Chet Sandhu

dalsingh101

On 12/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Saw this the other day. It made me wonder if the childhood experiences Chet had with racism and poverty played a big part in how his later life of crime unfolded?

I'm glad he seems to be sorting himself out. I hope he finds his dharam, which can help him big time in solidifying a moral compass in a world where this can be difficult. I'm glad he smacked up almost all the racist abusers later on in life. I hope you find that last one and tidy it up. 

People on this site & in the wider Sikh community probably don’t realise it but there are quite a few apne who are very influential & high up in the world of organised crime. This guys gone down the route of becoming a ‘celebrity’ gangster.... which is usually the case with mid level guys who didn’t quite make enough or didn’t reach the top... it’s usually the enforcer & hench men type that work for higher up guys that end up doing this. Seems like this guys made a fairly good rep for himself not to get any bother but I doubt the higher up lot hold him in any decent regard now that he’s doing interviews & writing books. Good on him for dealing with the racists tho 

9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Those 'high ups' are usually bent businessmen types. They'll have a number of enterprises, many legal, some not, as income streams. They are usually cerebral sociopaths in my experience.  This guy is a soldier for handling his time in a foreign prison on his own, I mean he didn't have some sort of racial 'gang' to bum-chum with like others do. 

And not caring for the 'higher ups' is a power move in itself. He's jumped on the CBD oil wagon, and can probably make a trickle of money with what he's doing. He says he is okay now financially, so it looks like he is just having a laugh generally. 

Some higher ups have gone down the 'celebrity' route too e.g. Michael Franzese. 'Gangsters' aren't unknown to fraternise and manipulate media for their ends. The two famous twins from east London were expert at it, and even managed to get umpteen book projects, and a movie on the go when banged up.   Even the reputed assassin of Jimmy Hoffa (if that's true) started confessing things in later life - which is what that movie The Irishman is based on. 

The different enterprises are just a means to clean up cash & show a legal law abiding image.

Fair play to this guy with the CBD.. everyone has to earn one way or another... CBD is a great business to be in right now

All those guys you named all have one thing in common.... they all got busted & did serious jail time.

The twins were fame hungry... a lot of people from that era & from those circles all say the same thing. There was the Richardson family at the same time.... they didn’t crave the limelight and pretty much ran most of London whilst the Krays were appearing in newspapers & magazines etc

The ones at the very top never get caught or expose themselves.... it’s usually that longevity that solidifies their control and seat at the top.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, dalsingh101 said:

That's a great idea. I think given weapon restrictions in the UK, this could be more easily implemented in the US and Canada.

no, most of this stuff is already done in the uk.

There are archery clubs for public to join. There are shooting ranges that just need some kind of form to fill, no need for ownership of any guns.

we could have gurdwaras as the bases for promoting such activities.

• 1 year later...

Saw this the other day. It made me wonder if the childhood experiences Chet had with racism and poverty played a big part in how his later life of crime unfolded?

I'm glad he seems to be sorting himself out. I hope he finds his dharam, which can help him big time in solidifying a moral compass in a world where this can be difficult. I'm glad he smacked up almost all the racist abusers later on in life. I hope you find that last one and tidy it up. 

4 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

@Premi

You're over exposing the guy now! lol

Doesn't look like (might be wrong) he 'found his dharam'

I think he is contactable on Facebook if anyone wants to invite him here

7 hours ago, Premi said:

Doesn't look like (might be wrong) he 'found his dharam'

I think he is contactable on Facebook if anyone wants to invite him here

Chet Sandhu? That's a legit Mona. Fore sure invite him lol. 

I mean he is ummm criminal minded. 

But without practicing much Sikhi, he really exemplified some of it in prison. His stories are interesting. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36232919-from-king-of-karachi-to-lockdown-in-the-costa-del-crime

From King of Karachi to Lockdown in the Costa Del Crime: Meet the International Smuggler Who Dominated Europe’s Worst Prison

73 ratings8 reviews
In November 1999, British doorman Chet Sandhu was arrested at gunpoint in Alicante Airport for masterminding the half-a-million dollar largest haul of black market steroids in Spanish history. Overnight he was thrown from the shadowy world of the Costa del Crime’s underworld, to being openly vilified as a notorious public enemy in the British and Spanish press.
For his crimes, Chet was incarcerated alongside murderers, rapists and terrorists in the top security wing of Europe’s most infamous prison – Fontcalent. His story is not about how he was able to survive his ordeal involving knife fights, prison breaks, drug taking and high-stake power plays between prisoners – but how he came to thrive in the deadly concrete world he found himself in. If you want to know how one lone British man was able to dominate Europe’s most dangerous prison, then read on. However, if you choose this to go down this road with Chet, be prepared by equal measure to be entertained, informed, and offended by his no-holds barred account of life in one of the world’s worst places to be incarcerated.

96 pages, Kindle Edition

Published August 29, 2017

This edition

Format
  • 96 pages, Kindle Edition
Published
  • August 29, 2017 by Media Drum World

From King of Karachi to Lockdown in the Costa Del Crime By Media Drum World

• 1 year later...