God is one, basic principles are same among all religions , then why some religions (Christian , Muslim etc.) allow to eat meat?

Kaur10

9 hours ago, Kaur1510 said:

Our Guru Granth Sahib begins with Ek Onkaar, God is One, which I strongly believe.  Why Muslims eat halal meat or Christians eat different meats? Even Jesus served lamb (apologies if I am wrong).  What might be the reason for this difference?

Diet of humans is decided by environment factors which are in total control of God. If God wanted humans to be vegetarians then  why he did not create fertile land like northern India in whole world. It's almost impossible to be vegetarian in coastal areas , icy regions and middle East type desert . Apart from India nowhere we found vegetarianism in world .

The sun is going to rise from the west tomorrow as this is the first time i think i have ever agreed with kdsinghs post.

13 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

Diet of humans is decided by environment factors which are in total control of God. If God wanted humans to be vegetarians then  why he did not create fertile land like northern India in whole world. It's almost impossible to be vegetarian in coastal areas , icy regions and middle East type desert . Apart from India nowhere we found vegetarianism in world .

Not taking any sides in this debated to death meat topic but just wanted to say that in my life experience some of the biggest b*st*rds,untrustworthy lowlife pieces of shit that I have come across were lifelong 100% vegetarian.And the most honest stand up people who helped me in life were non veg. This has convinced me that being veg has Nothing to do with spirituality or morality. This is what I strongly believe in as it is what I personally experienced. Gurfateh.

God is one, basic principles are same among all religions , then why some religions (Christian , Muslim etc.) allow to eat meat?

Regarding the topic of this present thread, that much I could say : Satgur bajoh hor kachee hae Bani.

In one of the 10 commandments of christianism, it is said : Thou shall not kill.

It does not say do not kill men, or u can kill animals, it just says: thou shall not kill. For any killing implicates creating "karam".

The law of karma, is not known nor accepted by many, yet it is verily true.

Then too, not only the basics of any dharam count, but after that, the higher teachings are very important also as per Gurmat, in order to reach that ultimate reality of Waheguru.

Creation is imperfect and has to continue running like that somehow, and its explanations  maybe out of the reach of our limited minds, thus not accept the higher truths as per Gurbani.

Our main duty is to have cleared up our minds with the aid of Gurbani in order to fulfill our objective in human life of merging our surtees in Him, and also do the needful and be helpful to all beings as nishkam seva, for in all resides His Jot.

Rest is all His  hukum, which we may never understand, until we merge in Him and become one with Him, the highest level of consciousness or chetanta.

Sat Sree Akal.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, Jageera said:

The sun is going to rise from the west tomorrow as this is the first time i think i have ever agreed with kdsinghs post.

Not taking any sides in this debated to death meat topic but just wanted to say that in my life experience some of the biggest b*st*rds,untrustworthy lowlife pieces of shit that I have come across were lifelong 100% vegetarian.And the most honest stand up people who helped me in life were non veg. This has convinced me that being veg has Nothing to do with spirituality or morality. This is what I strongly believe in as it is what I personally experienced. Gurfateh.

i am non vegeterian :)

12 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

You thought about stop eating meat any time ?

As it does help for doing simran bani jaap

Never thought of it Veer as I have within the last year quit intoxicants and I dont wish to quit anything in the near future as I might implode and go mad,lol.Maybe somewhere in the distant future,who knows,but if I ever go veg it would be because of health reasons and simplicity of preparation etc.

15 hours ago, Jageera said:

Never thought of it Veer as I have within the last year quit intoxicants and I dont wish to quit anything in the near future as I might implode and go mad,lol.Maybe somewhere in the distant future,who knows,but if I ever go veg it would be because of health reasons and simplicity of preparation etc.

i like my meat/fish/chicken simple too, no spices almost bland

• 1 month later...

I used to be a non-veg.  When I was pregnant with my first baby, I was cooking chicken drumsticks one day. I had a sudden thought that my baby would have similar size legs and what if somebody cooks my baby and say something like-'yeah its tasty or no its yuck.'  It was very difficult to get rid of that thought afterwards.  First I stopped eating the pieces (only tari), and gradually stopped everything.  I could not stand chicken or any meat's cooking smell now. Both my sons are vegetarian too. yeahhhh

10 minutes ago, Kaur1510 said:

I used to be a non-veg.  When I was pregnant with my first baby, I was cooking chicken drumsticks one day. I had a sudden thought that my baby would have similar size legs and what if somebody cooks my baby and say something like-'yeah its tasty or no its yuck.'  It was very difficult to get rid of that thought afterwards.  First I stopped eating the pieces (only tari), and gradually stopped everything.  I could not stand chicken or any meat's cooking smell now. Both my sons are vegetarian too. yeahhhh

👍👍👍

👏👏👏

Well done.

Congrats.

The basic principles are actually quite different. Christianity’s basic principle is to achieve the goal of life which is to believe in Jesus as God and Savior and his 3 days on the cross was real and he died for our sins, so before he arrived and died no one could actually go to Heaven as he was the perfect ‘lamb’ aka sacrifice.

Islam, the basic principle is to believe that Allah is the only God and Muhammad was his final messenger and prophet. If you don’t, you go to Hell forever on the final day of judgement that takes place in the future. If you do go to Heaven, you get all sorts of pleasures and such, but not before that.

In both cases, these principles come before being a ‘good’ person, as both religions say doing good works is useless without accepting the basic principle.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:29 PM, Kaur1510 said:

Our Guru Granth Sahib begins with Ek Onkaar, God is One, which I strongly believe.  Why Muslims eat halal meat or Christians eat different meats? Even Jesus served lamb (apologies if I am wrong).  What might be the reason for this difference?

You need to look at this shabad in Adi Guru Granth Sahib Ang page 1289

I will highlight some parts where Guru Nanak shows that Purana and Kiteb (abrahamic texts Bible/Quran/Torah etc) allow meat!

This is the start of the shabad page 1289

ਮਃ  
मः १ ॥
Mėhlā 1.
First Mehl:

ਮਾਸੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਰਿ ਮੂਰਖੁ ਝਗੜੇ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਣੈ 
मासु मासु करि मूरखु झगड़े गिआनु धिआनु नही जाणै ॥
Mās mās kar mūrakẖ jẖagṛe gi▫ān ḏẖi▫ān nahī jāṇai.
The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom.

ਕਉਣੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਉਣੁ ਸਾਗੁ ਕਹਾਵੈ ਕਿਸੁ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਪ ਸਮਾਣੇ 
कउणु मासु कउणु सागु कहावै किसु महि पाप समाणे ॥
Ka▫uṇ mās ka▫uṇ sāg kahāvai kis mėh pāp samāṇe.
What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin?

Next, Guru ji explains about the devte eating Rhinoceros regularly.

ਗੈਂਡਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਹੋਮ ਜਗ ਕੀਏ ਦੇਵਤਿਆ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੇ 
गैंडा मारि होम जग कीए देवतिआ की बाणे ॥
Gaiʼndā mār hom jag kī▫e ḏeviṯi▫ā kī bāṇe.
It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering.

ਮਾਸੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਬੈਸਿ ਨਕੁ ਪਕੜਹਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਮਾਣਸ ਖਾਣੇ 
मासु छोडि बैसि नकु पकड़हि राती माणस खाणे ॥
Mās cẖẖod bais nak pakṛėh rāṯī māṇas kẖāṇe.
Those who renounce meat, and hold their noses when sitting near it, devour men at night.

ਫੜੁ ਕਰਿ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੋ ਦਿਖਲਾਵਹਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਸੂਝੈ 
फड़ु करि लोकां नो दिखलावहि गिआनु धिआनु नही सूझै ॥
Faṛ kar lokāʼn no ḏikẖlāvahi gi▫ān ḏẖi▫ān nahī sūjẖai.
They practice hypocrisy, and make a show before other people, but they do not understand anything about meditation or spiritual wisdom.

ਨਾਨਕ ਅੰਧੇ ਸਿਉ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ਕਹੈ  ਕਹਿਆ ਬੂਝੈ 
नानक अंधे सिउ किआ कहीऐ कहै न कहिआ बूझै ॥
Nānak anḏẖe si▫o ki▫ā kahī▫ai kahai na kahi▫ā būjẖai.
O Nanak, what can be said to the blind people? They cannot answer, or even understand what is said.

ਅੰਧਾ ਸੋਇ ਜਿ ਅੰਧੁ ਕਮਾਵੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਸਿ ਲੋਚਨ ਨਾਹੀ 
अंधा सोइ जि अंधु कमावै तिसु रिदै सि लोचन नाही ॥
Anḏẖā so▫e jė anḏẖ kamāvai ṯis riḏai sė locẖan nāhī.
They alone are blind, who act blindly. They have no eyes in their hearts.

ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਕੀ ਰਕਤੁ ਨਿਪੰਨੇ ਮਛੀ ਮਾਸੁ  ਖਾਂਹੀ 
मात पिता की रकतु निपंने मछी मासु न खांही ॥
Māṯ piṯā kī rakaṯ nipanne macẖẖī mās na kẖāʼnhī.
They are produced from the blood of their mothers and fathers, but they do not eat fish or meat.

ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਪੁਰਖੈ ਜਾਂ ਨਿਸਿ ਮੇਲਾ ਓਥੈ ਮੰਧੁ ਕਮਾਹੀ 
इसत्री पुरखै जां निसि मेला ओथै मंधु कमाही ॥
Isṯarī purkẖai jāʼn nis melā othai manḏẖ kamāhī.
But when men and women meet in the night, they come together in the flesh.

ਮਾਸਹੁ ਨਿੰਮੇ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਜੰਮੇ ਹਮ ਮਾਸੈ ਕੇ ਭਾਂਡੇ 
मासहु निमे मासहु जमे हम मासै के भांडे ॥
Māsahu nimme māsahu jamme ham māsai ke bẖāʼnde.
In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh.

ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਛੁ ਸੂਝੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਚਤੁਰੁ ਕਹਾਵੈ ਪਾਂਡੇ 
गिआनु धिआनु कछु सूझै नाही चतुरु कहावै पांडे ॥
Gi▫ān ḏẖi▫ān kacẖẖ sūjẖai nāhī cẖaṯur kahāvai pāʼnde.
You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

ਬਾਹਰ ਕਾ ਮਾਸੁ ਮੰਦਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਘਰ ਕਾ ਮਾਸੁ ਚੰਗੇਰਾ 
बाहर का मासु मंदा सुआमी घर का मासु चंगेरा ॥
Bāhar kā mās manḏā su▫āmī gẖar kā mās cẖangerā.
O master, you believe that flesh on the outside is bad, but the flesh of those in your own home is good.

ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਭਿ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਹੋਏ ਜੀਇ ਲਇਆ ਵਾਸੇਰਾ 
जीअ जंत सभि मासहु होए जीइ लइआ वासेरा ॥
Jī▫a janṯ sabẖ māsahu ho▫e jī▫e la▫i▫ā vāserā.
All beings and creatures are flesh; the soul has taken up its home in the flesh.

ਅਭਖੁ ਭਖਹਿ ਭਖੁ ਤਜਿ ਛੋਡਹਿ ਅੰਧੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਜਿਨ ਕੇਰਾ 
अभखु भखहि भखु तजि छोडहि अंधु गुरू जिन केरा ॥
Abẖakẖ bẖakẖėh bẖakẖ ṯaj cẖẖodėh anḏẖ gurū jin kerā.
They eat the uneatable; they reject and abandon what they could eat. They have a teacher who is blind.

ਮਾਸਹੁ ਨਿੰਮੇ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਜੰਮੇ ਹਮ ਮਾਸੈ ਕੇ ਭਾਂਡੇ 
मासहु निमे मासहु जमे हम मासै के भांडे ॥
Māsahu nimme māsahu jamme ham māsai ke bẖāʼnde.
In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh.

ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਛੁ ਸੂਝੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਚਤੁਰੁ ਕਹਾਵੈ ਪਾਂਡੇ 
गिआनु धिआनु कछु सूझै नाही चतुरु कहावै पांडे ॥
Gi▫ān ḏẖi▫ān kacẖẖ sūjẖai nāhī cẖaṯur kahāvai pāʼnde.
You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

Here is where Guru ji mentions Meat in Purans and Kitebs.

ਮਾਸੁ ਪੁਰਾਣੀ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਤੇਬੀ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗਿ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਮਾਣਾ 
मासु पुराणी मासु कतेबीं चहु जुगि मासु कमाणा ॥
Mās purāṇī mās ketābīʼn cẖahu jug mās kamāṇā.
Meat is allowed in the Puraanas, meat is allowed in the Bible and the Koran. Throughout the four ages, meat has been used.

