30,000 jaap of a shabad

Kaju

20 minutes ago, Kaju said:

How many jaaps do I need of a shabad to obtain the sidhi? Would I start to see the effects when I reach 30,000 Jaaps with concentration?

Its usually 125000 jaap of a shabad or mantar to do get a sidhi of the jaap.

Also needed is sucham like clean clothes one fixed time and keshi ishan for doing this sort of jaap sidhi.

But sometimes they can also backfire as well so its best to do it under a mahapursh or someone who has done sidhi before.

3 hours ago, jaikaara said:

i personally feel that just like there are some degrees which are not achieved just by doing study for hours for eg. say if you study for 8 hours a day it still doesn't guarantee that you would be a doctor. Similarly numbers of Jaap cannot guarantee that you would be a sidh. It is still considered as a abhyas. 

The Kathakaars give those examples since they want to inspire the sangat to be engrossed in Naam. Someone who does Jaap abhyaas would be lost in meditation and would lose the count. Naam Ras gives you peace and tranquil, you stop worrying about things happening around. Who will count for you ? The Jaap is nirantar inside...you will want to lose count. 

Siddhis come and are a blessing of Akaal. However i personally feel that energy will only reside in that body that can hold it. There are peoople who may start seeing things and predicting future but then along with these capabilities comes haume, arrogance. This arrogance kills abhyas with time. 

So rather than focussing on magic , i personally want to request you to focus on abhyaas. Let Parmatma be the decision maker, He always is , but as for now we feel we would do so and so and we would become so and so. 

My 2 cents bro, Waheguru Ang Sang Sahaai.  

Totally awesome veer ji.

• 2 years later...
On 12/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, Kaju said:

How many jaaps do I need of a shabad to obtain the sidhi? Would I start to see the effects when I reach 30,000 Jaaps with concentration?

wjkk wjkf

Most likely, for an ordinary person (from a spiritual standpoint), it will usually take Sava Lakh (125,000) repetitions (with love, devotion, concentration, firm belief, knowledge, excellent hygiene, etc) of a Jaap/Mantar or even more, before you start feeling/realizing the power of that Jaap/Mantar.

Bhul chuk maaf

I think Brahmacharya of Mind and Body is very important. If you have a tendency of getting lustful thoughts your kamai will be stolen by Kaam. Especially when our kamai increases, hidden lust from deep layers of mind rises to surface and wreaks havoc. 

Also Kaal and Maya get super active and will distract you in any way possible when you take  up the mission of getting siddhi. 

19 hours ago, paapiman said:

Also, use Air fresheners or Incense sticks to keep the air pleasant around you.

Bhul chuk maaf

Not a fan of air fresheners, they contain lots of nasty chemicals. I open the window and the air here is itself naturally fresh and pleasant ! 

Doing paths does not achieve anything, the point of sikhi was to break out of rituals jot create them. If i get a speaker and get it to play jaap 125000 times it wont achieve anything, same if i get parrot to say it 125 000 times or if i get someone who does not know gurmukhi or punjabi or meaning to say it 125,000 times. I could do one million akhand paths but if i dont learn anything from sggs or implement gurus teachings then a singh sehaj path is a million times better. Im pretty sure these is something which explains this in gurbanj, e.g. the one about how the musalman prayer circle walking around thing ( no offence) means nothing like something which spins around all day does not get closer to waheguru or achieve salvation or access to "heaven".

On 4/3/2021 at 4:36 PM, Ragmaala said:

Very good point. I read in a book by Sant Gurbachan Singh ji khalsa that one has to do ardaas and 25 japji sahibs when this happens. 

wjkk wjkf

For whom bro? For ordinary Amritdhari Sikhs or for the Singhs (Taksaalis) in his Jatha?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

6 hours ago, paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

For whom bro? For ordinary Amritdhari Sikhs or for the Singhs (Taksaalis) in his Jatha?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

It was mentioned under Patha di Maryada section, so especially for those Singhs who are partaking in Sri Akhand Path Maryada. 

On 4/5/2021 at 4:25 PM, paapiman said:

wjkk wjkf

Bro, all the below are important:

• Repeated Recitation of Gurbani via Paths, Kirtan, Simran, etc.
  • Repeated Naam Simran of Waheguru Mantar.
  • Understanding Gurbani via Katha, Teekas, etc.
  • Implementing Gurmat principles in your life.

Please listen to the video below.

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦੇ ਗੁਪਤ ਗੁਣ ਅਤੇ ਮਹਾਤਮ ਜਾਣੋ। The Significance of Gurbani - YouTube

Bhul chuk maaf

I agree they areimportant but their isnt set reqards for doing a certain amount of path or something.

There is no poont reciting baani if u get nothing out of it. If you hear, understand and implement baani it is good. If you do it because it hepps you connect with waheguru or battle 5 thieves then good. But if you do it so you can hit 125k to get some made up reward then it is not good and is anti gurmat.

Saying waheguru X amount of times does not give you anything, the point is too clear and control your mind/brain and focus on waheguru. There is reason why gurus took us away from brahminism and useless superstitions, it was not for us to go back to them...