Sounds/Tones/ Noise

On 12/22/2020 at 10:08 PM, seattlesingh said:

what do you think if it was neutral sounding?

It depends how it makes you feel. In bhagti, you need to hone in on and trust in your intuition. That feeling you get when something feels right or doesn’t feel right, you need to listen to it. God gives us Anhad Naad sometimes in different ways, Im no one to judge how anyone hears it. 

20 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Please don’t try and put negative ideas into peoples head. If someone during abhiyaas someone encounters something negative let them state else it’s just speculation on our part. I would say to everyone remain positive until you personally encounter something which frightens you. These days there are so many Gurmukhs one can consult so no need to worry.

Like I said, it’s up to your intuition and how you feel. God sits in every heart and sometimes, you need to trust in him.

The additional gyan is that everyone everything everywhere is God, so even if you encounter what you perceive to be a negative spirit, just accept that it’s God. Then you’ve seen the Actual Truth of the situation. 

On 12/23/2020 at 12:30 PM, Mooorakh said:

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh all

I am sorry but i don't agree to the sounds being negative - Gurumukhs always believe in "sab Gobind hai" they don't find any thing negative and are always positive- Nanak bhagtaa sadaa vigaas 

Only a person walking on the path of bhakti hears these sounds, if they would have been negative or from hell( lol) they would be common among all Indian politicians and so on..  as for body being paralysed that happens every time one tends to enter sunn. -i am sure  that's common among abhiyaasis ( haina @Lucky @Sat1176 @HisServant veerji . That happens as we put all our attention to the mind;(our concentration gets accumulated at one place) and takes us a considerable amount of effort to bring it back to the body, there's this paralysed feeling till then.. its Samadhi state i guess.

There are different types of paralysis. I know a lot of people who have been paralyzed by spirits/ sleep paralysis. Everyone’s on their own stage and has their own experiences, it comes down to trusting yourself and the gyan within that we all have.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:26 PM, Sikhilove said:

It depends how the sounds made you feel. If they made you uneasy and the paralysis feeling was negative, as if you felt something was trying to get you or harm you, they were probably from hell/ negative spirits.

If they were soothing and made you feel at ease and more relaxed, they could have been Anhad Naad. I’ve heard both, I got paralyzed a lot back in the day by negative spirits/ demons etc. 

When you do simran and hear actual Anhad Naad, and your body becomes still and doesn’t move alot, it should be a calming, nice feeling.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:05 AM, Sikhilove said:

There are different types of paralysis. I know a lot of people who have been paralyzed by spirits/ sleep paralysis. Everyone’s on their own stage and has their own experiences, it comes down to trusting yourself and the gyan within that we all have.

You are completely off the mark here and trying to mix 3 things together.  It's these type of misleading comments that get people confused into mixing astral travel, sleep paralysis and simran/sunn.   Have a look through search features on forum and you'll find explanations for differences in sleep paralysis, astral plane and sunn.   

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

You are completely off the mark here and trying to mix 3 things together.  It's these type of misleading comments that get people confused into mixing astral travel, sleep paralysis and simran/sunn.   Have a look through search features on forum and you'll find explanations for differences in sleep paralysis, astral plane and sunn.   

Brother. I understand the differences between the different types of paralysis, I’ve experienced most of them.

If you sat for simran, open your eyes and see or a feel pret in front of you paralyzing you, What would u do. People walk the path and have different experiences. My experiences of being paralyzed were to teach me that God IS the Prets, the spirits. If someone says they felt uneasy then it’s their call, not yours, for their experiences are their own. 

I just sat for simran now and my body became paralyzed in the positive way. But when I was starting out on the path, when I was washing off my Karams and coming across a lot of spirits, I was also paralyzed in negative ways. We cannot invalidate anyone else’s experiences. God will cause us to experience what he wishes us to experience.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ragamala

Hello everyone, 

Have you guys noticed that whenever you are not feeling well or have a fever that inner sounds get more noticeable ? Just recently, I had a fever around 102 after getting the 2nd dose of pfizer vaccine. And I was able to notice the inner sound/ringing much more and continuous throughout the day. Has anyone noticed anything like that ? is it because our mind is less distracted from world when we are suffering from Dukh. Please share your own personal experiences . Thanks.

WJKK WJKF!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest G
On 1/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Guest Ragamala said:

Hello everyone, 

Have you guys noticed that whenever you are not feeling well or have a fever that inner sounds get more noticeable ? Just recently, I had a fever around 102 after getting the 2nd dose of pfizer vaccine. And I was able to notice the inner sound/ringing much more and continuous throughout the day. Has anyone noticed anything like that ? is it because our mind is less distracted from world when we are suffering from Dukh. Please share your own personal experiences . Thanks.

WJKK WJKF!

During fever, there is more upward flow of prana. 

On 1/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Guest Ragamala said:

Hello everyone, 

WJKK WJKF!

Sometimes. Illness is paying off our Dukhi karams, it washes our Karam. Im normally in tune with it when resting and recovering

• 3 months later...

Visiting this thread after 5 months. Have started to think about the inner sound again, been more noticeable again in last 1-2 months. I dont think it had disappeared but just was not actively thinking about it. The sound is still the same in nature, continuous ringing type, and the subtle machine drum sounds that come intermittently. 

@Sat1176 I am trying to pay more attention to it as you advised. I feel its mostly on my left side, sometimes right, I am trying to pay attention to my gichi . 

I was trying to get in touch with Bhai Dharamjit Singh ji to ask what sehaj dhun sounds like ? So I was able to speak with a singh who organises telegram for Bhai Sahib. He said sehaj dhun, and anhad naam are just different words for the Naam. He said he was also having these similar sounds. He asked me to listen to these sounds, whenever they come, with love, reverence and devotion. 

So right now the goal is to fall in love with these, and listen to them as much , pay more attention to them with reverence, and hopefully maharaj does kirpa.  Speaking to Gurmukhs really help and is encouraging. 🙏

ps. I would not have remembered anything if I had not shared here. Its a good idea to keep journal.

Also another subtle detail I got from katha of Bibi Parminder Kaur Ji was that sometimes when we are not supposed to do somethings, the sounds can get louder essentially to signal us from stop doing whatever we are. I have noticed that couple of times in past when I was in tamo gun activities. maybe someone else can confirm that too ?

Edited by Ragmaala