ਜਜਿ ਕਾਜਿ ਵੀਆਹਿ ਸੁਹਾਵੈ ਓਥੈ ਮਾਸੁ ਸਮਾਣਾ 
जजि काजि वीआहि सुहावै ओथै मासु समाणा ॥
Jaj kāj vī▫āhi suhāvai othai mās samāṇā.
It is featured in sacred feasts and marriage festivities; meat is used in them.

ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਨਿਪਜਹਿ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹ ਸੁਲਤਾਨਾਂ 
इसत्री पुरख निपजहि मासहु पातिसाह सुलतानां ॥
Isṯarī purakẖ nipjahi māsahu pāṯisāh sulṯānāʼn.
Women, men, kings and emperors originate from meat.

ਜੇ ਓਇ ਦਿਸਹਿ ਨਰਕਿ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਤਾਂ ਉਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਾ ਦਾਨੁ  ਲੈਣਾ 
जे ओइ दिसहि नरकि जांदे तां उन्ह का दानु न लैणा ॥
Je o▫e ḏisėh narak jāʼnḏe ṯāʼn unĥ kā ḏān na laiṇā.
If you see them going to hell, then do not accept charitable gifts from them.

ਦੇਂਦਾ ਨਰਕਿ ਸੁਰਗਿ ਲੈਦੇ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਏਹੁ ਧਿਙਾਣਾ 
देंदा नरकि सुरगि लैदे देखहु एहु धिङाणा ॥
Ḏeʼnḏā narak surag laiḏe ḏekẖhu ehu ḏẖińāṇā.
The giver goes to hell, while the receiver goes to heaven - look at this injustice.

ਆਪਿ  ਬੂਝੈ ਲੋਕ ਬੁਝਾਏ ਪਾਂਡੇ ਖਰਾ ਸਿਆਣਾ 
आपि न बूझै लोक बुझाए पांडे खरा सिआणा ॥
Āp na būjẖai lok bujẖā▫e pāʼnde kẖarā si▫āṇā.
You do not understand your own self, but you preach to other people. O Pandit, you are very wise indeed.

ਪਾਂਡੇ ਤੂ ਜਾਣੈ ਹੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਿਥਹੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਉਪੰਨਾ 
पांडे तू जाणै ही नाही किथहु मासु उपंना ॥
Pāʼnde ṯū jāṇai hī nāhī kithhu mās upannā.
O Pandit, you do not know where meat originated.

ਤੋਇਅਹੁ ਅੰਨੁ ਕਮਾਦੁ ਕਪਾਹਾਂ ਤੋਇਅਹੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣੁ ਗੰਨਾ 
तोइअहु अंनु कमादु कपाहां तोइअहु त्रिभवणु गंना ॥
Ŧo▫i▫ahu ann kamāḏ kapāhāʼn ṯo▫i▫ahu ṯaribẖavaṇ gannā.
Corn, sugar cane and cotton are produced from water. The three worlds came from water.

ਤੋਆ ਆਖੈ ਹਉ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਹਛਾ ਤੋਐ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਕਾਰਾ 
तोआ आखै हउ बहु बिधि हछा तोऐ बहुतु बिकारा ॥
Ŧo▫ā ākẖai ha▫o baho biḏẖ hacẖẖā ṯoai bahuṯ bikārā.
Water says, "I am good in many ways." But water takes many forms.

ਏਤੇ ਰਸ ਛੋਡਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੰਨਿਆਸੀ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਹੈ ਵਿਚਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
एते रस छोडि होवै संनिआसी नानकु कहै विचारा ॥२॥
Ėṯe ras cẖẖod hovai sani▫āsī Nānak kahai vicẖārā. ||2||
Forsaking these delicacies, one becomes a true Sannyaasee, a detached hermit. Nanak reflects and speaks. ||2||

With regards to Halal Meat.

Previous post was getting long, but here is Guru Nanak mentioning about Brahmins eating Halal or abhakhiya ka Khutta in Asa Di Vaar. Ang 471

ਮਲੇਛ ਧਾਨੁ ਲੇ ਪੂਜਹਿ ਪੁਰਾਣੁ 
मलेछ धानु ले पूजहि पुराणु ॥
Malecẖẖ ḏẖān le pūjėh purāṇ.
Accepting bread from the Muslim rulers, they still worship the Puraanas.

