I wish to take Amrit

13 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji thats a really decision. When have you decided to take amrit ?

Ok lemme elaborate on this. I am a sikh woman. I wish to take Amrit and when I mentioned this to my husband few years ago he said .. u start doing Nitnem etc and if u could do it we will take it further. I agreed . Its been 2 yrs now. By Guru Sahib ji s grace I have "kanth" all the nitnem baanis and do them each day.  but he still doesn't allow.  Says 5 yrs.. . Abhi we r not old. U won't look smart etc. I m stuck

9 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

Ok lemme elaborate on this. I am a sikh woman. I wish to take Amrit and when I mentioned this to my husband few years ago he said .. u start doing Nitnem etc and if u could do it we will take it further. I agreed . Its been 2 yrs now. By Guru Sahib ji s grace I have "kanth" all the nitnem baanis and do them each day.  but he still doesn't allow.  Says 5 yrs.. . Abhi we r not old. U won't look smart etc. I m stuck

Bhen ji its a really good step you have taken to learn the panj banis nitnem as that is a big step as its not easy to learn panj banis.

What is your husband like religiously like does he do paath etc ?

Cos I know a few people where one person has taken amrit and the other hasn't in the marriage. Its not a bad thing though as its your choice personally rather than your husband's.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, Soulfinder said:

Bhen ji its a really good step you have taken to learn the panj banis nitnem as that is a big step as its not easy to learn panj banis.

What is your husband like religiously like does he do paath etc ?

Cos I know a few people where one person has taken amrit and the other hasn't in the marriage. Its not a bad thing though as its your choice personally rather than your husband's.

Well m not sure ji because as per my understanding .. if I can't please my worldly husband how will I be able to please my real 'Pir'. I have promised to walk behind him in front of SGGS JI  . U may have met people who are in marriage where the other partner doesn't OBJECT to the first for the Amrit 

As for my husband he isn't very religious himself. But never denies taking me to Gurudwara Sahib or Kirtan Darbar. (Though teases at times-but that's ok.) 

He is  connected inside. .. simply spends 15 mins or so in Guru Sahib room everyday.A few pauries of Japji Sahib and 6 of Anand Sahib probably. He never drinks and is 'kesdhaari'.. 

https://www

On 1/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, Soulfinder said:

Bhen ji it does seem like a complicated situation from what you have mentioned. 

I myself have not taken amrit yet but with Waheguru's kirpa I know the panj banis and many other banis. 

So perhaps you can try to increase your paaths banis and show how desperately you would like to take amrit then maybe your husband will be happy for you to take it.

Ji. But y haven't u had it yet. Pls try n get it ASAP. 

Also pls edit Ur ans above to remove my pic .

Thanks

1 hour ago, Mooorakh said:

Thanks much

If you would really worry about what OTHERS are saying .. u would never be happy. People called Nanak Sahib bhutna , betaala... Kabeer ji was also cursed by his own mother ... 

Dekh k andith karo. Forget what others say.. do wat makes the Guru happy.

Moreover Amrit will bring good vices on its own. ATB

Thats ok bhen ji I am glad to delete that information.

Bhen ji I usually ignore what others say and have spent many years doing so. It doesn't really effect me any more unless someone says in front of me for which I will respond.

But without good kismat its hard to take amrit but hopefully Guru Sahib Ji will do kirpa on me soon to take it. 

Luckly a few years before doing my nitnem and other banis I thought I would not be able to take amrit as I didn't even know Japji Sahib past mool mantar. But luckly I pasted that stage and my paaths banis have become a lot better now compared to back than.

So I just got to wait for Guru Ji's kirpa.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:19 AM, Soulfinder said:

Thats ok bhen ji I am glad to delete that information.

Bhen ji I usually ignore what others say and have spent many years doing so. It doesn't really effect me any more unless someone says in front of me for which I will respond.

But without good kismat its hard to take amrit but hopefully Guru Sahib Ji will do kirpa on me soon to take it. 

Luckly a few years before doing my nitnem and other banis I thought I would not be able to take amrit as I didn't even know Japji Sahib past mool mantar. But luckly I pasted that stage and my paaths banis have become a lot better now compared to back than.

So I just got to wait for Guru Ji's kirpa.

Hmm... Probably that's destiny. Let us both wait for our turns.. 

But pls lemme know when you get the Amrit and I will let you know when i would get it. Cos we both have 'pyaas' so m sure Guru Sahib will surely listen sooner or later.. "Jin Ko lagi pyaas Seyi khaiye" .. n if he has given this thirst he will quench it too.. let's pray for each other. All the best. 

2 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

Hmm... Probably that's destiny. Let us both wait for our turns.. 

But pls lemme know when you get the Amrit and I will let you know when i would get it. Cos we both have 'pyaas' so m sure Guru Sahib will surely listen sooner or later.. "Jin Ko lagi pyaas Seyi khaiye" .. n if he has given this thirst he will quench it too.. let's pray for each other. All the best. 

Thanks bhen ji also best wishes as well for when Guru Sahib Ji does kirpa on both of us to take amrit.

I will let you asap when Waheguru blessed me with amrit. 

Hopefuly the thrist 'pyaas' continues even after taking amrit with the nitnem banis simran etc.

It is sad when others will dissuade someone from taking amrit. It should be seen as a positive step forwards but it disheartens me when it is seen as a “backwards” step. 

I would recommend living as a gursikh lifestyle as close as possible. Keep the five kakkars, wake up at amrit vela. It will prepare you better for the time you take amrit. 

I would normally say ignore others but it is your husband and he should be supportive.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:38 AM, tva prasad said:

@Mooorakh Bhen ji, this a good video.

7 hours ago, Wicked Warrior said:

It is sad when others will dissuade someone from taking amrit. It should be seen as a positive step forwards but it disheartens me when it is seen as a “backwards” step. 

I would recommend living as a gursikh lifestyle as close as possible. Keep the five kakkars, wake up at amrit vela. It will prepare you better for the time you take amrit. 

I would normally say ignore others but it is your husband and he should be supportive.

Thank u so much ji

What to say.. this video made my situation even worse.. cos till now I was under the impression that all I need was his acceptance/ permission but if maryada says that he has to take it alongwith 

Only a miraculous Kirpal can help me now.. practically as per present scenario I am gone, it's impossible. 

Anyway pls pray for me ,is all I can say. Thank u all again for supporting. Atleast now I know m not wrong or stupid in asking or talking about Sikhi

4 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

Thank u so much ji

What to say.. this video made my situation even worse.. cos till now I was under the impression that all I need was his acceptance/ permission but if maryada says that he has to take it alongwith 

Only a miraculous Kirpal can help me now.. practically as per present scenario I am gone, it's impossible. 

Anyway pls pray for me ,is all I can say. Thank u all again for supporting. Atleast now I know m not wrong or stupid in asking or talking about Sikhi

I'm sorry. Although I think it is better to take it with your spouse because then you can be at the same stage and you can inspire each other to keep rehit.

I hope vaheguru will soon listen to your prays.

Just now, tva prasad said:

I'm sorry. Although I think it is better to take it with your spouse because then you can be at the same stage and you can inspire each other to keep rehit.

I hope vaheguru will soon listen to your prays.

So does it mean if her spouse refuses,she can't take Amrit forever? Any way to go around this?