Is the Sikh God Evil?

LetsSee

GOOD AND EVIL

"Despite the stress on the love of God in Sikhism there is a darker side. Sikhs believe that both good and evil come from God. Though some of them think evil spirits exist they have no sense of an evil being who opposes God. Sikhs are never told to resist the devil, as a Christian is, because they do not believe in him. Evil, they believe, is the result of a person making wrong choices."

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Sikhism_and_Christianity:_A_Comparative_Study#GOOD_AND_EVIL

If evil comes from Waheguru then why is Waheguru not evil too?  Surely evil can only create evil?

And, as Waheguru creates evil, why does Waheguru not reward people for doing what he creates? 

Does Waheguru have a split personality?  Or does Waheguru disown himself?

Clearly Waheguru does not approve of what he does, because he only rewards some parts of what he does (the good parts), so therefore does Waheguru chastise himself with bad karma?

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again." Exodus 21: 7-8

Slavery is allowed in the bible as well as sex slavery.

Hmmmmm

I will not comment anymore

4 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again." Exodus 21: 7-8

Hmmmmm

What a great religion! lol

10 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

What a great religion! lol

[quote=Singh123456777]You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Hmmmmm[/quote]

•  

You are an absolute fool

Leviticus 25:44-46 King James Version (KJV)

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

and 

Exodus 21:7-8 King James Version (KJV)

And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

There's nothing wrong with being a servant.

In todays day and age, if you have a job - if you work, you are a slave.  You are a wage slave.  You spend your life paying taxes, bills and so forth.  Do you really think calling yourself an employee makes any difference?  You are a servant of the government.  Of a faceless entity that does not care about you.

Some people spend their entire lives slaves to the government.  For ever relying on government housing. Forever relying on state benefits.  State pension.

Having rules on how to treat people is a good thing.

None of this explains or has anything to do with my opening post, which is about the fundamental of what you call 'god'.  You are just a snivelling little wimp, giggling like the mentality of a school kid.   You are  great advert for Sikhism!  You can't even answer my OP, instead you misquote something you seen and snigger like a baby!!!!!!! XXXDDDD

DON'T DARKEN MY DOOR AGAIN 😉

8 hours ago, LetsSee said:

[quote=Singh123456777]You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

Hmmmmm[/quote]

•  

You are an absolute fool

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

and 

And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

In todays day and age, if you have a job - if you work, you are a slave.  You are a wage slave.  You spend your life paying taxes, bills and so forth.  Do you really think calling yourself an employee makes any difference?  You are a servant of the government.  Of a faceless entity that does not care about you.

Some people spend their entire lives slaves to the government.  For ever relying on government housing. Forever relying on state benefits.  State pension.

None of this explains or has anything to do with my opening post, which is about the fundamental of what you call 'god'.  You are just a snivelling little wimp, giggling like the mentality of a school kid.   You are  great advert for Sikhism!  You can't even answer my OP, instead you misquote something you seen and snigger like a baby!!!!!!! XXXDDDD

A bond man is a slave, not an employee. But fair enough keep justifying slavery all you want.

Edited by amardeep

8 hours ago, LetsSee said:

Hmmmmm[/quote]

•  

You are an absolute fool

and 

Your God decided to save Lot and his family, the same Lot who offered his own daughters to be gangraped by his fellow citizens and the same daughters who then fornicated with their father because they couldn't find a man. I wouldn't throw stones while standing in a glass house my friend, I can go on and on about how the God of the bible constantly says he's merciful but then decides to destroy everyone because he's enraged or upset over something, or how he goes about saving a pious soul who ends up doing some pretty dark shit, example as above. I'm glad you're using the King James bible though, the one that was altered about 400 years ago, just like the bible all through history, maybe churn out your original manuscripts before attacking others . I see you seem to use "XDDDDDDDDDDD" all the time, I'll take this as an indication you're either a really young child or an overgrown manchild, so take this from here. Using a wiki source is both stupid and inaccurate, if you want to learn about Sikhism (and its pretty apparent you don't as you see this as a dong measuring contest and want to prove your faith is superior) then go and watch basics of Sikhi videos on youtube. They will (as the name suggests) give you the basics. 

Maybe rather than asking us if The Sikh God is evil, you should ask why your God is doing exactly as you describe above. God is letting Satan run rampant, he's letting all those kids die, It seems your God favours people like Lot and his family over everyone else, So God seems to favour incestuous offspring and their father who'd sooner offer his won daughters as fodder for a mob than defend his own ideals, he chooses all that over a poor starving African who's done nothing wrong (according to your gospel). 

@LetsSee

I notice your book didn't generate enough ethical/moral power to prevent its adherents carrying it one hand and simultaneously indulging in mass genocide in Africa (slavery), South America (all the indigenous people the Spaniards wiped out), America itself with the native population there, not to mention all the ugly old kooks (with warts and black cats) that have been burnt at the stake for being witches. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/23/2018 at 6:35 AM, LetsSee said:

GOOD AND EVIL

"Despite the stress on the love of God in Sikhism there is a darker side. Sikhs believe that both good and evil come from God. Though some of them think evil spirits exist they have no sense of an evil being who opposes God. Sikhs are never told to resist the devil, as a Christian is, because they do not believe in him. Evil, they believe, is the result of a person making wrong choices."

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Sikhism_and_Christianity:_A_Comparative_Study#GOOD_AND_EVIL

If evil comes from Waheguru then why is Waheguru not evil too?  Surely evil can only create evil?

And, as Waheguru creates evil, why does Waheguru not reward people for doing what he creates? 

Does Waheguru have a split personality?  Or does Waheguru disown himself?

Clearly Waheguru does not approve of what he does, because he only rewards some parts of what he does (the good parts), so therefore does Waheguru chastise himself with bad karma?

It is a totally wrong saying, that Sikhs believe that both good and evil come from God.

To simplify things, it is more than sufficient to say that : evil comes/arises from mind alone. 

All beings have mind, including devis, devtays, gods, etc...so at some time or another,  imperfections can happen and do happen.

It is only Bhagat Jan, Sant Jan, Guru Sahiban, who having  attached themselves to His  Lotus Feet through His bhakti, thus have crossed the realms of maya, mun, time, space, means the  transient and  perishable realms of  koor,  and have merged and become one with the Ooch Apaar Beant Waheguru Akal Purukh.

He is known as Sat Purukh, means ultimate and Highest Truth.

This Truth never decays, nor suffers any changes nor alterations, and is an infinite ocean of mercy, love, bliss, and Consciousness, which is totally opposed to evil.

So you see, that the concept of  the belief by sikhs that good and evil  coming from God, is baseless. Both are opposite poles.

Moreover, it could well be said, the lacking of good God, can be the cause of any evil, not otherwise.

Finally, do not just believe any nonsense  the ignorant may spread, that too, again by not associating oneself the Omniscient Waheguru, or His Gurmukhs, Sant Jan, Guru Sahiban, through Gurbani.

Stay blessed.

SSA.