Help needed Naam jaap and sleep

Sat sri akal sangat ji,

After a long pause I have started doing meditation again. Most days I wake up between 3am to 6am and do meditation for an hour. I always want to do more but I endup giving up after an hour. So I was wondering what is best way to: 

# keep going for longer sessions and how to stay motivated?

# while mind stats to become still I start falling asleep but that sleep starts with a sudden onset of a dream ie a dream starts and my head falls forward ans I wake up. If I lay down then I fall asleep and its all dreams and just usual sleep. No meditation or naam jaap in there. 

# As suggested to me before by respected memebers I have been trying my best to keep focused on jaap while doing anything through out the day but still I lack the pleasure of the meditation and enjoing naam jaap. 

# in terms of hearing dhun I have been hearing a sort of sharp constant dhun like a train horn from far( its always there and does not decrease or increase if I focus on it) as well as a heavy bass like sound on and off. Not sure if thats my ears playing up or its actually dunn 😞 . I have been hearing these sounds for a long time now but have not progressed further.  

# also how to go about married life. Any suggestions on this from married members of the forum would be great. 

thank you in advance. Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

Guest Moneyandpower

Get your testosterone level checked and estrogen level checked after quarantine, there’s no reason for you not to be sexually interested as a result of naam jaap, unless you aren’t attracted to your partner.

Focus more on Vaheguru and less on yourself. It’s not your efforts that bring you closer to Him, it’s Him, so recognize that and you’ll see that even a minute of pure meditation is worth infinitely more than hours of forcing ‘you’ to do it.

On 4/13/2020 at 3:04 AM, Guest Moneyandpower said:

Focus more on Vaheguru and less on yourself. It’s not your efforts that bring you closer to Him, it’s Him, so recognize that and you’ll see that even a minute of pure meditation is worth infinitely more than hours of forcing ‘you’ to do it.

Thank you bhaji. I re read this few times and it makes sense. If you could elaborate more on that it will give me some more guidance.