Durga Kavach

Mandeep2020

44 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think the dubious brit 'annexation' was the main cause of this myself. 

To be honest, there is a whole host of reasons.

But for me. This move towards being non violent white kurta pyjamas wearing "sikh" is something I see as the reason to why we are in the state we are in.

We failed ourselves, our heritage and culture so of course the brits will take this opportunity to weed us out to be poster boys for the queen and the British empire.

1 hour ago, Inderpal1994 said:

We failed ourselves, our heritage and culture

If we aren't beating around the bushes about it, this is what it boils down to. But then again, we were dealing with the most, crafty, insidious, duplicitous people going. They'd had a very long history of f**king up communities before they encountered us, and had perfected techniques to do it. Thankfully, despite the manipulations sufficient cultural heritage evidence survives for us to now learn what our real history was - outside of colonial lapdogs. 

33 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

sufficient cultural heritage evidence survives for us to now learn what our real history was

To be honest. Looking at my generation (I'm a millennial) I am seeing that most of this generation as well as Gen Z is moving towards The Guru (i.e history, rehat, traditions, beliefs etc) as compared to our previous generations in which we see a promotion of the "emi-temi" sikh/sikh missionaries. 

However, the only issue we face with this information is whether the panth is willing to learn or will they run off with their manmat, or jathabadhi mat, or sant baba mat.

Looking at the forums, and knowing some amritdhari Sikhs myself, some are still stuck in that entanglement of Sant Baba says Vs Guru Says... I have gone through this myself recently. 

14 hours ago, Inderpal1994 said:

Looking at the forums, and knowing some amritdhari Sikhs myself, some are still stuck in that entanglement of Sant Baba says Vs Guru Says..

Bro,

If there are any true sants or mahapurukhs, their thought process  has to always flow in the same direction with the gyan of the GURU, the embodiment of light, gyan  and eternal Truth, otherwise they are pakhandees, thus the cause of thick moorakhta.and agyanta.

SSA.

2 hours ago, SunnySingh said:

Bro,

If there are any true sants or mahapurukhs, their thought process  has to always flow in the same direction with the gyan of the GURU, the embodiment of light, gyan  and eternal Truth, otherwise they are pakhandees, thus the cause of thick moorakhta.and agyanta.

SSA.

How would you know someone is a true sant?

Is there an objective creticra to determine who is a Sant or is it a self declared title?

34 minutes ago, Sajjan_Thug said:

How would you know someone is a true sant?

Is there an objective creticra to determine who is a Sant or is it a self declared title?

Well brother,

I was just saying, that whom people refer to some as Sants or Mahapurukhs, then to know if they are truly what they are supposed to be, and as said above, their thought process has to flow in the same direction of the teachings of Guru Jee, otherwise they are fake and the cause of agyanta among mankind.

1 hour ago, SunnySingh said:

Well brother,

I was just saying, that whom people refer to some as Sants or Mahapurukhs, then to know if they are truly what they are supposed to be, and as said above, their thought process has to flow in the same direction of the teachings of Guru Jee, otherwise they are fake and the cause of agyanta among mankind.

That doesn't mean they are automatically a Sant or Mahapurukh.
They could just be good Sikhs who are practising Sikhi but have not reached any awesta.

Let's not jump to conclusions that everybody is a sant or mahapurkh because they can do katha or know about Gurbani.

We might be causing unnecessary humai/hankar by throughing these titles on them.

1 hour ago, Sajjan_Thug said:

That doesn't mean they are automatically a Sant or Mahapurukh.
They could just be good Sikhs who are practising Sikhi but have not reached any awesta.

Let's not jump to conclusions that everybody is a sant or mahapurkh because they can do katha or know about Gurbani.

We might be causing unnecessary humai/hankar by throughing these titles on them.

Sorry Bro, I never said those are sants about whom some people take them as such, and then, even then, their thought process has to flow with the teachings of the GURU.

Be it anybody, nobody is above the Guru.

Is that much, difficult to understand, third time?

On 8/12/2022 at 1:22 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

Hahahahahahaha. This one ^^^^

I agree. I honestly think we have diminished the idea of a bhramgyani to just about anything. 

The modern quality of a "mahapurakh" is someone who wears white kurta, do kirtan (not even in raag), can do katha and make the entire veechaar seem so "spiritual", can tell the sangat do jaap "Vaheguru" and wears a flimsy "kirpan".

To me a bhramgyani is one who's presences can just make you do naam abyaas without even speaking (e.g. Bhramgyani Baba Nand Singh). I keep my life simple, it's guru above all, and I listen to those who push me towards bhagti.