Training after 40 - experiences and tips

dalsingh101

15 hours ago, sevak said:

Warning: All the movements shown above are highly advanced. Please don't try this at your home. You can end up seriously injuring yourself. The Skin the Cat movement is a highly advanced move. 

Are you going to try and do these again? I think it might be better if you go for activities less strenuous on the joints (at least to start with). 

18 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Are you going to try and do these again? I think it might be better if you go for activities less strenuous on the joints (at least to start with). 

I was doing these and more. No plans to start again. Calisthenic is best, but very very hard.  I was an all-rounder —-> good in athletics & academics. 

Puratan Roohani power is something else. It comes from Guru. You might train heavy weight all life but in battlefield will be chickened out. Yoadha blessed by Guru Saab may have zero training but will take out all the enemy force.

• 2 months later...

He looks older now though...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50894086

BBC newsreader Huw Edwards said he has undergone a physical and mental "transformation" since taking up boxing training.

Mr Edwards, 58, who is from south Wales, has been training with former professional boxer Clinton McKenzie in a bid to get in shape.

He spoke about his weight loss in an interview with BBC Radio Cymru.

"The truth is that I lost weight because I felt unhealthy. It's simple enough," he said.

"I was physically and mentally in the wrong place. I was far too heavy and I wasn't happy with that. I wasn't happy with my own appearance, and I realised that I wasn't being fair with my own body in terms of my general health and wellbeing.

"I just felt pretty low to be honest, and it got progressively worse. Losing weight and getting fit have been a transformation for me."

Huw Edwards drinking water outside a boxing ringIMAGE SOURCE,HUW EDWARDS / INSTAGRAM
Image caption,
Huw Edwards said boxing has improved his physical and mental wellbeing

"I've also learnt that being physically fit means one's mind is sharper, and one's mind is healthier. To me, that has been an eye-opener. I feel far better now than I did in my 30s and 40s.

"I suppose my message to anyone in their 50s - male or female - faced with a similar situation to mine and feeling low, is that making the effort to get physically fit will pay huge dividends both physically and mentally.

"If I can do it, anyone can. I just hope that my journey can inspire others to do the same and improve their lives."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5778755/News-anchor-Huw-Edwards-overnight-sex-symbol-following-THREE-stone-weight-loss.html

Huw Edwards becomes an overnight sex symbol following weight loss | Daily  Mail Online

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/diets/1191505/gregg-wallace-weight-loss-diet-plan-fat-cut-alcohol-exercise-best

Gregg Wallace feared he might DIE before four-stone weight loss | HELLO!

In a recent Instagram post, Gregg treated fans to a picture of his six pack abs captioned “getting there.”

One fan questioned: “Well done, what does your diet consist of?”

The presenter replied to the comment: “less fat n booze.” (sic)

Another asked if he had a personal trainer to which the presenter replied “yeah.”

Gregg Wallace is a television host known for presenting Masterchef and appearing on Strictly Come Dancing. He has been on the small screen helping a family make healthier choices on the BBC show Eat Well for Less?. It is clear the television presenter has also taken the health tips into his personal life as he has recently transformed his figure. Gregg has revealed a three stone weight loss in the past - what did he do to shape up?

The presenter also told fans he had slimmed down to have a body fat percentage of just 18 per cent.

In the past, the Masterchef host has opened up about his weight loss and explained he made healthy versions of his favourite meals to shape up.

Speaking to The Sun, he said: "I’m a huge fan of curries, chillies and stews and it is still possible to lose weight and eat hearty meals.

• 9 months later...