकुरु कह कह चेरा ॥१॥ 
Āpe hī rājan āpe hī rā▫i▫ā kah kah ṯẖākur kah kah cẖerā. ||1|| 
You Yourself are the King, and You Yourself are the subject. In one place, You are the Lord and Master, and in another place, You are the slave. ||1|| 

ਕਾ ਕਉ ਦੁਰਾਉ ਕਾ ਸਿਉ ਬਲਬੰਚਾ ਜਹ ਜਹ ਪੇਖਉ ਤਹ ਤਹ ਨੇਰਾ  
का कउ दुराउ का सिउ बलबंचा जह जह पेखउ तह तह नेरा ॥ 
Kā ka▫o ḏurā▫o kā si▫o balbancẖā jah jah pekẖa▫o ṯah ṯah nerā. 
From whom should I hide? Whom should I try to deceive? Wherever I look, I see Him near at hand. 

ਸਾਧ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਗਰ ਬੂੰਦ ਨਹੀ ਅਨ ਹੇਰਾ ॥੨॥੧॥੧੧੭॥ 
साध मूरति गुरु भेटिओ नानक मिलि सागर बूंद नही अन हेरा ॥२॥१॥११७॥ 
Sāḏẖ mūraṯ gur bẖeti▫o Nānak mil sāgar būnḏ nahī an herā. ||2||1||117|| 
I have met with Guru Nanak, the Embodiment of the Holy Saints. When the drop of water merges into the ocean, it cannot be distinguished as separate again. ||2||1||117|| 

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ   

On 10/4/2020 at 2:15 AM, kidsama said:

@SikhiloveDo you believe in Dharama Raj? Do you believe in hell(s) where souls are tortured? 

I believe gurbani. The khel is beyond logic. Everything is Karam and everything is a khel, derived from Nothing. If one goes to hell, it’s Karam. But in reality hell is an illusion as is the khel. It’s beyond logic. We cannot comprehend it, using worldly logic... it can only be experienced and felt. And the path of Truth discovery never ends.  

Try reading and applying the gyan of gurbani to your life (Truthful living) and taking to long simran sessions from 12pm onwards. Go deep into your samadhi and discover it. 

On 10/5/2020 at 11:06 AM, Sikhilove said:

I believe gurbani. The khel is beyond logic. Everything is Karam and everything is a khel, derived from Nothing. If one goes to hell, it’s Karam. But in reality hell is an illusion as is the khel. It’s beyond logic. We cannot comprehend it, using worldly logic... it can only be experienced and felt. And the path of Truth discovery never ends.  

Try reading and applying the gyan of gurbani to your life (Truthful living) and taking to long simran sessions from 12pm onwards. Go deep into your samadhi and discover it. 

Well Sikhilove Ji,

there are many things which you say with which I do not agree, but yet are respectful, as not all of us are at the same consciouss level, so no need to further arguments which leads nowhere but to bitterness, inspite of that,  I would just like to bring forward a couple of simple, clarifying and inspiring verses from Guru Jee in reference to what we are talking about: 

ਦੁਨੀਆ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਪਾਰੋ ॥

Dhuneeaa Saagar Dhuthar Keheeai Kio Kar Paaeeai Paaro ||

दुनीआ सागरु दुतरु कहीऐ किउ करि पाईऐ पारो ॥

"The world-ocean is treacherous and impassable; how can one cross over?

*Note: Here Guru Jee is telling us that, inspite of any maya - khel, the fact is we are caught into it.  The several gross and subtle dimensions maybe illusionary and false or perishable in a certain time period, but the jeevas, the atmas, caught into its snares for whatever reasons, are real as He Himself, as they are rays of that imperishable and eternal Truth known as Satnam.

ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਭਵ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਤਰੀਐ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੇ ॥

Surath Sabadh Bhav Saagar Thareeai Naanak Naam Vakhaanae ||

सुरति सबदि भव सागरु तरीऐ नानक नामु वखाणे ॥

With one's consciousness focused on the Word of the Shabad, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean. O Nanak, chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

*Note: In this verse, Guru Sahiban is revealing us, the simplest way to get out of that khel, which otherwise would be as good as impossible, so out of His infinite mercy and love for us jeevas, He is saying that if you want to release yourself from this my created khel, you have to catch on something which is the only changeless and flawless Truth, and that is His Nam.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:18 PM, Sikhilove said:

ਸਾਧ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਗਰ ਬੂੰਦ ਨਹੀ ਅਨ ਹੇਰਾ ॥੨॥੧॥੧੧੭॥ 
साध मूरति गुरु भेटिओ नानक मिलि सागर बूंद नही अन हेरा ॥२॥१॥११७॥ 
Sāḏẖ mūraṯ gur bẖeti25ab.pngo Nānak mil sāgar būnḏ nahī an herā. ||2||1||117|| 
I have met with Guru Nanak, the Embodiment of the Holy Saints. When the drop of water merges into the ocean, it cannot be distinguished as separate again. ||2||1||117|| 

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ   

This is awesome.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:54 PM, SunnySingh said:

Well Sikhilove Ji,

there are many things which you say with which I do not agree, but yet are respectful, as not all of us are at the same consciouss level, so no need to further arguments which leads nowhere but to bitterness, inspite of that,  I would just like to bring forward a couple of simple, clarifying and inspiring verses from Guru Jee in reference to what we are talking about: 

ਦੁਨੀਆ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਦੁਤਰੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਪਾਰੋ ॥

Dhuneeaa Saagar Dhuthar Keheeai Kio Kar Paaeeai Paaro ||

दुनीआ सागरु दुतरु कहीऐ किउ करि पाईऐ पारो ॥

"The world-ocean is treacherous and impassable; how can one cross over?

*Note: Here Guru Jee is telling us that, inspite of any maya - khel, the fact is we are caught into it.  The several gross and subtle dimensions maybe illusionary and false or perishable in a certain time period, but the jeevas, the atmas, caught into its snares for whatever reasons, are real as He Himself, as they are rays of that imperishable and eternal Truth known as Satnam.

ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਭਵ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਤਰੀਐ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਖਾਣੇ ॥

Surath Sabadh Bhav Saagar Thareeai Naanak Naam Vakhaanae ||

सुरति सबदि भव सागरु तरीऐ नानक नामु वखाणे ॥

With one's consciousness focused on the Word of the Shabad, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean. O Nanak, chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

*Note: In this verse, Guru Sahiban is revealing us, the simplest way to get out of that khel, which otherwise would be as good as impossible, so out of His infinite mercy and love for us jeevas, He is saying that if you want to release yourself from this my created khel, you have to catch on something which is the only changeless and flawless Truth, and that is His Nam.

I agree with what you say. The bhagat needs everything, yet she/he needs Nothing. Heaven is positive, hell is negative, there is Dukh and sukh, angel and demon. Without practicing Truth, it’s duality. In practicing Truth, it’s all Truth, Nothing, Love, Him. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, Jageera said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Any members here have battled addiction before?Other than abstaining,finding a new crowd to mix with,exercising etc, did you use any spiritual method to help you abstain and quit intoxicants?Any specific Shabads,Paaths used?Appreciate any feedback.Thanks.

wjkk wjkf

Bro, have you tried Psychotherapy or Hypnotherapy?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 3/30/2021 at 12:17 PM, paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

Bro, have you tried Psychotherapy or Hypnotherapy?

Bhul chuk maaf

No never tried.Just cold turkey.Most of it is in the head,nothing much physical.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:20 PM, paapiman said:

Have you gotten your lungs checked out? What about a Liver check-up?

Bhul chuk maaf

My full  blood panel last year showed no abnormalities. Nothing much can be done for lungs. But a good product for lung health/strength is boiled crocodile skin with chinese herbs or dried crocodile meat made into soup. I feel the lungs get stronger after a 3 day course of this.Extremely good for lungs.