r/sikhawareness subreddit - require contributors and moderators.

ipledgeblue

Started a subreddit for sikhawareness a while back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sikhawareness

Since I don't really have the time, I really need some members to help me out.

So the aim of the subreddit is to showcase content from Sikh Awareness onto Reddit. Reddit just has so many members globally, so it's an excellent place to learn about sikhi.

Please let me know whoever can help, I am also available on Reddit with the same username as here.

Also let me know if anyone has ideas on contributing to a subreddit for uk sikhs, I think there is one needed urgently!

Edited by ipledgeblue

Great idea, I think that posting to interesting threads here on discussions might be useful?

Also let me know if anyone has ideas on contributing to a subreddit for uk sikhs, I think there is on needed urgently!

I think focusing on teaching Gurmukhi, providing links to quality reading material, facilitating open minded debate on current issues: Gurdwara protection is a big one right now.  

You know what would be good, is if we had a forum where the visitors had a big hand in shaping the content. Like what are the majority of young apnay interested in?  

9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

You know what would be good, is if we had a forum where the visitors had a big hand in shaping the content. Like what are the majority of young apnay interested in?  

Thats a really good idea veer ji and hopefuly this site will get more followers plus help understand the youth needs of today.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:12 PM, dalsingh101 said:

On 4/2/2020 at 1:36 AM, Soulfinder said:

Thats a really good idea veer ji and hopefuly this site will get more followers plus help understand the youth needs of today.

ok I am also creating a separate subreddit forum for uk sikhs, I will make a separate thread to poll for a name.

22 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

@ipledgeblue

I already had a few warnings on reddit about linking to this forum. lol

yes that's probably r/sikh subreddit which I do not moderate. We will 100% not have this issue with r/sikhawareness LOL

Edited by ipledgeblue

3 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

yes that's probably r/sikh subreddit which I do not moderate. We will 100% not have this issue with r/sikhawareness LOL

At some stage I might stick a few of the translations we've done over the years on it. I've got shyte loads of assignments to do at the moment though. 

• 9 months later...

I have created a new post on reddit. since I don't really have time to moderate on reddit, I have just posted links to this forum. This way people on reddit can view the topics and at the same they can click on links to view the threads on sikhawareness site.

This is how it looks, I don't really have much time to edit the posts properly, but any suggestions let me know.

• 1 year later...
On 1/26/2021 at 3:57 AM, ipledgeblue said:

I have created a new post on reddit. since I don't really have time to moderate on reddit, I have just posted links to this forum. This way people on reddit can view the topics and at the same they can click on links to view the threads on sikhawareness site.

This is how it looks, I don't really have much time to edit the posts properly, but any suggestions let me know.

The community is private now. Is it inactive?

On 8/2/2022 at 2:56 AM, Arsh1469 said:

The community is private now. Is it inactive?

thanks for letting me know. I had set it private due to the request of another subreddit. However I feel I will make it public again. At the moment all it is used for is to bring people to this forum. I don't really have much time to update it these days.