when people use the word GOD use GOD!!

lil_princess

hey! SSA!

i have a bigggg issue when people say that GOD is MALE, like he is everywhere, he is the supreme being, he, he, he, he, he ,he! OMG im going to go crazy! GOD is not a HE! or even a SHE! but still i know its maybe a short word but i mean it's only one more word, so just say GOD not he! WHenever someone refers god as "he" i always say SHE just to see their reaction, its funny somtimes! again im no feminist, im not preaching that women are better than men, im just saying its wrong to refer GOD as "he, him" ! and yes its wrong to refer god as "she" too!!! any comments?? have you people ever noticed this?!!

hey! SSA!

i have a bigggg issue when people say that GOD is MALE, like he is everywhere, he is the supreme being, he, he, he, he, he ,he! OMG im going to go crazy! GOD is not a HE! or even a SHE! but still i know its maybe a short word but i mean it's only one more word, so just say GOD not he! WHenever someone refers god as "he" i always say SHE just to see their reaction, its funny somtimes! again im no feminist, im not preaching that women are better than men, im just saying its wrong to refer GOD as "he, him" ! and yes its wrong to refer god as "she" too!!! any comments?? have you people ever noticed this?!!

ha ha..if i can be frank with you, i will say, you are lying..;).. this definetly sounds faminist, how much excuse you give. :P .. please don't mind it. on to your query.. well, firstly, I try to use he/she and him/her combination refering to the almighty. But i would say.. when refering to the GOD.. the use of word he or him is pretty okay.. and there exist a word "GODDESS" for which she or her can/should be used. moreover, i will request to have broad approach on this issue.. :):D

With Kind Regards for you (ana all females)

I don't like using HIM for god as well. As for Godesses? there aren't any in Sikhi. :shock:

Mool Mantar sahib explains it every well, that God is neither He nor She. But its the limitation of the language that u have to gernderise ( is that a word ?:P) GOD.

In punjabi i just call God , "Rab ji" or "Waheguru ji" and if u want propa peindu accent "Waaaaguru" , so no gender discrimination against HIM :?

Guest Javanmard

Well I use Akal Purakh or Bhagauti alternatively. Akal Purakh is grammatically male and Bhagauti is female (means the "Lord-ess" feminine form of Bhagavant is Sanskrit). I tend to use He/She or (S)HE :roll: