Whats everyone watching during lockdown?

Jageera

@Soulfinder

Did you watch all the movies you mentioned?

I've seen 'Chal Mera Putt' and I thought it was 'good' (I hardly ever watch Panjabi or Indian movies, but the trailer looked good). 

But to call it 'realistic' I think is stretching reality. Some of it is, others definitely not. They never mentioned religion which most East Panjabis and definitely all West Panjabis would in real life. 

Btw, this is the attitude of Pakistani actors (some were in the movie) towards Sikhs (I learned this from SS forums) . It's put me off watching the sequels.

28 minutes ago, Premi said:

@Soulfinder

Did you watch all the movies you mentioned?

I've seen 'Chal Mera Putt' and I thought it was 'good' (I hardly ever watch Panjabi or Indian movies, but the trailer looked good). 

But to call it 'realistic' I think is stretching reality. Some of it is, others definitely not. They never mentioned religion which most East Panjabis and definitely all West Panjabis would in real life. 

Btw, this is the attitude of Pakistani actors (some were in the movie) towards Sikhs (I learned this from SS forums) . It's put me off watching the sequels.

Yes veer ji i have seen all these movies that i posted as my family really enjoyed these films a lot especially chal mera putt (which was on last night on Pitaara TV on sky). I saw part 2 of chal mera putt at the cinema which my family liked a lot as well.

But yes i agree they don't mention religion and after seeing the video clip you posted i am shocked to say. 

9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Has anyone seen the film Stalingrad. Was it any good? 

If it’s the 1993 film I would say it was ok. It has high ratings but it drags on and isn’t very coherent. It feels like watching a bunch of randoms go through various set pieces associated with the Stalingrad siege. You would be better off watching a documentary about the battle instead. 

If you want to watch a film about the Eastern Front I would recommend Cross Of Iron. If it’s something in the German language you want then the tv show Generation War is worth a watch. 

1 minute ago, HSD said:

If it’s the 1993 film I would say it was ok. It has high ratings but it drags on and isn’t very coherent. It feels like watching a bunch of randoms go through various set pieces associated with the Stalingrad siege. You would be better off watching a documentary about the battle instead. 

If you want to watch a film about the Eastern Front I would recommend Cross Of Iron. If it’s something in the German language you want then the tv show Generation War is worth a watch. 

What about this one? 2014

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stalingrad-DVD-Thomas-Kretschmann/dp/B00IMD0U2A/ref=asc_df_B00IMD0U2A/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310745957914&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5624224832518172899&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006886&hvtargid=pla-563172259601&psc=1

Just watched the above (2 episodes), perfectly frames the traditional british view of these things (i.e. no biggy, so move along), and also perfectly explains why they covered up (and still cover up) what happened to Sikh girls. Makes yer proud to be british! Gawd save da queen!  Paa, paa , pa-pa-pa-pa, paaah..........

On 4/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Note how he uses the phrase ‘coming up next Thursday’ when he talks to people. If you turn that phrase into an acronym, you get what he’s really saying. The brits like being rude to others in an underhand way, though this phrase is no longer commonly used. 

Watched Taboo with Tom Hardy. It's a bit twisted (incest) by I liked it a lot. Weaves in the East India Company machoday and british monarchy in the story.

To be honest I really loved Better call Saul, shame Odenkirk had a heart attack filming the last season. Hopefully it will be out soon.