Sikh Youth UK on mainstream media (BBC Inside Out)

Spreading controversial message? Doing more harm than good? Very easy for that so called journalist to pass judgment when it is the children of others who suffer and not hers.

Living in denial and pretending all is fine is the real culprit that is doing more harm than good.

In this age of political correctness the truth always seems controversial especially when it doesn't fit the narrative of the powers that be.

I don't see Sikh Youth doing any harm.At least someone is doing something.Burglars think twice before robbing a house with 2 rottweilers.

Without a doubt it is religiously motivated.The pedo in the vid himself admitted he would not groom a pakistani muslim girl.

10 hours ago, Jageera said:

Spreading controversial message? Doing more harm than good? Very easy for that so called journalist to pass judgment when it is the children of others who suffer and not hers.

Living in denial and pretending all is fine is the real culprit that is doing more harm than good.

In this age of political correctness the truth always seems controversial especially when it doesn't fit the narrative of the powers that be.

I don't see Sikh Youth doing any harm.At least someone is doing something.Burglars think twice before robbing a house with 2 rottweilers.

Without a doubt it is religiously motivated.The pedo in the vid himself admitted he would not groom a pakistani muslim girl.

Veer ji programs like this just create more hate between the both communinties. Cos as the way i see good and bad people exist in all races and religions.

2 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji programs like this just create more hate between the both communinties. Cos as the way i see good and bad people exist in all races and religions.

Bhai ji. This issue has been ignored for decades. This (I think) has been for many reasons, one of which is that people are fearful of tension like you seem to be alluding to. 

This has just made the problem even worse and made the people who do these things even more emboldened to carry on. How much more worse do you think it should be allowed to get before you think action by our own community needs to be taken?

People in future will ask how Sikh men reacted to, and tried to deal with this serious issue.

No one is saying that there isn't good and bad in all communities. But turning a blind eye to this and abdicating a responsibility to deal with it, given that successive governments and police forces seem to be hell bent on denying it all - isn't Singhlike at all. It just seems like cowardice, complacency and apathy. 

Bhai ji, by what you've said, it appears as if you're suggesting that brothers who've been trying to deal with this are doing wrong, and that includes people like the late Bhai Jagraj Singh and Bhai Mohan Singh (SAS). I think doing nothing and pretending like it doesn't happen is a big sin. Do you think puratan Singhs would've ignored the systematic use and abuse of young vulnerable Sikh females or do something about it?

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Bhai ji. This issue has been ignored for decades. This (I think) has been for many reasons, one of which is that people are fearful of tension like you seem to be alluding to. 

This has just made the problem even worse and made the people who do these things even more emboldened to carry on. How much more worse do you think it should be allowed to get before you think action by our own community needs to be taken?

People in future will ask how Sikh men reacted to, and tried to deal with this serious issue.

No one is saying that there isn't good and bad in all communities. But turning a blind eye to this and abdicating a responsibility to deal with it, given that successive governments and police forces seem to be hell bent on denying it all - isn't Singhlike at all. It just seems like cowardice, complacency and apathy. 

Bhai ji, by what you've said, it appears as if you're suggesting that brothers who've been trying to deal with this are doing wrong, and that includes people like the late Bhai Jagraj Singh and Bhai Mohan Singh (SAS). I think doing nothing and pretending like it doesn't happen is a big sin. Do you think puratan Singhs would've ignored the systematic use and abuse of young vulnerable Sikh females or do something about it?

Veer ji i am not against this awareness does need to be spread as much as possible and should not be hidden under the carpet.

But also kids should be given awareness as well from parents.

In my view kids should be taught gurbani ithas and learn martial arts and shastar vidya for protection.

Veer ji as you mentioned purtan singhs. I follow and respect them and agree with what you are saying that they would take revenge which is what i believe in as well.

You are right veer ji

Both brothers Jageera and Dal Singh are spot on here.

Don't get me wrong sometimes i come on here for a rant and say random shit, but im also looking for reactions. 