ਅਭਾਖਿਆ ਕਾ ਕੁਠਾ ਬਕਰਾ ਖਾਣਾ 
अभाखिआ का कुठा बकरा खाणा ॥
Abẖākẖi▫ā kā kuṯẖā bakrā kẖāṇā.
They eat the meat of the goats, killed after the Muslim prayers are read over them,

ਚਉਕੇ ਉਪਰਿ ਕਿਸੈ  ਜਾਣਾ 
चउके उपरि किसै न जाणा ॥
Cẖa▫uke upar kisai na jāṇā.
but they do not allow anyone else to enter their kitchen areas.

ਦੇ ਕੈ ਚਉਕਾ ਕਢੀ ਕਾਰ 
दे कै चउका कढी कार ॥
Ḏe kai cẖa▫ukā kadẖī kār.
They draw lines around them, plastering the ground with cow-dung.

On 2/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, harsharan000 said:

Regarding the topic of this present thread, that much I could say : Satgur bajoh hor kachee hae Bani.

In one of the 10 commandments of christianism, it is said : Thou shall not kill.

It does not say do not kill men, or u can kill animals, it just says: thou shall not kill. For any killing implicates creating "karam".

The law of karma, is not known nor accepted by many, yet it is verily true.

Then too, not only the basics of any dharam count, but after that, the higher teachings are very important also as per Gurmat, in order to reach that ultimate reality of Waheguru.

Creation is imperfect and has to continue running like that somehow, and its explanations  maybe out of the reach of our limited minds, thus not accept the higher truths as per Gurbani.

Our main duty is to have cleared up our minds with the aid of Gurbani in order to fulfill our objective in human life of merging our surtees in Him, and also do the needful and be helpful to all beings as nishkam seva, for in all resides His Jot.

Rest is all His  hukum, which we may never understand, until we merge in Him and become one with Him, the highest level of consciousness or chetanta.

Sat Sree Akal.

Thou shall not kill, is refering to the Jews that have accepted the law of Yahwah and only applied for his people not the gentiles. Which explains all the killings of gentiles talked about in the bible but they cant do it to their OWN people because gentiles are not apart of the law. Jews are allowed to eat meat, only curtain types. Which when you think about it, also applies to Muslims who view everyone whos a non-believer an emermy of their god under their law. This is why killings are still going on. If it was left to "The Law of Karma" it would have been delt with long time ago.

"Law of Karma" is BS and only should be taken to what it means, actions. Karma can be applied for bad and good actions but it doesn't mean your transfering energy in a magical way. There is no reflective force that bouncies Bad or Good Actions to and from a person like a conversation. If that was the case, I'd be a lot happier. Reailty is, bad things happen and people that get away with bad things and never have karma delt with unless its justice they seek. Bad people will think they are good because its all subjective and how you can prove yourself right by using truth. 

We should start believeing things more practically.

When people think about God, they usually thing about God of all life and that everything is central to GOD. But then you have another view where God seems to treat people differently and favours his own people over others and even kills allows killings of people who follow other gods. But the real question is who is The God which is above the religion you follow. 

22 hours ago, LiquidSky said:

Thou shall not kill, is refering to the Jews that have accepted the law of Yahwah and only applied for his people not the gentiles. Which explains all the killings of gentiles talked about in the bible but they cant do it to their OWN people because gentiles are not apart of the law. Jews are allowed to eat meat, only curtain types. Which when you think about it, also applies to Muslims who view everyone whos a non-believer an emermy of their god under their law. This is why killings are still going on. If it was left to "The Law of Karma" it would have been delt with long time ago.

oh so is that where the implementation in Sharia Law or Islam comes from, where it is ok to kill a non-muslim? Or an inspiration at least?!?

On 4/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, ipledgeblue said:

oh so is that where the implementation in Sharia Law or Islam comes from, where it is ok to kill a non-muslim? Or an inspiration at least?!?

No, muslims believe that Mohammad is the next and last prophet after Jesus. Muslims also believe that their version of history is right and everyone that doesnt have the same view is a kaffar, this also includes Jews and Christians. 

On the subject of "Law of karma". Sitting back and letting "karma" do something is Reailty is in reality an oxymoron. It's like expecting an action to take place when there is no action to settle it. I'm not talking about it paradoxically either. If I was then, taking no action is better than action. This can be applied to doing something will cause more harm than good. 

Action (Karma) is only done with intent not by doing nothing.