The issue is pretty obvious for all to see but the response of the Sikh community is interesting and eye opening to say the least.

Those Sikhs/Singhs who play this down are just those who do not want physical confrontation with an organisation which clearly out numbers us and are ruthless. 

For me personally it gives me a clear indication and reinforces what i always knew. We are all Sikhs but few are Singhs, and when i say 'Singhs', i mean the spirit of a Singh not the usual pagh daari amrit bullshit (pooran purkhs are so).  Pooran purkhs  like Baba Deep.Singh come to mind and the likes of Jarnail Singh who was in our era(somewhat)..

Just to add, there's also responses like ' Sikh girls shouldn't have.dated etc with those sulleh'. My view is that even if an apney just wanted a shag and was lustfull, she still does not deserve to.be exploited and blackmailed etc... Put on drugs and prostituted out to dirty old pakis for those who are naive to what goes on..

For no UK phudus, im now hearing apnea admin cut sulleh in Vamcouver and Toronto, matter of time when this fun becomes a nightmare, learn from the UK Sikhs... time for unity and realistic.understanding of where.we are at...

5 hours ago, samurai2 said:

Just to add, there's also responses like ' Sikh girls shouldn't have.dated etc with those sulleh'. My view is that even if an apney just wanted a shag and was lustfull, she still does not deserve to.be exploited and blackmailed etc... Put on drugs and prostituted out to dirty old pakis for those who are naive to what goes on..

Agreed. Another issue is that we keep the genders segregated within the race. So when they get sexually matured and have urges they look outside the community to satisfy their lust to not 'lose face' and be labeled as a 'kenjeri'. So the next best thing is to allow and encourage dating etc within the race. It is happening anyhow. If they can't do it with their own they will look for outsiders.Just being pragmatic.

Sexual criminal gangs look for weak targets.If people from a community start hitting back the majority of them will stay away.If nothing is done they will continue because people like this don't understand words or the law.

On a side note,just noticed the emblem on the veers shirt in the 2nd video.I don't think it's a good move to link that struggle to this one.

Now for sure the other side is going to start a smear campaign against this Singh and his outfit accusing him of all sorts.Thats their usual M.O.

Starting a two front battle at once usually leads to failure and total annihilation.This veer should just focus on the grooming issue and let other outfits which I'm sure there are many to handle the Punjab issue.This way he will insulate Sikh Youth from smear campaigns,attacks and accusations of being linked to militants etc.

He can then concentrate fully on the grooming issue with less pressure.Comments disabled on that youtube vid so I thought I'll just post this here.

2 hours ago, Jageera said:

On a side note,just noticed the emblem on the veers shirt in the 2nd video.I don't think it's a good move to link that struggle to this one.

Now for sure the other side is going to start a smear campaign against this Singh and his outfit accusing him of all sorts.Thats their usual M.O.

Starting a two front battle at once usually leads to failure and total annihilation.This veer should just focus on the grooming issue and let other outfits which I'm sure there are many to handle the Punjab issue.This way he will insulate Sikh Youth from smear campaigns,attacks and accusations of being linked to militants etc.

He can then concentrate fully on the grooming issue with less pressure.Comments disabled on that youtube vid so I thought I'll just post this here.

I hear exactly what you are saying and I thought something similar too, but I think that brother is trying to make a point about freedom of expression, directly in the face of what you are saying about being smeared by the establishment in all this. I think it is a purposefully confrontational move, that goes in directly in line with  the general theme of speaking up and not being afraid of confronting and facing controversial issues. 

I don't think anyone is insisting that you have to support that issue, to deal with the grooming one. Just that some people who support that issue are also concerned with the grooming one. This shouldn't really surprise us. And we're going to have to deal with multiple fronts to deal with the grooming issue anyway. Because it's not just the groomers that we have to deal with, but also the people in the British establishment (like elements of the government, police, social services and media), who have clearly been persistently trying to obfuscate the issue and cover up what is being done for decades now. 

Hope this makes some sense?